PDA

View Full Version : Problem?

Mac10804
05-15-09, 08:02 PM
I leave for boot camp in 38 days so ive really been pushing to get myself in the best shape I can. Well a few days ago after running my right knee started really aching and hasnt really gotten better. Does anybody else get a similar pain? I stopped running hoping it would heal quicker but 5 days have gone by and I still have the dull pain. I know im not suppose to ask medical questions on these forums but its not bad enough to go to a doctor and I dont know who to ask.

Phantom Blooper
05-15-09, 08:17 PM
Rest and avoid activities that aggravate the pain, especially weight bearing activities.

Apply ice. First, apply it every hour for up to 15 minutes. After the first day, apply it at least 4 times per day.

Keep your knee elevated as much as possible to bring any swelling down.

Gently compress the knee by wearing an ace bandage or elastic sleeve. Either can be purchased at most pharmacies. This may reduce swelling and provide support.

Take acetaminophen for pain or ibuprofen for pain and swelling.

Sleep with a pillow underneath or between your knees.

If this doesn't help go see a doctor!:evilgrin:

SGT7477
05-15-09, 09:00 PM
I leave for boot camp in 38 days so ive really been pushing to get myself in the best shape I can. Well a few days ago after running my right knee started really aching and hasnt really gotten better. Does anybody else get a similar pain? I stopped running hoping it would heal quicker but 5 days have gone by and I still have the dull pain. I know im not suppose to ask medical questions on these forums but its not bad enough to go to a doctor and I dont know who to ask.
Why do you say it's not bad enough to see a Doc, with pain you have to know there is something wrong, NEXT?:evilgrin:

Wyoming
05-15-09, 10:02 PM
Rest and avoid activities that aggravate the pain, especially weight bearing activities.

Apply ice. First, apply it every hour for up to 15 minutes. After the first day, apply it at least 4 times per day.

Keep your knee elevated as much as possible to bring any swelling down.

Gently compress the knee by wearing an ace bandage or elastic sleeve. Either can be purchased at most pharmacies. This may reduce swelling and provide support.

Take acetaminophen for pain or ibuprofen for pain and swelling.

Sleep with a pillow underneath or between your knees.

If this doesn't help go see a doctor!:evilgrin:

:thumbup:

Wyoming
05-15-09, 10:04 PM
Why do you say it's not bad enough to see a Doc, with pain you have to know there is something wrong, NEXT?:evilgrin:

:thumbup:

JordanB
05-17-09, 08:11 PM
you dont legally have to go to bootcamp till the secound time you swear in at meps, if you arnt ready dont go yet.