PDA

View Full Version : switching jobs

xcountrykid
05-07-09, 12:09 AM
once you are in the fleet.how hard or easy is it to switch jobs? is this common? can i do it earlier than getting in to the fleet?

any help would be great thanks.

JWDevilDog
05-07-09, 02:10 AM
You need to worry more about earning the Title before you worry about switching jobs in the Fleet.

If you really don't like your current contract that much, I suggest asking your recruiter to push back your ship date until October, so that you can try for an MOS you like more at the beginning of the new fiscal year.

Or you could just suck it up and make the best out of what you've got. Trust me, it's possible. I'm doing it. I am in am MOS that was not near the top of my list, but I am making the most of it, and I love being a Marine.

What is more important to you, earning the Title sooner with an MOS you might not like, or possibly never earning the Title (because something might come up along down the road that might prevent you from shipping - you never know)?

BR34
05-07-09, 05:19 AM
Just tell your recruiter you want a different MOS. I think I switched 3 times while in DEP. Get what you want now, because the Marine Corps will get theirs.