PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Enlistment Rank

Amw088
05-25-09, 07:15 PM
I am currently a GED holder enrolled in college getting the needed 15 credits in order to enlist. I have a question referring to advanced enlistment rank from having college credits.

The Marines have an advanced enlistment rank I was just reading about. This is what is says for college credits.

"Completed 12 semester hours/18 quarter hours, college level courses with a course number of 100 or greater and attained a minimum grade point average of C+ (2.3 or better on 4.0 scale). College hours do not have to be completed in the same semester or quarter." Found http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marinejoin/a/advrank.htm

So it looks like it says If I have 12 credit hours I could go in with a PFC contract. Is this correct? Am I still eligible for this since I have a GED and need the credit hours just to enlist?

I am going to ask my recruiter about this but it's going on 8:30 and don't feel this is important enough to bother his family time when it's not an emergency.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me.

BR34
05-25-09, 08:00 PM
First thing, I have to tell you...that profile picture is GHEY!

Now, you're going to get many different responses from different people about your question, but you can take it from someone (me) who has been in the exact same situation. YES, if you get the credits and your recruiter does his job you will get contract PFC. Actually, my recruiter DIDN'T do his job but luckily for me the MEPS liason did it for him.

You should be good as long as you meet the guidelines you posted above.

P.S....that profile picture is ghey!

Amw088
05-25-09, 08:06 PM
First thing, I have to tell you...that profile picture is GHEY!

Now, you're going to get many different responses from different people about your question, but you can take it from someone (me) who has been in the exact same situation. YES, if you get the credits and your recruiter does his job you will get contract PFC. Actually, my recruiter DIDN'T do his job but luckily for me the MEPS liason did it for him.

You should be good as long as you meet the guidelines you posted above.

P.S....that profile picture is ghey!

..Ok cool thanks for the insight.

BR34
05-25-09, 08:21 PM
Here's my tribute to you...

I'm gonna put it as my profile picture. Now we can start a club and be cool together!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/KamauXX/Gheygunposing001-1.jpg

...okay, that's my Memorial Day fun.

BR34
05-25-09, 08:23 PM
Here's my tribute to you. I'm going to put it as my profile picture.

Now we can start a club and be cool together!!!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/KamauXX/Gheygunposing001-2.jpg

...okay, that's it for my Memorial Day fun.

Amw088
05-25-09, 08:24 PM
lol, you deleted it already. All in good fun, hope you had a good memorial day Marine.

Edit, oh there it is.

BR34
05-25-09, 08:25 PM
lol, you deleted it already. All in good fun, hope you had a good memorial day Marine.

Edit, oh there it is.

LMAO, yea, **** was HUGE at first. Still is actually...oh well.

0231Marine
05-26-09, 07:09 AM
All kidding aside, you need to change that pic Amw. You and your sister (?) look like the poster children for inbreeds the world over.

Try taking down the Myspace pic and put something a little more practical up there.

KawiGunny
05-26-09, 07:27 AM
All kidding aside, you need to change that pic Amw. You and your sister (?) look like the poster children for inbreeds the world over.

Try taking down the Myspace pic and put something a little more practical up there.

I was thinking the same thing. Or are they in the airsoft section of Toys-R-Us?

NoRemorse
05-26-09, 07:45 AM
I like the picture, AMW. It won't take too much work to modify it and repost to fit our devious, malicious purposes.

As for contract PFC, it can be done but you'd better be damned sure it's on your shipping contract. Don't expect your recruiter to make it a priority.

BR34... where's the loading press?

BR34
05-26-09, 10:19 AM

It's in my garage! Don't tell Licoln Military Housing I've got pounds of gun powder, sitting 2 feet away from thousands of primers stashed on their property! ;)

Amw088
05-26-09, 12:09 PM

Thanks for your input.

Amw088
05-26-09, 12:11 PM
I like the picture, AMW. It won't take too much work to modify it and repost to fit our devious, malicious purposes.

As for contract PFC, it can be done but you'd better be damned sure it's on your shipping contract. Don't expect your recruiter to make it a priority.

Yea I'll talk to the recruiter about to make sure it's in my contract.

Thanks Marines.

TTX
05-26-09, 03:21 PM
And we don't need to see your dog's azz either. Feed you dog damn it!

Amw088
05-26-09, 03:46 PM
And we don't need to see your dog's azz either. Feed you dog damn it!

Lol, My dog eats as much or as little as she wants.

Any more comments referring to my pictures I believe should be handled via profile message or PM.

Thanks for the help with my question , my ghey picture , Inbred relations , and dogs eating habits.

TTX
05-26-09, 04:40 PM
Why? you are embarrass cause we talk about your pics and dog?:bunny:

Amw088
05-26-09, 04:56 PM
Lol, I'm hardly embarrassed, but I fail to see how this in any way helps with the question I asked.

If it some how helps you, by all mean continue.

BR34
05-26-09, 05:04 PM
Your sandals are also ghey.

Amw088
05-26-09, 05:14 PM
Your sandals are also ghey.

lol, man first the gun now the crocs, haha

awaiting your sandal picture.

TTX
05-26-09, 05:16 PM
Then we shall continue talking about your pics and dog.

Amw088
05-26-09, 05:23 PM
Then we shall continue talking about your pics and dog.

