PDA

View Full Version : Persuasive Essay

ElDiablo
04-09-09, 09:20 AM
I have to write a persuasive essay for my English class and then give a speech on it. Naturally I'm going to do a topic more inclined towards the military. One problem: can't think of a topic that would be school appropriate and not get me kicked out.
Topics I have already thought of are gays in the military and women in combat roles. Mandatory Military Service and the Geneva Convention have been taken. I'm kind of stuck so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Rocky C
04-09-09, 09:45 AM
Why don't you write a Persuasive Essay on why you are Enlisting in my Beloved Marine Corps and perhaps others will follow suit.

I hear the Marines are looking for a Few Good Men and Women.

But What do I Know, I'm just a MARINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Semper Fi,
Rocky

Alisium
04-09-09, 09:58 AM
Why don't you write a Persuasive Essay on why you are Enlisting in my Beloved Marine Corps and perhaps others will follow suit.

I hear the Marines are looking for a Few Good Men and Women.

But What do I Know, I'm just a MARINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Semper Fi,
Rocky

I second this or a topic extolling the virtues of service in general.

FloresMarin
04-09-09, 11:03 AM
It would be easier to do a persuasive paper, where you feel strongly about the topic... At the beginning of the school year I wrote a college English paper on Women in combat roles... Unless you are strongly in favor of women taking part in combat then you will have no problem in persuading other people... But if you don't, then you will have a hard time trying to list the pros and cons of the paper... Thats only my opinion. =) Or you can go the other way around and say you don't agree with women in combat or anything around the lines... =)

commdog7
04-09-09, 11:22 AM
How about transvestites in the military?

If Obama changes the policy of open gayness in the military (which will happen), then transvestitism will be the next obstacle! :D

Alisium
04-09-09, 11:33 AM
How about transvestites in the military?

If Obama changes the policy of open gayness in the military (which will happen), then transvestitism will be the next obstacle! :D

Doubtful, funny thought, but doubtful as cases can be made that TG'ed people have serious mental health issues.

ElDiablo
04-09-09, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the replies. I was going to write about enlisting but found it hard to write a whole persuasive paper about it. I mean I could, but couldn't really figure out how to make it into a paper. I think I might end up going with the media being bad for moral or something along those lines.

Alisium
04-09-09, 11:35 AM
How about military funding?

ElDiablo
04-09-09, 11:43 AM
That's perfect. I actually just read about a new budget proposal that will cut DoD expenses down a lot. If anyone's interested the site is:http://www.heritage.org/research/nationalsecurity/wm2373.cfm. Thanks again.