PDA

View Full Version : Just graduated!

Eidal
04-11-09, 09:46 AM
Hi there. Thanks to all those who wrote me while in boot camp. I'm going to write up an extensive trip report over the next few days but figured I'd post this (and hopefully get my status changed) in case anyone has any specific questions about the current status of recruit training.

M Co, PLT 3269

SDI: SSGT. Dow
EDI: SSGT. Ledesma
DI: SSGT. Heffel
DI: SGT. Hernandez
DI: SSGT. Rodriguez

PFC. Hayes

CH53MetalMan
04-11-09, 01:35 PM
Congrats Jar Head!

Now what is an EDI?

jinelson
04-11-09, 02:50 PM
Congratulations Marine! I upgraded your membership and avatar so you are good to go.

Semper Fi

Jim

Btek
04-11-09, 03:23 PM
Just graduated also!
MIGHTY MIKE!
PLT 3274
SDI SSGT. Kawaihalau
DI SSGT. Lennon
DI SSGT. Bachicha
DI SSGT. Vargas
DI SSGT. Moreno

Pfc. Takuski

Eidal
04-12-09, 06:27 PM
Congrats Jar Head!

Now what is an EDI?

Thank you Cpl. As to the EDI abbreviation, while in recruit training I often heard the 2nd hat (1st being SDI, 2nd being the DI teaching all the drill) referred to as the "Experienced Drill Instructor." Not sure if thats a standard title or if its something M Co. just invented, however.

PFC. Hayes

Stromberg
04-12-09, 10:25 PM
Graduated along with you guys also.
Plt 3275
SDI Ssgt Mahoney
DI Ssgt Lopez
DI Sgt Arroyo
DI Sgt Solana
DI Sgt Castro

Good times Mike Company...

PFC. Stromberg

GEOCO
04-13-09, 12:33 AM
Good luck, PFC Hayes.

Will you be going to MCT on regular schedule, or did you get RA?

Btek
04-13-09, 01:07 AM
Graduated along with you guys also.
Plt 3275
SDI Ssgt Mahoney
DI Ssgt Lopez
DI Sgt Arroyo
DI Sgt Solana
DI Sgt Castro

Good times Mike Company...

PFC. Stromberg

hell yeah it was fun times, Ssgt Lopez is awesome haha

Stromberg
04-13-09, 03:09 AM
hell yeah it was fun times, Ssgt Lopez is awesome haha

Yeah he was haha. He just had a thing for war crying. I was standing back post on firewatch one night and he walked by and had me idle like a car, then he turned the throttle up and I had to war cry really loudly.

Another guy he had war cry during the crucible at night everytime he shined his moonbeam haha.

I thought that Sgt Bernatowski was pretty crazy at some points.

Btek
04-13-09, 03:53 PM
Yeah he was haha. He just had a thing for war crying. I was standing back post on firewatch one night and he walked by and had me idle like a car, then he turned the throttle up and I had to war cry really loudly.

Another guy he had war cry during the crucible at night everytime he shined his moonbeam haha.

I thought that Sgt Bernatowski was pretty crazy at some points.

haha yeah Sgt Bernatowski always got on my ass for being polish

Eidal
04-14-09, 02:27 AM
Good luck, PFC Hayes.

Will you be going to MCT on regular schedule, or did you get RA?

7 Days RA.

FieldsNAZ
04-15-09, 02:43 AM
3270 here. Also with everyone. Will be going to MCT on regular schedule.

JWDevilDog
04-15-09, 02:55 AM
Thank you Cpl. As to the EDI abbreviation, while in recruit training I often heard the 2nd hat (1st being SDI, 2nd being the DI teaching all the drill) referred to as the "Experienced Drill Instructor." Not sure if thats a standard title or if its something M Co. just invented, however.

PFC. Hayes

Congratulations on earning the Title. Keep up the discipline, and enjoy MCT.

I've never heard of the EDI thing. In my company it was the "Heavy Hat" and I've also heard people calling it the "J Hat," as well as the "Drill Hat."

grmnshprdsrex
02-09-10, 10:23 PM
Hello there marines... this is to the drill instructors in mike co. out of MCRD San Diego... just wanted to see how all you were doing... and if anyone (drill instructor) will talk to SSGT kawaihalau or Sgt. Moreno... let them know that LCpl Peters from 3266 said i made a turn around from boot and now looking to get a maritourious Mass in a few weeks... well hope to hear from someone soon take care devil dogs
oh-rah
Semper Fi
LCpl Peters

CH53MetalMan
02-10-10, 07:05 AM
Hello there marines... this is to the drill instructors in mike co. out of MCRD San Diego... just wanted to see how all you were doing... and if anyone (drill instructor) will talk to SSGT kawaihalau or Sgt. Moreno... let them know that LCpl Peters from 3266 said i made a turn around from boot and now looking to get a maritourious Mass in a few weeks... well hope to hear from someone soon take care devil dogs
oh-rah
Semper Fi
LCpl Peters

Now there's one highly motivated Marine!

Oh-rah!

:iwo:

dROD20
02-10-10, 07:25 AM
congrats Marine! is was sooo nice to finish that last hike on the Crucible, huh?! I will NEVER forget that feeling...

Rocky C
02-10-10, 04:09 PM
Congratulations Marine!!!

Semper Fi,
Rocky

grmnshprdsrex
02-10-10, 06:10 PM
oh-rah CPL. CH53... kinda i was jus seeing if drill instructors come on
here so i could contact one of them but ya you can so i'm a lil moto...
for a reserve... these reservists that i'm with now are lazy as ****..
thats why i plan on switching to active soon
LCpl Peters

grmnshprdsrex
02-10-10, 06:19 PM
Heyy pfc Hayes.... how'd did you like Ssgt Ledesma...? i had him in my old platoon 3266 the cycle right b4 you... he drill you guys like crazy huh.... ya
when i had hiim all he was about was either quarter deck cuz you ****ed
up in drill (individually) or running back and forth on recruit highway
was his favorite... thats all he had us do when we would **** up it got old lol
did you ever see a drill instructor named sgt moreno or Ssgt Johnson???
LCpl Peters

doc h fmf
02-17-10, 09:31 AM
Congrats to all you Marines who have just graduated.GOODLUCK IN ALL OF YOUR CAREERS,

SEMPER FI OOOOOOOOOOOOOORRAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 FMF