PDA

View Full Version : Medical DQ Waiver

WannaSearch
04-23-09, 10:06 PM
Ok so I have Psoriasis (mild), and I've seen the rule for it (which mine is mild, and wouldn't have any uniform issue, and no nail pitting)

q. Psoriasis (696.1), unless mild by degree, not involving nail pitting, and not interfering with wearing military equipment or clothing.

And I was still Dq'd at MEPS, matter of fact the doctor didn't even look at it good, they disqualified me before I could even go to MEPS (I submitted my medical info before hand). So now I'm doing a waiver that's gonna be sent to BuMed.

The recruited was very optimistic about the waiver, and he made it seems like everything would be good to go. But I need to know, what are the chances that BuMed will allow me to proceed? I really want to be in the Marines, like if this doesn't go through I don't know what I'd do with my life. But thats the story of my life, once everything seems to be good, everything fails.

I mean my psoriasis isn't bad, it's just red. I don't get random flare ups, I don't itch, I've never got an infection from, I am very physical, I'm flexiable. I mean any good reason I could think of doesn't pertain to me. Since I've gotten psoriasis it's been exactly the same. The same 4 patches (knees and elbows). It's never spread outside there. It's never gotten worse.

rvillac2
04-24-09, 01:57 AM
We can't answer this question.

WannaSearch
04-24-09, 11:42 AM
I guess the real question is do you know anyone that has enlisted that had to get a waiver for anything. And do you have any friends that couldn't enlist because they had a waiver denied.

MARINECID
04-24-09, 12:37 PM
As a Career Recruiter, I have ran this waiver several times in the last 9 years. The most recent was a few months ago. This applicant went through the physical in October and was DQ, we then sent the BuMed and he was denied. He then went to the doctor and was treated with cream and whatever else. The doctor gave a letter stating that he was good, resent BuMed and was approved. He enlisted in March and ships in October.

WannaSearch
04-24-09, 12:49 PM
thanks Gunnery Sergeant, did he submit his medical info before hand? And did MEPS support the waiver?

I guess I need to be patient and wait for BUMED. I'm so nervous.

WannaSearch
07-03-09, 09:45 AM
it's official, they declined my waiver. Very Bummed out about it, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. But thats my life, nothing works out how I want it to so I just try and make do.

thanks for the help guys.