PDA

View Full Version : What battalion will I be in?

Russel Harris
05-31-09, 07:08 PM
I ship to boot camp 20090810 and I want to get into 1st battalion. Does anyone know what battalion I will be in? If I'm not going to be in 1st, what date would I need to be in 1st?

NoRemorse
05-31-09, 07:12 PM
I'm not even going to ask why.

Ask your recruiter or google the schedule.

dizark
05-31-09, 07:16 PM
Russel,

Your recruiter should know what battalion you'll be in if he looks in his book which goes by ship dates. Ask him about it next time you see him.

I started out 2nd Battalion, went to 1st, and enjoyed both so can't tell you which to go with. :P

Kreegz
05-31-09, 07:19 PM
I ship to boot camp 20090810 and I want to get into 1st battalion. Does anyone know what battalion I will be in? If I'm not going to be in 1st, what date would I need to be in 1st?

I also ship August 10 to MCRDSD. I'm not sure if you're also going there or if it's the same for Parris Island, but I'm going to be in Alpha company 1st battalion. I found out from this graduation schedule:

http://www.mcrdsd.usmc.mil/RTR/FY09%20Schedule.doc

Russel Harris
05-31-09, 07:19 PM
Well even though you're not asking, it's because I just had about 4 friends get back from boot camp and they all said to get 1st battalion. They told me a bunch of things and It's the one I want if I can get it.

Phantom Blooper
05-31-09, 07:22 PM
How do you know it will be like that if and when you ship?

In the meantime...one of the first Marine Corps lesson....don't listen to friends...wait until the true scoop is passed!:evilgrin:

Russel Harris
05-31-09, 07:34 PM
Yea, I guess I should just wait until I go and make my own opinions, lol. Thanks for the answers everyone.

ecfree
05-31-09, 07:57 PM
Russel Harris,does it make a differance what Batt.you go to ?
Answer is NO.
It wont be the 4th batt....:D

MarinesFTW
05-31-09, 08:32 PM
This seems to be one of the most non-important question that someone could think of.. As what PFC said, we all hope for your sake its not the 4th..

BR34
05-31-09, 09:02 PM
Who gives a **** what battalion you're in? You going to boot camp for the pretty red shirt they give you in 1st bt? Go earn the title and just be happy you ain't in Papa Co.

MLMonk
05-31-09, 09:21 PM
You will enjoy what ever battalion you get stuck with. It goes by your individual platoon and how your DI's run the training cycle. Which ever Bat. your in will not determine how the 3-5 DI's you get run the show.

ST331
05-31-09, 09:34 PM

dude, what BN youre in is completely irrelevant. The training is all the same, even if the DIs will claim that their BN/Co/Plt is more hardass than the other ones.

Russel Harris
05-31-09, 09:59 PM
Thanks everyone. I get the idea now. My graduated friends had just told me that all of the other battalions are disgusting compared to 1st battalion. I'll stop listening to them about that. Thanks again.

Gunner614
05-31-09, 11:00 PM
Thanks everyone. I get the idea now. My graduated friends had just told me that all of the other battalions are disgusting compared to 1st battalion. I'll stop listening to them about that. Thanks again.

I can almost guarantee you that anyone from the 2nd or 3rd batallion thinks the other two are disgusting as well.

usmcmsf
06-01-09, 12:38 AM
You will get your ass handed to you the same regardless of what battalion you're assigned to.

MLMonk
06-01-09, 12:42 AM
I can almost guarantee you that anyone from the 2nd or 3rd batallion thinks the other two are disgusting as well.

Yes, we do, we all know 3rd Bat was the best :marine:

commdog7
06-01-09, 02:02 AM
Who gives a **** what battalion you're in? You going to boot camp for the pretty red shirt they give you in 1st bt? Go earn the title and just be happy you ain't in Papa Co.

What's wrong with 4th BN? :banana:

Petz
06-01-09, 03:00 AM
a bunch of dickless wonders, that's what!

hahahahah.

DGardner
06-01-09, 04:01 AM
You'll be in 1st BN, Alpha Company.