Sounds good SSgt

NoRemorse
05-26-09, 09:40 PM
I don't care about all that other chit... hand in his pocket says it all!

SGT7477
05-26-09, 10:18 PM
I don't care about all that other chit... hand in his pocket says it all!
No pocket pool allowed?:D

Amw088
05-26-09, 11:05 PM
No pocket pool allowed?:D
Well there goes 90% of my daily activities.

SGT7477
05-27-09, 08:31 PM
Well there goes 90% of my daily activities.
You would have more fun with a woman wouldn't you?:D

Phantom Blooper
05-27-09, 08:42 PM
I don't care if you lick windows, take the special bus or occasionally pee on yourself. Or wear funny shoes!

You hang in there sunshine, you're special!:evilgrin:

Amw088
05-27-09, 08:43 PM
I don't care if you lick windows, take the special bus or occasionally pee on yourself. Or wear funny shoes!

You hang in there sunshine, you're special!:evilgrin:
How did you know I lick windows? :D

Phantom Blooper
05-28-09, 07:10 AM

Your funny looking dog told me.........

:evilgrin:

Isrowei
05-28-09, 07:22 AM

Glad to see you're not taking the ribbing too seriously. Thick skin earns a lot of friends. Dishing back.. earns respect. Look like you can handle yourself pretty well, skinny dog and floppy footwear notwithstanding. I'm almost sad I didn't get to see your sister... then again, maybe I'm not!

Get everything in writing from your recruiter. Parris Island will only honor what is explicitly defined in your contract (MOS and PFC).

Good luck!

MARINECID
05-28-09, 10:14 AM
You are getting bad advice about Promotion. You CAN NOT get promoted to PFC from your college credits because you are using them for enlistment. You can not use your credits for twice. I am a Career Recruiter who has been on this duty for about 9 years. I have been a Meps Liaison also. The 15 credits will be used to make you a tier 1 for enlistment purposes. That is all they will be used for.

BR34
05-28-09, 11:55 AM
You are getting bad advice about Promotion. You CAN NOT get promoted to PFC from your college credits because you are using them for enlistment. You can not use your credits for twice. I am a Career Recruiter who has been on this duty for about 9 years. I have been a Meps Liaison also. The 15 credits will be used to make you a tier 1 for enlistment purposes. That is all they will be used for.

I don't know Gunny...I'm living proof that 15 credits can be used for contract PFC and Teir 1 status at the same time. Happened to me just over 2 years ago.

Amw088
05-28-09, 02:42 PM
I'm almost sad I didn't get to see your sister... then again, maybe I'm not!

Lol , I'd go with the maybe not.

She was wearing some crack head beanie pointing two guns at he face lol.

MARINECID
05-29-09, 07:28 AM
In response to BR34. I think you slid through the cracks. Noe you are gonna make me quote the manual. Page 4-39, paragraph 6 note 2 states that you CAN NOT use the same 15 credits for tier status and promotion. However, if you have another 12 credits with the GPA of 2.3 then you can get promoted. The original question posed on this thread was if he could use the same credits for both. The answer is no. And if BR34 was promoted with the same, he slid through the cracks without getting caught.

PaidinBlood
05-29-09, 07:36 AM
The answer is no. And if BR34 was promoted with the same, he slid through the cracks without getting caught.

Three cheers for good luck and bureaucratic oversight! :yes::yes::yes:

Kilo1CC
05-29-09, 12:19 PM
lol..

The advance rank stuff always gets me...

I thought getting to be a Marine was priority, i guess not nowadays..

Need to get PFC before the title, lmao..the irony..

hey Amw08882832, i KNOW the army lets you go in as SGT now for their basic.. try them.. unfortunately in the Marine Corps you got to earn alot of things, like rank..but then again...let me not get into the politics..

GO ARMY! STRONG OF ARMY OF ONE (3 slogans in one if anyone caught on btw)

BR34
05-29-09, 01:07 PM
In response to BR34. I think you slid through the cracks. Noe you are gonna make me quote the manual. Page 4-39, paragraph 6 note 2 states that you CAN NOT use the same 15 credits for tier status and promotion. However, if you have another 12 credits with the GPA of 2.3 then you can get promoted. The original question posed on this thread was if he could use the same credits for both. The answer is no. And if BR34 was promoted with the same, he slid through the cracks without getting caught.

WOW, Gunny...this is pretty shocking...I won't complain though. Is the manual that this info is in googleable? I'd like to check it out.

Amw088
05-29-09, 03:25 PM
lol..

The advance rank stuff always gets me...

I thought getting to be a Marine was priority, i guess not nowadays..

Need to get PFC before the title, lmao..the irony..

hey Amw08882832, i KNOW the army lets you go in as SGT now for their basic.. try them.. unfortunately in the Marine Corps you got to earn alot of things, like rank..but then again...let me not get into the politics..

GO ARMY! STRONG OF ARMY OF ONE (3 slogans in one if anyone caught on btw)

I don't remember ever saying I "needed it" but why not take take advantage of the option if it's available?

I still have every intent on joining with or without the PFC contract.

Amw088
05-29-09, 03:27 PM
WOW, Gunny...this is pretty shocking...I won't complain though. Is the manual that this info is in googleable? I'd like to check it out.

Lol, nice I guess the MEPS liaison didn't do his job. haha