PDA

View Full Version : Confusion about Artilley/Forward Observer

Barr
05-16-09, 02:33 AM
Hey guys, I have a few questions about a bit of confusion that my recruiters and myself have about artillery school and forward observer.

First and foremost, I want to be a forward observer. I told my recruiter this and he and the rest of the recruiters at the station were a bit confused about this. I was told I just get an artillery job and when I get to artillery school, I tell them I want to be an FO.

My recruiters put me on ground option B6 and told me that when the time comes, to put all my top choices as artillery related, and like I said earlier, tell them at artillery school I want to be an FO. I was wondering if I want to be an FO, do I do what they told me or do I have to go in as 0861- Fire Support. I really don't feel secure with the idea of being on ground option, I'd much rather know exactly what I'm going to be doing.

Thanks for your help!

BR34
05-16-09, 06:48 AM
Simple answer is, if you don't get 0861 in your contract you could be doing ANYTHING listed under B6.

rvillac2
05-16-09, 10:31 AM
...and you can't get 0861 gauranteed in your contract unless you're reserve.

You have a better chance going in as 08xx, but still have a very low probability of getting 0861. You'll need to have high scores, pft, and eligible for a security clearance. We've posted about this a lot already.