PDA

View Full Version : Duties of 0352 these days...

Taseal
05-07-09, 01:52 PM
Hello,

I'm thinking about joining, but the only grunt MOS I can find in my area is 0352... I really wanted to do 0311, but the recruiter told me that my only options were Comms (don't know MOS) or TOW Gunner (0352)...

I guess as long as it's 03xx I should be happy, but I also want to get deployed, I don't know what a TOW gunner would do in iraq since there is no armor or anything to shoot at? would we be assigned as infantry/turret on the HUMVEEs or what?

so What i'm asking here is, if you are 0352, or know a 0352, what are their duties in Iraq?

thanks!

Rocky C
05-07-09, 03:13 PM
Woweeeeeee!!!

jbf101
05-07-09, 06:17 PM
I'm an 0352!

As far as Iraq there is almost nothing for anyone to do.

In Afghanistan however, there are caves and misc bunkers that have been destroyed with TOWS. Even reports of single people getting destroyed.

There is no guaranteed way of getting 0352 as an MOS unless you are reservist btw.

PaidinBlood
05-07-09, 06:48 PM
Hello,

I'm thinking about joining, but the only grunt MOS I can find in my area is 0352... I really wanted to do 0311, but the recruiter told me that my only options were Comms (don't know MOS) or TOW Gunner (0352)...

I guess as long as it's 03xx I should be happy, but I also want to get deployed, I don't know what a TOW gunner would do in iraq since there is no armor or anything to shoot at? would we be assigned as infantry/turret on the HUMVEEs or what?

so What i'm asking here is, if you are 0352, or know a 0352, what are their duties in Iraq?

thanks!

First-relax... You will be another guy in the W co. of an Infantry Battalion. You will be schooled up on TOW and whatnot, but in the end you will be a grunt. IF the mission calls for the TOW you'll be the one to pop it off. When it doesn't you'll be a driver, dismount, gunner, or whatever else your T/O or SOPs call for. Many W Co.s are mobile, but be ready for both. You'll have fun-go do it. :thumbup:

(ps-you can always nut up and go active, but that's just me...:D)

Taseal
05-07-09, 08:02 PM
First-relax... You will be another guy in the W co. of an Infantry Battalion. You will be schooled up on TOW and whatnot, but in the end you will be a grunt. IF the mission calls for the TOW you'll be the one to pop it off. When it doesn't you'll be a driver, dismount, gunner, or whatever else your T/O or SOPs call for. Many W Co.s are mobile, but be ready for both. You'll have fun-go do it. :thumbup:

(ps-you can always nut up and go active, but that's just me...:D)

I actually wouldn't mind active, but I can't relocate (wife/house etc etc) so that's why I can do reserves....

that being said, that sounds good to me!!! :) a grunt is what I wanna be lol

Phantom Blooper
05-07-09, 08:25 PM
Duties of 0352 these days...

First and foremost for an 0352 hopeful with the high caliber and standards that you are showing.....you should read the site rules and

FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!:evilgrin:

JWDevilDog
05-08-09, 03:39 AM
First and foremost for an 0352 hopeful with the high caliber and standards that you are showing.....you should read the site rules and

FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!:evilgrin:

"AYE, STAFF SERGEANT!"

Or some sh*t...

PaidinBlood
05-08-09, 07:54 AM
"AYE, STAFF SERGEANT!"

Or some sh*t...

wow...I think you got a lil on your chin there...:D

JWDevilDog
05-08-09, 08:00 AM
Hahahah, sorry I was just really bored at the time... And tired... *ugh* I need to go to sleep....

Namster
05-12-09, 07:38 AM
One of my MOS was 0352. TOW gunner is only one of many things I did. Cross trained w/ rest of Weapons company.