PDA

View Full Version : question

joshbenson21
05-19-09, 05:51 PM
Im thinking of joining the marines right after highschool and i was just wondering what is it like right when you get off the bus and arrive for bootcamp

Grunt09
05-19-09, 06:28 PM
2 words "culture shock"

Rocky C
05-19-09, 06:38 PM
Im thinking of joining the marines right after highschool and i was just wondering what is it like right when you get off the bus and arrive for bootcamp

Your only 16. Think about it in a year or you can use the search box in the top right corner of this page.

TJR1070
05-19-09, 06:40 PM
They have a small welcome party and your the guest of honor!

usmcmsf
05-19-09, 06:46 PM
Get off the bus, shake hands with all the Recieving DIs, they ask you nicely to stand on the yellow footprints, take a group photo for a keepsake. Then they give you some quick thing you need to know, sometimes it's hard to hear because they don't really wanna yell at you, so raise your hand if you dont get it right away. You go inside, handpick everything you want and decide on what things you want to keep that your brought from home, but there's only so much room in footlocker so choose wisely. Then you guys get to take a nap if you want, and start training when you feel like it.

Grunt09
05-19-09, 07:02 PM
Get off the bus, shake hands with all the Recieving DIs, they ask you nicely to stand on the yellow footprints, take a group photo for a keepsake. Then they give you some quick thing you need to know, sometimes it's hard to hear because they don't really wanna yell at you, so raise your hand if you dont get it right away. You go inside, handpick everything you want and decide on what things you want to keep that your brought from home, but there's only so much room in footlocker so choose wisely. Then you guys get to take a nap if you want, and start training when you feel like it.

I'm a little buzzed but im still laughing typing this. LMAO. Thats how it goes for the "special" recruits.

usmcmsf
05-19-09, 07:43 PM
In the DIs eyes, all recruits are "special" and they just want them to feel at home and completely comfortable. Rah!

MLMonk
05-19-09, 08:09 PM

I never gotten my picture taken...

usmcmsf
05-19-09, 08:17 PM
I never gotten my picture taken...

What? You mean to tell me you were deprived of that oppurtunity at Parris Island? I cant believe your DIs didn't do that for you:evilgrin:

JWDevilDog
05-19-09, 08:19 PM
They handed us ice cream when we got finished with our nap. We then watched movies and bullsh*tted with the DIs.

usmcmsf
05-19-09, 08:40 PM
They handed us ice cream when we got finished with our nap. We then watched movies and bullsh*tted with the DIs.

I remember the ice cream, they brought it in from Cold Stone, but they wouldn't let us have the "gotta have it" size, I was like "come on guys".

Sgt Jim
05-19-09, 08:40 PM
Our Drill Instructor would tuck us in at night and sing us to sleep

usmcmsf
05-19-09, 08:42 PM
Our Drill Instructor would tuck us in at night and sing us to sleep

Yeah,but that was back in the "Old Corps" tho, they still do that only they read now.

PaidinBlood
05-19-09, 08:43 PM

How did you really think that would turn out, pal? Are you really that simple or did you just want to see what these Marines could come up with?

usmcmsf
05-19-09, 08:59 PM
He's getting valuable information here. Now he knows what it's like to get off that bus.

JWDevilDog
05-19-09, 09:12 PM

I didn't know aquatic life had a boot camp. Good luck on becoming a fish.

MLMonk
05-19-09, 09:29 PM
I didn't know aquatic life had a boot camp. Good luck on becoming a fish.

Heard School of Fresh Water and Salty Ocean Training don't mix well together.

JWDevilDog
05-19-09, 10:07 PM
Heard School of Fresh Water and Salty Ocean Training don't mix well together.

I've heard that too. Apparently the success rate in Salty Ocean Training is very low for those who graduated from the School of Fresh Water. They just can't hack it, for some reason.

Wyoming
05-19-09, 11:07 PM
Dip****!!

Marine84
05-20-09, 07:52 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

NoRemorse
05-20-09, 07:57 AM
He's getting valuable information here. Now he knows what it's like to get off that bus.

They got a short bus to the island now?

Anybody know what flavor the windows are?

joshbenson21
05-20-09, 08:12 AM
wow thanks for the greath advice it really helped

silverdollar
05-20-09, 08:14 AM
Stay on the bus, hide under the seat.

PaidinBlood
05-20-09, 08:15 AM
Being an obvious IQ waiver, the closest you'll ever get to the yellow footprints is being the bus driver...

NoRemorse
05-20-09, 08:16 AM
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f265/choodlesgrandma/window.jpg

Rocky C
05-20-09, 08:17 AM
wow thanks for the greath advice it really helped

What are you doing on this thread at 9:16 am???
How come you are not in school wannabee, learning your ABC's ???

Phantom Blooper
05-20-09, 10:00 AM
What are you doing on this thread at 9:16 am???

Mountain Time!

joshbenson21,

Do yourself a favor....DO A SEARCH and READ the 1000000000000000+ posts in the Poolee Forum and Ask A Marine.

This subject has been broached many times before.

That being said.....what it's like for one wannabe is not what it/may or may not be for you.

If you have the intestinal fortitude and groin muscles to be a United States Marine.

Do a SEARCH and DON'T ask any more dumb/stupid questions!:evilgrin:

usmcmsf
05-20-09, 01:55 PM
They got a short bus to the island now?

Anybody know what flavor the windows are?

I heard the flavor is red?:usmc:

BR34
05-20-09, 05:29 PM
Stay on the bus, hide under the seat.

I wonder what would happen if someone actually did that. Do the D.I.s go through and check before the driver leaves? Hmm...I wonder....