TJR1070
06-01-09, 08:53 AM
Why don't you be a man and go for Second Battalion!!!!

commdog7
06-01-09, 09:14 AM
a bunch of dickless wonders, that's what!

hahahahah.

That just means that we can get kicked in the groin and not fall over! :banana:

Oh, and we got lil' Timmy and lil' Johnny too- Chesty wouldn't have it any other way. :D

MLMonk
06-01-09, 02:50 PM
Didn't 4th Bat have tea-parties and stuff like that back in the 50's?

SGT7477
06-01-09, 09:02 PM
Just don't screw up and end up in 4th,lol.:D

Lisa 23
06-01-09, 09:21 PM
This seems to be one of the most non-important question that someone could think of.. As what PFC said, we all hope for your sake its not the 4th..
Just some FYI for some of you male poolees who don't know this, but 4th BN is for Female Recruits only and we only train at Parris Island. Don't go knocking 4th BN down.......we train just as hard as the males do!
And for you male poolees, what difference does it make what BN you're in......in the end what matters the most is when you've EARNED the EGA and the right to be called a UNITED STATES MARINE!!! :usmc: That's what matters the most......and that's what you should be thinking about, not what BN you're going to be in.

ecfree
06-01-09, 09:58 PM
Just some FYI for some of you male poolees who don't know this, but 4th BN is for Female Recruits only and we only train at Parris Island. Don't go knocking 4th BN down.......we train just as hard as the males do!
And for you male poolees, what difference does it make what BN you're in......in the end what matters the most is when you've EARNED the EGA and the right to be called a UNITED STATES MARINE!!! :usmc: That's what matters the most......and that's what you should be thinking about, not what BN you're going to be in.

I think you got their attintion Lisa.....;)
SEMPER FI

Lisa 23
06-01-09, 10:30 PM
I think you got their attintion Lisa.....;)
SEMPER FI
I hope I did Ed......we're not a bunch of pansy a$$es over there at 4th BN. I trained very hard during Boot Camp.........and I don't like the fact that some are making fun of 4th BN. :mad:
To me, there are to many other things to worry about and think about before you go to Boot Camp....and when you finally get there, than worring about what BN a poolee is going to be in.

Petz
06-01-09, 10:45 PM
yeah, up until the early 80's women were trained to be secretaries and how to be ladies... serving a luncheon or tea party as you might call it was like the current crucible in terms of showing what you learned and how well you applied it.

CommDog... lil' timmy and jimmy? please elaborate for someone who is apparently not in the know.

Wyoming
06-01-09, 10:52 PM
yeah, up until the early 80's women were trained to be secretaries and how to be ladies... serving a luncheon or tea party as you might call it was like the current crucible in terms of showing what you learned and how well you applied it.

CommDog... lil' timmy and jimmy? please elaborate for someone who is apparently not in the know.

Me, me! I know, I know!! :D

BR34
06-02-09, 05:09 AM
and I don't like the fact that some are making fun of 4th BN. :mad:

That's something you're going to have to get over! We all make fun of ANY BN we weren't actually in. 4th BN isn't exempt.

ramos360
06-02-09, 09:08 AM
I am shipping out to MCRD Parris Island on 20090810 and I am going to end up in 2nd Battalion Fox Company.

Matlock09
06-02-09, 12:13 PM
I am shipping out to MCRD Parris Island on 20090810 and I am going to end up in 2nd Battalion Fox Company.
Oh cool I ship out that day as well, but how did u find out what Battalion/company u were going to be in, did u ask your recruiter?

Checking: http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/graduation/grad_dates.asp
I was under the impression u count 13 weeks from the Friday in the week that u ship( which would end up at Nov 13 I think), what ever company graduating that day is yours....which is 3rd Battalion Kilo Company.

ramos360
06-02-09, 01:57 PM
Oh cool I ship out that day as well, but how did u find out what Battalion/company u were going to be in, did u ask your recruiter?

Checking: http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/graduation/grad_dates.asp
I was under the impression u count 13 weeks from the Friday in the week that u ship( which would end up at Nov 13 I think), what ever company graduating that day is yours....which is 3rd Battalion Kilo Company.

