PDA

View Full Version : Access to pay while in boot

stevemorales816
05-04-09, 07:12 PM
Will my wife have access to my pay while in boot? My recruiter told me I "should " be allowed time to transfer money from my Marine account to my primary account. Now is that up to the DI and his mood? I need to know for sure because 13 weeks is a long time for my family to go with out money.

JoeInVille
05-05-09, 03:27 AM
You will be given fsnb...garbage. Switch to navy fed during Marine week and then once you are home on leave, write a check from the other account and mail the check to Navy fed. At least this is what I did...but you wont have time throughout most of boot to deal with pay to be honest...Your wife most likely will have access, they do help out married recruits but for general single population they dont care too much.

stevemorales816
05-05-09, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the advice. My main concern is getting money to my wife so she can pay the bills and survive.

stevemorales816
05-05-09, 07:15 AM
How much is deducted from pay for hygene products and what ever else is needed during boot camp?

NoRemorse
05-05-09, 09:05 AM
There are threads regarding this so perform a search. Since I'm feeling generous here's some scoop. It depends entirely on your drill instructors and the need of the platoon. You may require more or fewer hygiene supplies. I don't know what the going rate is but I'd assume you'd be spending a bare minimum of $300... and that should just be your initial trip to the PX.

You get set up with FSNB. I believe there's an option to set up direct deposit for your regular bank instead or have them split your direct deposit and send a portion of it to another bank.

Now search the forums!

stevemorales816
05-05-09, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the info Marine.

Chumley
05-05-09, 09:53 AM
Make sure that you take with you the routing number of the bank that you want $$ transferred into. Bring a void check with you, and the bank will know how to get the transfer done to your current bank / account. Be sure to follow NoRemorse's advice and search this site additionally.

Also, address these questions ahead of time with your Recruiter and be sure your plan is set. You may get some time in Boot to address this, but the DI's will not give you very much time if so, so you'll need to be ready in advance to get done correctly in the tiny amount of alloted time.
C