PDA

View Full Version : Radio Recon Team?

Equipped Possum
04-13-09, 11:46 AM
So i am in the DEP without an MOS.. :\
I was going to be a cryptologic linguist but my recruiter says all the slots are closed for the fiscal year and i have to wait till October for them to open up again.
No big deal, i can wait. However, lately i have been considering switching MOS's cause the more I hear about crypto linguist type stuff, the more it sounds like a desk job which is NOT what I'm trying to get myself into.
I talked to my recruiter said that if i feel like i need to do some door kicking i can stick with my MOS and try out for a Radio Recon Team.
I have no idea what that is or if i even qualify and my recruiter seemed to know about as much as i did.

qualifications:
ASVAB - 93
DLAB - 119
Physical fitness is NOT an issue (im looking for a way to get the baddest DI when i get to boot just for the challenge)

thewookie
04-13-09, 11:55 AM
(im looking for a way to get the baddest DI when i get to boot just for the challenge)

Be sure to mention that when you get to boot camp, I'm sure they can accommodate you.

The last thing you should ask for at boot camp is attention - with out asking for it they'll give you more attention then you can possibly dream of.

Equipped Possum
04-13-09, 01:20 PM
The last thing you should ask for at boot camp is attention - with out asking for it they'll give you more attention then you can possibly dream of.

k, so maybe im being a little stupid, but im just saying if i wanted to sit behind a desk i would join the "chair force" like all my friends

thewookie
04-13-09, 01:52 PM
k, so maybe im being a little stupid, but im just saying if i wanted to sit behind a desk i would join the "chair force" like all my friends

On a scale from one to ten, one being a cute smile - ten being a beat down like you have never imagined - asking for the baddest DI when you get to boot camp is a strong nine, maybe a ten.

Actually, then ten goes to the idiot who shows up to boot camp with a USMC tattoo, asking for the baddest DI.

Asking for a beating, or asking to be in an MOS that won't put you behind a desk are two different things.

Don't go to boot camp asking for a beating. It will ruin your trip.....

Equipped Possum
04-13-09, 02:05 PM
i didn't mean to sound arrogant and im defiantly not looking for a beat down, but i am looking for a major challenge and an opportunity to do something extraordinary.

thewookie
04-13-09, 03:05 PM
i didn't mean to sound arrogant and im defiantly not looking for a beat down, but i am looking for a major challenge and an opportunity to do something extraordinary.

Well, you're a smart man, good luck, just be careful for what you wish for.

1stRad2671
04-13-09, 07:23 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60230&highlight=radio+recon

Petz
04-13-09, 07:30 PM
you can lead a fish to water 1stRad, but you can't make him drink.

why do so many give them the search on a link like that... link them to the page on how to do a search....

Equipped Possum
04-14-09, 11:57 AM
question very much answered. thanks Marines