I did both. I researched it at first then I asked my recruiter both coming up with 2nd Battalion Fox Company. I wish I was going to 3rd Battalion. I was originally going to go to 3rd Battalion India Company but my ship date was pushed back 3 weeks.

Lisa 23
06-02-09, 02:33 PM
I don't want to sound as if I'm repeating myself, but I am...........all of you poolees should be worrying about getting through the daily rigors of Boot Camp instead of worrying about what BN you're going to be in.
3 months of being on Parris Island, (that is if nothing happens that gets you sent back a few weeks), all the PTing, training, drilling, classroom instruction, Marine Corps history, swim qual, rifle range, Drill Instructor inspections during 1st phase, initial written test at the end of 1st phase, initial strength test, initial PFT, Commander's inspection towards the end of 2nd phase, BWT, field firing, land navigation, final PFT, final written test, the Crucible, BN CO's inspections and whatever else I may have left out.......and all you poolees are worried about is what BN you're going to be in.
You could be in whatever BN you want, but if you don't pass getting through Boot Camp, then you don't become a UNITED STATES MARINE.

WOW.......seems to me that you have lots to get through before you EARN the title.......UNITED STATES MARINE :usmc: ..........that's what should be important.

Lisa 23
06-02-09, 02:41 PM
I also forgot to mention the gas chamber and repel tower.

ecfree
06-02-09, 02:48 PM
And God forbid we forget the almibhty USMC SAND FLEA.Whatever battalion your in they'll meet you....:evilgrin:

ecfree
06-02-09, 02:50 PM
SAND FLEAS in Parris Island only....:evilgrin:

Lisa 23
06-02-09, 02:56 PM
And God forbid we forget the almibhty USMC SAND FLEA.Whatever battalion your in they'll meet you....:evilgrin:

Ah yes......the almighty SAND FLEA! Thanks Ed.

commdog7
06-03-09, 01:03 PM

Shush... it's our little secret! :banana:

ameriken
06-03-09, 01:19 PM
Ah yes......the almighty SAND FLEA! Thanks Ed.
I got to meet a nest of PI fire ants too.

During initial grenade training with duds, we were to fall flat after throwing the grenade. Right in front of me was a huge nest of fire ants. I figured I had a choice, whine to the DI about the ants, or just lay down on them. Needless to say, I chose the ants. Ouch!

I mean, FVCKING OUCH!!!! :devious:

Lisa 23
06-03-09, 01:44 PM
I forgot about the fire ants, Thanks for the reminder ameriken....LOL! I had my run-in with them during PT. My Drill Instructors noticed that I was doing some fidgeting and came over to me to see what was up....I told them that I got bit by something on the ground....they saw a mound of fire ants that I was PTing in, instructed me to move and then asked if I was OK. I replied with a Yes Ma'am and continued on with PT. :thumbup:
Those fire ants are nasty little buggers .....:mad:

Wyoming
06-03-09, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165

Shush... it's our little secret! :banana:

There you have it Petzold. I gotta respect CD7's wishes.:cool:

ameriken
06-03-09, 02:05 PM
I forgot about the fire ants, Thanks for the reminder ameriken....LOL! I had my run-in with them during PT. My Drill Instructors noticed that I was doing some fidgeting and came over to me to see what was up....I told them that I got bit by something on the ground....they saw a mound of fire ants that I was PTing in, instructed me to move and then asked if I was OK. I replied with a Yes Ma'am and continued on with PT. :thumbup:

Yep......and to go along with the title of the thread.......the sand fleas, fire ants, DI's and everything else PI throws at you doesnt care whether you're in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th battalion!

Equipped Possum
06-03-09, 09:27 PM
Fox Company, 2nd Battalion for me
03xx

Petz
06-03-09, 09:32 PM
is there a reason this thread is still alive???

Wyoming
06-03-09, 10:07 PM
is there a reason this thread is still alive???

