PDA

View Full Version : I got mono

Mac10804
05-28-09, 12:21 PM
So I found out last week ive got mono and for the next 4 weeks cant do any sort of PT. This is a BIG problem cause I was suppose to leave for Parris Island June 22. I still might be able to go if it...

NoRemorse
05-28-09, 12:23 PM
Do you have mono or did you test positive for the antibody or a past infection? Whatever. There's a 45 day extension for the DEP but I don't believe you'll meet the criteria for it. If you're not in the DEP, you're not a poolee.

BR34
05-28-09, 02:36 PM
So the only thing you're actually concerned with is the possibility that your status on this website might change?

NoRemorse
05-28-09, 02:40 PM
So the only thing you're actually concerned with is the possibility that your status on this website might change?

They ask that at the moment of truth now.

Mac10804
05-28-09, 05:06 PM
Yeah I do have mono, not a past infection. Do you know the criteria for the 45 day extension? My recruiters never said anything about that so i doubt i meet it.

Mac10804
05-28-09, 05:09 PM
Oh no sir. That wasnt my only concern, its just ive already talked extensively with my recruiter so I thought there was nothing else to cover aside from the website. I apologize for sounding like an idiot.

BR34
05-28-09, 06:19 PM
You don't actually have a valid question then.

Don't worry about this website. Get healthy! You said you talked to your recruiter extensively, so there's nothing that will be covered here (that has any bearing on you becoming a Marine) that he didn't already cover.