PDA

View Full Version : knee injury

cmdd1988
05-20-09, 08:53 PM
Back in March 2008 I had my left ACL replaced and its been over a year and I've had no problems, did outstanding in my physical therapy and was released for competition and activity with no restrictions on November 2008. About a week ago i went to another ortho surgeon to get it checked, he went through all of the tests on it...(anterior drawer...etc) and found no problems and said the knee was rock solid. i get no pain or swelling after heavy activity. will this waiver end up keeping me out of signing my contract for infantry 03xx?

GySgtRet
05-20-09, 09:02 PM
Welcome Aboard Leatherneck. Your question is very refereshing compaired to some of them.

You have covered everything very well about your ACL replacement. Do you have all of the records and all of the therapy methods used for your recovery? Do you have access to both of the orthopedic surgeons? You will need their professional assements in writing to have a waiver take place at BUMED for your waiver. Your recruiter will have to gather all of this information from you so he can get you to the MEPS for your waiver. This is not a fast process but it is consistant. IN some cases it can take up to six months, or less than a month depending on how well your records are and how prescise your accessment is from your ortho(s).

Please keep us posted as we are all interested in how things turn out. If you have some specific that you need answered judt PM me.

Gunny out
:usmc:

cmdd1988
05-20-09, 09:28 PM
Yes sir, I will have the doctor who preformed the surgery give me a copy of the arthoscopy report (showing that everything went according to plan and no problems arose). And during the 6 months of physical therapy after surgery I would go back every month and a half for a check up, every time my strength numbers were above what was needed along with range of motion. Then I will get the recent report from this last doc I saw about a week ago and his write up that shows that he evaluated my knee and there were no issues. And both of these docs aren't just any orthopaedic surgeons...their main focus are on knees. And I will get these reports to my recruiter ASAP.

GySgtRet
05-21-09, 05:20 AM
When you go to see your recruiter have a letter to whom it may concern about your injury including the cicumstances and the treatment and therapy. This way there is not question as to what is needed for the BUMED waiver.

Gunny out
:usmc: