PDA

View Full Version : First Day Working It

reallybigshoe
04-07-09, 03:11 PM
Alright, I just my first attempt at the Marine Corps minimums. I ran only 2 miles which took me 23:50, and I was able to do 2 pull ups and 34 crunches in two minutes. I have a long way to go but at least now I know where I am starting from. I've dieted my way own to 235 from 280, and I know I can do this and actually make something of myself.

Alisium
04-07-09, 03:43 PM
"And knowing is half the battle"

Good onions, keep it up!

BigGunz90
04-07-09, 03:45 PM
Good work dude keep it up. To help with your run, add some hills and sprints to your workout. Also, doing other cardio exercises like swimming, cycling, etc will whip you into shape faster. Keep dieting and you'll be there in no time.

rg2o3
04-07-09, 04:56 PM
good work man, you can do it. Just keep up the mental part. And if you ever need some moto or some support you know you can get it here! run hard, work hard, and youll make great gains.

meallen07
04-07-09, 05:42 PM
You have a lot to be proud of already, don't forget that. Keep your eye's ahead though and know your not done yet. Stay on top of it and you'll be fine. One last thing that helps me is generally you gain your strength from prior experiance, so never give yourself a break. If you say your going to run two miles, run two miles, it will make it easy when you do it again. Congratulations on the accomplishments so far, and good luck!

Ankrom
04-07-09, 06:43 PM
Well good for you... just keep it up. Just a question... when do you leave for boot... of have you not dep'd in yet?

reallybigshoe
04-07-09, 09:10 PM
Well good for you... just keep it up. Just a question... when do you leave for boot... of have you not dep'd in yet?

Nope. Thus far I have been solo. I am running around a nearby soccer field and doing crunches and pull ups in my living room.

When I get closer I'll DEP.

JWG
04-07-09, 10:02 PM
Bro, I suggest you at least go into your recruiter's office. Joining the DEP is a big motivater and gives you the support and camaraderie of people who are in the same boat and want the same Title. It also gives you people to connect with and get together and PT, run, etc.

You're getting in shape to ship, a big mission of the Delayed Entry Program. No brainer to me.

Ankrom
04-07-09, 10:03 PM
Thats awesome brother. Something that will help you out is doing push ups when you wake up and when you go to sleep. On the first day, do your maximum set twice. Then on your second day, start with ten cadences of Marine Corps push ups. In case you dont already know the difference between a civilian push up and the Marine Corps push up. The Marine Corps push up is 2 pushups for every one rep. The 2 push ups are split into 4, down, up, down, up, ONE... down, up, down, up, TWO... all the way to the desired reps.

You should start with 10 reps for that days mourning and night... then the next day bump it up to 11 reps... then to 12 reps and so on... do that all the way untill you ship out for boot camp... you'll be able to pump em out in no time when you have a DI in your face.

Ankrom:iwo:

Ankrom
04-07-09, 10:05 PM
Bro, I suggest you at least go into your recruiter's office. Joining the DEP is a big motivater and gives you the support and camaraderie of people who are in the same boat and want the same Title. It also gives you people to connect with and get together and PT, run, etc.

You're getting in shape to ship, a big mission of the Delayed Entry Program. No brainer to me.

Good point... i know it was a big motivator for me... just gotta stay motivated and dedicated...