PDA

View Full Version : Help talking to parents..

ShortBean19
05-14-09, 03:31 PM
Hi again, I wanted to know if anyone would be able to give me some advice on talking to my parents about my decision on joining. As I had mentioned on the first thread that I had posted my parents are the strict traditional Mexican parents, so any advice would help to get them to ease about me joining. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.
:usmc:

Rocky C
05-14-09, 06:10 PM
Please read the thread on this page,
"How did YOU tell your parents".
Same question, Great answers!!!
and by the way it's "Enlisting" not joining....

ShortBean19
05-14-09, 09:28 PM
Please read the thread on this page,
"How did YOU tell your parents".
Same question, Great answers!!!
and by the way it's "Enlisting" not joining....

Thanks for the help and correction, its taken in the right way.

PaidinBlood
05-14-09, 09:31 PM
I'll humor you-what's the problem?

ShortBean19
05-14-09, 10:38 PM
I'll humor you-what's the problem?

My parents think I'm crazy,lol their VERY protective of their daughter, I'm the middle child and going to college, so they think that I want to enlist because i know a Marine, which is NOT the case.

PaidinBlood
05-14-09, 10:42 PM
ok. We don't know you or your family so nobody will be able to help you. All I can say is you are 19. While it would be ideal to have their blessing either this does or not matter enough to you. Either you do or don't have an idea what you are doing with your life. Every 19 y/o is out ruining their life (I was there not too long ago) at least this is a safe, constructive way to find yourself. If you have to, sell them education, benefits, job security, job skills,education, benefits, job security, job skills,education, benefits, job security, job skills,education, benefits, job security, job skills, etc. get it?

ShortBean19
05-14-09, 10:47 PM
ok. We don't know you or your family so nobody will be able to help you. All I can say is you are 19. While it would be ideal to have their blessing either this does or not matter enough to you. Either you do or don't have an idea what you are doing with your life. Every 19 y/o is out ruining their life (I was there not too long ago) at least this is a safe, constructive way to find yourself. If you have to, sell them education, benefits, job security, job skills,education, benefits, job security, job skills,education, benefits, job security, job skills,education, benefits, job security, job skills, etc. get it?

I get it, I'll try that, thank you so much for the input :D