PDA

View Full Version : Need help before Shipout

petejones
05-19-09, 03:23 PM
Alright guys you have probably heard this question a lot, but I was getting shipped out Oct. 26th. I got a call from my recruiter yesterday saying I could get shipped out today but I could not do the pull-ups. I was told by Master Gunnery Sgt. Dorian that I could get shipped out this coming Monday if I can do the pull-ups.
I really wanna get shipped out early, so if anyone can tell me some exercises or something to get me my pull-ups! I have no access to a gym, and I just moved in with my Aunt so I have no weights or anything like that. Please help me so I can be a Recruit, and finally be able to achieve my goal of becoming a Marine!

BR34
05-19-09, 03:32 PM
Okay, first of all, you need to fill out your profile. Second, do a search. Poolees have MANY threads in the poolee hall about pullups. They get really in depth and technical in some of the discussions.

Rocky C
05-19-09, 03:32 PM
Are you Serious???
How long have you been in the DEP???
Did you ever work out with your Recruiter???
Did you ever think to work out at all???

Unbelievable!!!

petejones
05-19-09, 03:35 PM
Thanks BR34, I'll search for it, and fill out my profile
RhodeIsland, I have been in DEP for 1 week. I've worked out with my recruiter but not enough

petejones
05-19-09, 05:15 PM
I searched and found nothing.
Will push ups help?
Should I find something to curl?

Grunt09
05-19-09, 05:27 PM
I just wanna know how you cant do 1 pullup and want to be a Marine. I'm up to 21 now. Depends which way you do them. If you go palm facing you, working most of your biceps method then I would work on some curls. You dont have weights, make weights. Take a gallon of milk and arm curl it tell you cant do it anymore, repeat the process. The day before you take your pullup test. Do not do any arm curls/pullups. Let yourself recover. Up to that day though keep doing arm curls and other things to work your biceps.

petejones
05-19-09, 07:18 PM
Thank you very much Grunt09