PDA

View Full Version : Time Constraints

syphek
05-22-09, 07:27 PM
Is there some sort of fast track to boot camp? Something where I can walk into the recruiting office and leave in under a month? It has just come to my attention that my desire to join the Marines has put me on the fast track out of my house. I graduate in something like 15 days. I'm assuming I'll be given a grace period of some sort, and I have about $1500, so I can put myself up in a hotel or something for a while, but time is dwindling quite quickly.
Could I go live with my dad (in New Mexico) and sign up there? or do you have to be a resident of the state you sign up in? oh, by the way, he doesn't have a permanent address since he does contracting work and lives out of his fifth wheel so would that be a problem?
You guys are a great help,
Cole

Phantom Blooper
05-22-09, 07:46 PM
I take it that your mother is kicking you out of bread and board because she does not like the decision that you made.

You should beat feet Tuesday the 26th to the nearest recruiting office and give them the lowdown of your current situation.ALL of it!

I am not familiar with residency requirements and shipping for boot camp.

However if an MOS is available that you want..you pass the ASVAB,physical and are in good enough physical shape to pass the IST a recruiter may be able to work with you and get a date that is good to go.

As I said in the other post...respect your mothers opinion and don't fight and argue with her. She may see the light and come around to your side of the fence. If in fact she does not she is still your mother and to be respected as such.

There have been cases where young men and women went against the parent beliefs or wishes and joined up and were ostracized from the home. Keep in pleasant contact with her and show her that you want to be a man to stand on your own.

You maybe pleasantly surprised that she will come around once you graduate from boot camp and earned your Eagle,Globe and Anchor and the lifelong and into the grave title of Marine.:evilgrin:

BR34
05-22-09, 07:46 PM
Wow, you really need to call and speak to a recruiter, and let him know of these issues. No one here will be able to help you like contacting a recruiter could.

syphek
05-22-09, 07:58 PM
Will do Marines. 99 AFQT, the IST is a joke, just gotta hope they have some 03xx's open. Thanks again guys.