PDA

View Full Version : How easy is it to change your MOS?

KyleS333
05-31-09, 10:20 PM
How easy is it to change your MOS? If anybody who knows for sure please reply. My ship date is in a few months but I still have some paper work to do and I don’t know if I can change my MOS from Communications to what ive always wanted infantry. Will I be able to do it now or will I have to wait till boot camp? Also how likely is it that I will have my MOS changed on me in or right after boot camp? Im unable to ask my Recruiter because im across the country and a new recruiter just came in to replace my original one. Ive only met him once and have no way to contact him. So ive turned to all of you to see how many of my questions will me answered. Any and all answers, remarks, advice is welcome from those who know what they are talking about so no poolees please just Marines. Thank you

Gunner614
05-31-09, 10:55 PM
You can change your MOS as long as there is a spot open for the MOS that you want, and even then if someone else doesn't get it first. It might end up changing your ship date as well.

dizark
05-31-09, 11:10 PM
From what my Senior Drill Instructor had told us, infantry is quite booked up, and if people want to go infantry, their ship dates to boot are pushed way back. Definitely ask your new recruiter.

Petz
05-31-09, 11:51 PM
impossible... you signed for that MOS, you should live with it... no one said you needed to accept some MOS you didn't want to do for the next 4 years.

suck it up poolee. If you want something in the fighting field then go MarSOC ... they are accepting from all MOSs now... now go get'em killer.

now stop asking silly questions until you ask your recruiter.

DGardner
06-01-09, 04:09 AM
Your DEP contract isn't final. You can change it (as long as there are openings) up until you sign the second (and final) contract on the day you ship.

Good luck,
Gardner

redman1
06-01-09, 06:08 AM
In 68 you didn't have a choice about MOS. They just gave you one and that was it.
We did allot of different things not necessarily in your MOS.
Semper Fi Redman1

ST331
06-01-09, 09:53 AM
You can change your MOS as long as there is a spot open for the MOS that you want, and even then if someone else doesn't get it first. It might end up changing your ship date as well.

and pending recruiter cooperation of course...haha