PDA

View Full Version : Recruiters Assistance??

chadhertz
05-11-09, 11:08 PM
I'm just wondering if you have a infantry contract if you could get recruiters assistance directly after boot camp. I've heard of Marines getting it because SOI was backed up but I'm wondering if I could request it or something of the sort.

JoeInVille
05-12-09, 01:56 AM
1st...are you even in DEP yet...2nd, get through DEP without choking...3rd, go to boot camp and graduate...4th, its always a big question at the end of boot and rumors come up and stuff but you cant request it unless your a pog I believe.

chadhertz
05-12-09, 07:51 PM
No PFC I should be in DEP next month. Your right I should be focusing on getting through boot. But you answered my question. Thank you.

StoneTheWeak
05-15-09, 02:31 PM
It's all about how lazy your recruiter is. If they do the paper work you can get it, otherwise forget it. Just remind them before you leave and give them a call soon as you get home. I found out on recruit liberty I got RA when I called him. But don't let them con you into coming in during your 10 days of boot leave and saying you have to. You are on LEAVE, and unless you get RA, they have no say over what you do during that time since you aren't in their command. Yes, they out rank you and all that jazz, but they can't make you work. I hear too many stories of people coming here saying their recruiter promised them RA and had them come in during their 10 days of leave, only to get ****ed over cause they didn't put in the paper work. On that note I'm going to start a new thread.

chadhertz
05-15-09, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the info PFC. So, is it true that if your infantry you can't request it?

Grunt09
05-16-09, 12:32 PM
I'm just wondering if you have a infantry contract if you could get recruiters assistance directly after boot camp. I've heard of Marines getting it because SOI was backed up but I'm wondering if I could request it or something of the sort.
I didnt ask for recruiters assistance and had to take two weeks of it because SOI being backed up. So yes, your chances of just getting it are pretty good if your infantry. I wouldnt bother requesting it. But, please don't pick infantry just because you want recruiters assistance. Infantry is not for everyone.

chadhertz
05-16-09, 02:00 PM
I didnt ask for recruiters assistance and had to take two weeks of it because SOI being backed up. So yes, your chances of just getting it are pretty good if your infantry. I wouldnt bother requesting it. But, please don't pick infantry just because you want recruiters assistance. Infantry is not for everyone.

I am in no way picking infantry for recruiters assistance. It seems like it is harder to get if your infantry anyways. If I can't no big deal.

Grunt09
05-16-09, 02:57 PM
Ok good. No I think for right now its actually easier to end up getting recruiters assistance with being infantry. Everyone who was in our graduating class had 2 weeks of recruiting assistance that was in the infantry field.

chadhertz
05-16-09, 10:29 PM
Well I won't be shipping until sometime in February. It will most likely be a different story then, right?