PDA

View Full Version : I lost the battle

pooleedavis91
06-03-09, 10:34 AM
I would like to thank all Marines on this site. I don't really think you all know how helpful you have been to me. I sadly have "unreadable" blood. I posted a thread on it for some advice some time ago and my recuiter said MEPS can't take civilian blood work. I have been told I can not go to Recruit Training and this isn't something I take with no emotion.

Being a Marine is a long dream of mine. I don't have any post high school plans and was wondering if I can still try to elist again? My recruiter said that I can still go but later. I don't understand that but at the same time I don't understand not being able to go to Recruit Training because MEPS can't read my blood. So is there ANYTHING at all I can do or is my dream just out of reach?

Once again, thank you for your service and guidance. It would be an honor to call you Brothers and Sisters.

Wyoming
06-03-09, 10:47 AM
This is a total 1st for me.

Please explain 'unreadable bllod'.

Thanks.

NoRemorse
06-03-09, 10:51 AM
Sounds like you had a sh!tty phlebotomist or the docs there don't know how to preserve a sample once they've drawn it. You could also make the case for them using a sh!tty lab.

Explain your story. Talk to another recruiter. Stop using IV drugs and having intercourse with AIDS-ridden CHUDs. That will be all.

pooleedavis91
06-03-09, 10:52 AM
Yes Corporal.

I will explain it to the best of my ability. I went to MEPS and they said their test can't determine if I have HIV or not. Me and my mother went back and it again came back unreadable. I don't want to show any disrespect but my dad did research and found out that the military use the most inexpensive tests there are. I can't tell you anything else Corporal. Thats all I know and I don't want to feed you false information. This is very upseting lol.

0231Marine
06-03-09, 11:29 AM
You should contact the office of your Congressman/woman and inform them of your situation and your desire to enlist. See if he/she can't make some headway or obtain you a waiver for the civilian blood test.

pooleedavis91
06-03-09, 11:46 AM
Thank you. I've contacted Congressman Ortiz and its all up to him now. Thank all of you for your guidance. I will keep you all posted.

You should contact the office of your Congressman/woman and inform them of your situation and your desire to enlist. See if he/she can't make some headway or obtain you a waiver for the civilian blood test.

0231Marine
06-03-09, 11:50 AM
Well then...En' Shalah, you'll hear some good news in the future.

GySgtRet
06-03-09, 11:52 AM
You are not showing and direspect at all most of the time it is the lowest bidder unfortunatley. Since MEPS won't take the reading from a civilian lab then insist upon a re-read. It seems to me that the lab at MEPS is amature at best. Like Big Al said this is a first and did 20 years and 39 months of that was on recruiting duty. I would get a further explaination on this one. As 0231Marine Marine stated go to your congressional representatives.

Gunny out
:usmc:

pooleedavis91
06-03-09, 12:08 PM
Thank you Gunnery Sergeant. All of you are giving me great advice and have seriously boosted my confidence. Like I said, I had absolutly no plans seeing we just finished high school today and I was getting really nervous. I will most certainly keep you all posted. Hopefully with good news :)

You are not showing and direspect at all most of the time it is the lowest bidder unfortunatley. Since MEPS won't take the reading from a civilian lab then insist upon a re-read. It seems to me that the lab at MEPS is amature at best. Like Big Al said this is a first and did 20 years and 39 months of that was on recruiting duty. I would get a further explaination on this one. As 0231Marine Marine stated go to your congressional representatives.

Gunny out
:usmc:

GySgtRet
06-03-09, 12:24 PM
If you really want to be a Marine this will not stop you. I caution you though on giving up so easily. Yes, please keep us posted.

Gunny out

Phantom Blooper
06-16-09, 10:41 PM
A battle is never lost.....there may be a hasty retreat and a backup and regroup to get resupplied and reorganized....but the battle is NEVER lost until the grave.

The advice of using a congressional representative is a good suggestion.

However before I would involve the congressional reps I would do like us older Marines do that do have BP problems and keep at least a 30 day log to use as a reference. Buy a cheap BP machine from a drug store.

Every once in awhile a BP machine if digital will fail and may need to be re- calibrated.

A manual machine in a doctors office....the doctor and three nurse will get four different readings....so you do have a voluble argument.

Restock your ammo and supplies and force march back to the front!:evilgrin:

Petz
06-17-09, 01:37 AM
so is there a serious update to this?!

I mean with the congressman, sorry phantom... thought I sounded like a douche for a second.