Now, now, Petzold, you're just upset because you don't know little Jmmy and Timmy.:D

... and she ain't gonna tell you.:bunny:

commdog7
06-04-09, 03:14 AM

I remember sitting in an area surrounded by fire ant hills, I didn't bother to inform the DI, I thought for sure she'd keep us where we were and just let them bite (like mosquitos/sand fleas). The recruit next to me started freaking out and the DI eventually realized the fire ants were upon us and told us to move. Pretty boring story, but we learned our DI had a heart. :D

Wyoming
06-04-09, 07:18 AM
I remember sitting in an area surrounded by fire ant hills, I didn't bother to inform the DI, I thought for sure she'd keep us where we were and just let them bite (like mosquitos/sand fleas). The recruit next to me started freaking out and the DI eventually realized the fire ants were upon us and told us to move. Pretty boring story, but we learned our DI had a heart. :D

... or in todays atmosphere, she probably knew of the liability issues iffen she hadn't moved you.

Petz
06-04-09, 09:58 AM
Now, now, Petzold, you're just upset because you don't know little Jmmy and Timmy.:D

... and she ain't gonna tell you.:bunny:

who cares Al? Just never heard the term before... probably never will again. no skin off my back.

ramos360
06-04-09, 10:08 AM
Fox Company, 2nd Battalion for me
03xx

When do you ship out? August 6th or June 8th because people write their military dates in wierd ways? If you are going to PI me and you might be in the same Plt.

GavinL91
06-04-09, 08:43 PM
IDK what batallion im in.As far as i know its all the same training just different numbers,I will find out when i become a poolee.As long as i dont get 4th,but if i do i wont say anything,they will find something peculiar.

Lisa 23
06-04-09, 10:26 PM
GavinL91.....Please have respect for us Female Marines when using 4th BN......4th BN is for women only!
But then.....maybe some of you poolees and wannabes want to be trained by Female Marine Drill Instructors.

NoRemorse
06-04-09, 10:35 PM
When do you ship out? August 6th or June 8th because people write their military dates in wierd ways? If you are going to PI me and you might be in the same Plt.

People write their military dates weird? It's big to the little, so he ships out this coming Monday.

Go push.

commdog7
06-04-09, 10:36 PM
But then.....maybe some of you poolees and wannabes want to be trained by Female Marine Drill Instructors.

They wouldn't last 5 minutes! :banana:

NoRemorse
06-04-09, 10:39 PM
They wouldn't last 5 minutes! :banana:

I remember one rather vision female SDI GySgt from Papa Co. We'd rarely get to see her or anything approximating a female but when we did see her she'd be slaying her platoon.

There was this general sense of fear and terror that befell the platoon when ever she was nearby...

Petz
06-04-09, 11:03 PM
imagine your wife on her period... now imagine your Marine wife who get's to slay recruits on her period.... I thank god every day I didn't marry a Marine.....

JWDevilDog
06-05-09, 03:17 AM
Oh God, I was completely terrified of the female DIs in my sister company (November). There was this lady that was about seven feet tall, she was the SDI for one platoon. She had a green belt DI under her who was about 4' nothin. I was mortified of both of them each time they came around. Maybe even more so than my own DIs.... nah, but it was close...

commdog7
06-05-09, 02:35 PM
Oh God, I was completely terrified of the female DIs in my sister company (November). There was this lady that was about seven feet tall, she was the SDI for one platoon. She had a green belt DI under her who was about 4' nothin. I was mortified of both of them each time they came around. Maybe even more so than my own DIs.... nah, but it was close...

The shorter DI's are the worst. I had this one DI who was under 5 feet tall, she was by far the hardest DI on the island (but also the most respected). When she got angry, it was like watching a lion take down an antelope- the recruit didn't stand a chance.

I later came across her in the fleet. Once I laid eyes on her, I saw my life flash before my eyes.... I'm still tramatized.....

GavinL91
06-05-09, 02:36 PM
IDK what batallion im in.As far as i know its all the same training just different numbers,I will find out when i become a poolee.As long as i dont get 4th,but if i do i wont say anything,they will find something peculiar.I take that back ,i would say something.:cry:

SGT7477
06-05-09, 05:52 PM
The shorter DI's are the worst. I had this one DI who was under 5 feet tall, she was by far the hardest DI on the island (but also the most respected). When she got angry, it was like watching a lion take down an antelope- the recruit didn't stand a chance.

I later came across her in the fleet. Once I laid eyes on her, I saw my life flash before my eyes.... I'm still tramatized.....
Sounds like my SDI.:D