PDA

View Full Version : Housing

AlanJames
05-07-09, 10:33 PM
I know i'm probably getting ahead of myself, but i've got questions on housing.

I think im going to be Infantry, probably rifleman, machine gunner, or assaultman. Im not marreied or anything, and dont plan on getting married. Where or how will i be living when im not overseas kililng the evil? Can i live offbase or not?

DIBLO7
05-07-09, 11:03 PM
In the barracks, no you cannot live off base. Oh, and go read a book on how to write proper sentences, pay special attention to the spelling, also the word "I" in regards to capitalization.

AlanJames
05-07-09, 11:05 PM
lol shweet

0231Marine
05-08-09, 07:03 AM
Overseas killing the evil? Shweet?

WTF is your probably Alan? How about, "Thank you Sgt for the response."

You need to correct yourself before you get booted for disrespect.

AlanJames
05-08-09, 08:53 AM
Aye Aye SIR!

Quinbo
05-08-09, 09:12 AM
You'll live in a quanset hut with a sand floor and no electricity. You'll take showers standing on a pallet under a listerbag of cold water. Everything you own will be jammed into a seabag and padlocked to your rack. If it's hot out you open the door and if its cold out you close the door.

Serious note. Most stateside bases you will be able to live out in town but it will be at your own expense without any supplemental income. If you do that you will have to be standing on deck at revellie and you will maintain a rack and wall locker in the barracks. Just not worth it.

Wyoming
05-08-09, 09:35 AM
With all due respect there AlanJames, methinks you should check your attitude at the door. You ain't even a poolee, just a wannabee with a runny mouth. When 84 sees this, you and her both from Atlanta, she gonna spank you.

AlanJames
05-08-09, 10:50 AM
Aye Aye Sir!

Marine84
05-08-09, 12:24 PM
Another one? DAYAM!

Supersquishy
05-08-09, 01:04 PM
I have seen Marines in the Fleet go against orders and pool up money to get an apartment out in town, so they can do what ever they wanted without having to live in the barracks, it was nice for me because then I had my barracks room to my self! Those Idiots spent money on rent while they could have saved it and lived rent free in the barracks..LOL
p.s. can you say run on sentences?...LOL

thewookie
05-08-09, 01:51 PM
I have seen Marines in the Fleet go against orders and pool up money to get an apartment out in town, so they can do what ever they wanted without having to live in the barracks, it was nice for me because then I had my barracks room to my self! Those Idiots spent money on rent while they could have saved it and lived rent free in the barracks..LOL
p.s. can you say run on sentences?...LOL

When I was in, non-brown-baggers who didn't have command authorization to live off base were still required to maintain a room, and field day the room/common areas when the rest of the barracks had field day. These idiots would spend mucho dollars to live out in town and in the process give up free room and board, and usually they didn't eat in the chow hall either, so they gave up free chow.

Stupid; get a girl off base who has her own pad if you want to live off base, but don't pay for it.

Supersquishy
05-08-09, 02:09 PM
When I was in, non-brown-baggers who didn't have command authorization to live off base were still required to maintain a room, and field day the room/common areas when the rest of the barracks had field day. These idiots would spend mucho dollars to live out in town and in the process give up free room and board, and usually they didn't eat in the chow hall either, so they gave up free chow.

HAHA. All so they could act like "Civilians" Those Sh!!t backs would even push the regulation haircut to the max, Just so they could fit in at the clubs, majority of those nasties got poped on the pee tests....