PDA

View Full Version : Chances for MOS preference.

smtfs2113
04-15-09, 03:41 PM
I am a sophomore in high school. I plan on Attending Georgia Tech majoring in mechanical engineering on an NROTC Marine Option scholarship (if I don't get the scholarship I will still do the program). I plan on requesting Infantry Officer (302), tank officer (1802), or a Combat Engineer (1302) in that order upon graduation from TBS. I've been shooting my entire life. What do you think my chances of getting one of those is? Do you think they will automatically stick me in combat engineering if they see my major? I am praying that I don't get stuck with some garbage MOS working at some base in the U.S as food operator or suplly planner or some other trash.

Marine84
04-15-09, 05:41 PM
OK, I'll bite.

First, you need to read the "sticky" threads when you enter these halls and FILL OUT THAT PROFILE! Twenty some odd people have looked at this so far and nobody has talked to you because your profile isn't filled out.

smtfs2113
04-15-09, 05:55 PM
OK I have filled out my profile, thank you for the heads up. Sorry for not reading the stickies.

UsmcMotorT
04-15-09, 07:00 PM
Th needs of the Marine Corps and your class ranking at OCS will be a big factor.

smtfs2113
04-15-09, 09:39 PM
MotorT- OCS? I could have sworn that I was told that Marine Options straight out of college went right to TBS, and then to their MOS training.

rvillac2
04-16-09, 12:55 AM
MotorT- OCS? I could have sworn that I was told that Marine Options straight out of college went right to TBS, and then to their MOS training.

Yes, you are right. ROTC is a commissioning route and if you complete it, you will be commissioned upon graduation. Your MOS will be depend alot on your performance and class ranking in TBS. Your college major will not dictate which MOS you get.

smtfs2113
04-18-09, 02:28 PM
MotorT.. you were right. The packet I just received said that during the summer in my 3rd year I will go to OCS for 6 weeks. Sorry for questioning you.

smtfs2113
07-04-09, 11:24 PM
Is there a way someone can delete this thread?

Sergeant M
07-13-09, 01:31 AM
Talk to a mod.

scifguard
07-13-09, 01:46 AM
Yes, you are right. ROTC is a commissioning route and if you complete it, you will be commissioned upon graduation. Your MOS will be depend alot on your performance and class ranking in TBS. Your college major will not dictate which MOS you get.

I don't believe that is correct Sgt. From what I understand the only college program where you get commissioned upon graduation is the Naval Academy. All others you still need to go through OCS.