PDA

View Full Version : Question about 02 feild

KilpatrickF250
04-15-09, 09:01 PM
Good evening Marines,

After searching the website, I found a thread with an 02 Marine saying that you should not expect to spend time in the field. I'd just like to have another Marine confirm that. If its true, then I don't think the 02 field is for me. Not questioning the Marine that took time out of his life to post for us Poolee's. Thanks guys!!

0231Marine
04-16-09, 07:22 AM
Good evening Marines,

After searching the website, I found a thread with an 02 Marine saying that you should not expect to spend time in the field. I'd just like to have another Marine confirm that. If its true, then I don't think the 02 field is for me. Not questioning the Marine that took time out of his life to post for us Poolee's. Thanks guys!!

Really because it sounds a lot like that. Do you think I spent the time typing that just so I could lie to you?

NoRemorse
04-16-09, 08:12 AM
...I'd just like to have another Marine confirm that...

Sure, not a problem. 0231 is an outstanding Marine and his posts are spot on.

He also took the time out to lay it out for you poolees in a concise, detailed way.

Now for your errant transgressions, report to a recruiter and haze yourself in his presence until he breaks a sweat.

KilpatrickF250
04-16-09, 02:57 PM
Really because it sounds a lot like that. Do you think I spent the time typing that just so I could lie to you?

No, Sir. I appoligize for questioning you, its just that I don't want to gamble the next four years of my life away. No offense was intended. My recruiter is getting the number of the 02 Marine that I talked to before he went back to the fleet. I especially don't want to take the spot of someone who no doubt wants the spot, when I'm second guessing whether I will excell in a particular job. I have been researching the 02 and 26 field for a couple months now and your post conflicts with everything else I have heard. I greatly appreciate your post, in that I realized maybe the 02 is not right for me. My post was not intended to anger you, I just need clarification. I searched the sight again and have been at my recruiters office four of the last four days trying to get my facts straight. Thank you for your detailed post, it was very helpful to myself and others at my recruiting station.

KilpatrickF250
04-16-09, 03:03 PM
site*

0231Marine
04-17-09, 06:52 AM
It didn't anger me...it takes a lot more than that to **** me off. What other resources were you researching that gave you conflicting information?

What's the name of the 02 Marine you spoke with previously? It's a pretty small community and I know just about everyone. You can PM me with the name if you'd like.

KilpatrickF250
04-17-09, 01:06 PM
pm sent