PDA

View Full Version : Counter Intelligence

KilpatrickF250
04-28-09, 02:58 PM
Excuse my question as I can gaurantee it has been asked before, I have tried the search function, but the schools firewall (doing an extra class to pad my GPA, done with all of the work) won't allow me to see the CAPTCHA.

My Recruiter told me that when I'm in Intelligence school that at anytime I could request to go Counter Intelligence, and that because they are so stressed for them right now, I would be switched to counter intelligence. FYI I am an 18 year old that should be coming out of boot as a PFC. Not only did it not sound right, he told me his buddy up in Lejune told him that, a Marine not even in the intelligence feild. Apparently the rules for counter intel have changed. My Dad has had some of his guys who know some Marines asking around about it, and no one can find anything to support this claim. I'm not calling my Recruiter a liar, its just that there is no evidence ANYWHERE to support this. I went into the office to talk about it but he was swapping out his Gov. car. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could shed some light onto the topic. :D

rvillac2
04-28-09, 03:21 PM
New assignment: What's the definition of scuttlebut?

KilpatrickF250
04-28-09, 03:28 PM
gossip or rumor

Rocky C
04-28-09, 03:31 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
It was a retoricle question Poolee....

KilpatrickF250
04-28-09, 03:37 PM
I've been all everywhere short of the SGTMAJ's front door trying to find the right info and job for me... I'm trying to find my niche.

Range Coach
04-28-09, 05:18 PM
... I'm trying to find my niche.

The Marine Corps will find it for you.

0231Marine
04-29-09, 06:59 AM
Excuse my question as I can gaurantee it has been asked before, I have tried the search function, but the schools firewall (doing an extra class to pad my GPA, done with all of the work) won't allow me to see the CAPTCHA.

My Recruiter told me that when I'm in Intelligence school that at anytime I could request to go Counter Intelligence, and that because they are so stressed for them right now, I would be switched to counter intelligence. FYI I am an 18 year old that should be coming out of boot as a PFC. Not only did it not sound right, he told me his buddy up in Lejune told him that, a Marine not even in the intelligence feild. Apparently the rules for counter intel have changed. My Dad has had some of his guys who know some Marines asking around about it, and no one can find anything to support this claim. I'm not calling my Recruiter a liar, its just that there is no evidence ANYWHERE to support this. I went into the office to talk about it but he was swapping out his Gov. car. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could shed some light onto the topic. :D

You may not be calling your recruiter a liar, but I will. I don't know who this buddy of his is, but he's telling your recruiter some bad info and then he's lying to you.

The rules for lat-moving into counter intel have not changed. It's not an MOS that they're going to allow some 18 year old kid to join just because they're hurting for Marines. There is a great deal of responsibility, mental acuity and toughness that is required for that MOS. Now I'm not saying that there aren't any 18 year olds that could pass the course but I do believe that a Marine in that MOS needs to spend some time in the fleet to learn how the Marine Corps works and a little about life outside of high school first.

Bottom line...you can't enter into that MOS until you're a Corporal and you are eligible to re-enlist. Even then, you still have to pass the board, take several tests to display your problem solving and writing comprehension and then pass the school which is no cake walk. I've seen many intelligent Marines who have failed the course because they can't learn the interrogation techniques or who suck at writing. Regardless, you're not going to be an 0211 until you do some time in another MOS.

KilpatrickF250
04-29-09, 02:30 PM
You may not be calling your recruiter a liar, but I will. I don't know who this buddy of his is, but he's telling your recruiter some bad info and then he's lying to you.

The rules for lat-moving into counter intel have not changed. It's not an MOS that they're going to allow some 18 year old kid to join just because they're hurting for Marines. There is a great deal of responsibility, mental acuity and toughness that is required for that MOS. Now I'm not saying that there aren't any 18 year olds that could pass the course but I do believe that a Marine in that MOS needs to spend some time in the fleet to learn how the Marine Corps works and a little about life outside of high school first.

Bottom line...you can't enter into that MOS until you're a Corporal and you are eligible to re-enlist. Even then, you still have to pass the board, take several tests to display your problem solving and writing comprehension and then pass the school which is no cake walk. I've seen many intelligent Marines who have failed the course because they can't learn the interrogation techniques or who suck at writing. Regardless, you're not going to be an 0211 until you do some time in another MOS.

Thank you, that was exactly what I thought and what I wanted confirmed. I'm currently looking at UAV mos's. Thank you Marines!