PDA

View Full Version : Any Advice For A Female Poolee?

RyanAlexis24
04-07-09, 07:58 AM
I'm leaving for boot camp in less than 20 days to become a Marine. Any advice you can give to a female? I've already heard the generic advice, shut-up and do what your told, voulenteer, and so on.
Is female recruit training kind of the same as the male's?

thanks.

Marine84
04-07-09, 08:03 AM
Use your search option Grasshoppa - I know I've told many females a few things.

thedrifter
04-07-09, 08:09 AM
Use your search option Grasshoppa - I know I've told many females a few things.

;) :thumbup:

Ellie

Pete0331
04-07-09, 09:03 AM
Giggity!

Chumley
04-07-09, 09:25 AM
Never Quit! I gave up quitting for New Years and haven't been back since.
Good luck!
C

Achped
04-07-09, 09:49 AM
Pick Hawaii as a duty station preference.

Semper Fi.

thewookie
04-07-09, 09:59 AM
nice pic
good luck
daniellasun
;)

Achped
04-07-09, 10:02 AM
How did I miss that???

Achped
04-07-09, 10:03 AM
OH, and who in the hell told you to volunteer? lol, never volunteer for ANYTHING. EVER. Trust me on this, anyone who tells you otherwise is just trying to f*** with you or a super-motivator.

scifguard
04-07-09, 10:16 AM
anyone who tells you otherwise is just trying to f*** with you or a super-motivator.

True fact Cpl.

0231Marine
04-07-09, 11:27 AM
Fix your font...it hurts my eyes...lol

Achped
04-07-09, 11:32 AM
Hey, I know your wife is on here, but...

Just look at her profile...the "font" there definitely won't hurt ;)

Gunner 0313
04-07-09, 11:39 AM
OH, and who in the hell told you to volunteer? lol, never volunteer for ANYTHING. EVER.

:flag:The time is 1235 EST on 7 April 2009. I have to mark this date because I actually agree with you on that one Achped. LOL !! NEVER VOLUNTEER !!! Whoever told you that is trying to sabotage your ass.

jcarter73
04-07-09, 11:59 AM
Solid advise that will actually help you is get your hair under control right away.

Number one thing the Female's have issue with is your hair. If you don't square it away they WILL cut it off.

Pay attention and learn to get that "bun" tight...

Best of Luck...

BR34
04-07-09, 12:44 PM
Is female recruit training supposed to be special/different?

Advice for a female poolee...learn the difference between "Aye Sir/Ma'am" and "Yes/No Sir/Ma'am".

Seems to be something that ain't taught in 4th Battalion.

Marine84
04-07-09, 01:43 PM
Seems to be something that ain't taught in 4th Battalion.

I beg your pardon..................it most certainly is. Well..............maybe not nowadays.

Alisium
04-07-09, 01:58 PM
True for every poolee:

Learn as much of your knowledge as possible, now and pt.

And do this 10 times a day to get used to it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgpwk1uM9Tk

Achped
04-07-09, 02:06 PM
:flag:The time is 1235 EST on 7 April 2009. I have to mark this date because I actually agree with you on that one Achped. LOL !! NEVER VOLUNTEER !!! Whoever told you that is trying to sabotage your ass.

I know Gunner!

"I need 5 recruits for the super elite black hawk squad"

3 days later

"SUPER ELITE BLACK HAWK SQUAD!!!!
"AYE SIR!"
"GET IN THE PIT!"
"AYE SIR!!!"

Rofl...idiots.

Gunner 0313
04-07-09, 05:09 PM
I know Gunner!

"I need 5 recruits for the super elite black hawk squad"

3 days later

"SUPER ELITE BLACK HAWK SQUAD!!!!
"AYE SIR!"
"GET IN THE PIT!"
"AYE SIR!!!"

Rofl...idiots.

:flag: Super Elite Blackhawk Squad. LMFAO !!!! Dumbfu cks !!!

RyanAlexis24
04-07-09, 05:17 PM
Hey, I know your wife is on here, but...

Just look at her profile...the "font" there definitely won't hurt ;)

hahaha thanks :)

RyanAlexis24
04-07-09, 05:18 PM
so voulnteering is a bad idea then???

WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE WANABEE>>>>

Quinbo
04-07-09, 05:19 PM
Everyone who wants to be a scuba diver raise your hand.... ok all my scuba divers grab a deck towel and scare all the ghost turds out from under the racks. While you are crawling sing the Marines hynm

RyanAlexis24
04-07-09, 05:23 PM
interesting... so no voulneering for this kid... haha
okie dokie then... i've got a CFT on saturday...
what does that all entail?

thewookie
04-07-09, 05:33 PM
interesting... so no voulneering for this kid... haha
okie dokie then... i've got a CFT on saturday...
what does that all entail?

Here's some good scoop straight from the gouge - look for the answers first, asking questions is fine as long as you have attempted to look first. You should be coming to us for in-depth knowledge, not simple wrinky dinky questions. Think of this site as an encyclopedia of all things Marine. It's all here; but you have to find it, daniellasun.

RyanAlexis24
04-07-09, 05:44 PM
sorry sir.

Wyoming
04-07-09, 05:58 PM
sorry sir.

Damm, Wook, you are a Sir now.

Lookie, little lady, go do the search stuff and ask the hard questions on here.

Isrowei
04-07-09, 07:26 PM
hahaha thanks :)

How about a professional presentation of yourself for starters? Is that too much to ask?

What is with the MySpace, cutesy, "I-wanna-score-my-first-LCpl-before-boot" pics in these female poolee profiles? And I'll lay money that I wasn't the first one to think that after seeing your profile picture based on the responses here.

You want to be taken seriously? Don't hang your chest meat out in your pictures on a site asking about "what it takes to be a Marine". Because.. that it isn't it. In fact, that will quickly get you sidelined and forgotten. Sure, people will remember you, but not for what you want them to.

Drop the cute act. Your profile says you're 20, not 12. Act like you have some sense of maturity about yourself, your actions, and the way you present yourself.

0231Marine
04-08-09, 07:09 AM
Hey Sir, long time no see!

Achped
04-08-09, 08:13 AM
Man, the Lt totally kills it every time...

thedrifter
04-08-09, 08:22 AM
How about a professional presentation of yourself for starters? Is that too much to ask?

What is with the MySpace, cutesy, "I-wanna-score-my-first-LCpl-before-boot" pics in these female poolee profiles? And I'll lay money that I wasn't the first one to think that after seeing your profile picture based on the responses here.

You want to be taken seriously? Don't hang your chest meat out in your pictures on a site asking about "what it takes to be a Marine". Because.. that it isn't it. In fact, that will quickly get you sidelined and forgotten. Sure, people will remember you, but not for what you want them to.

Drop the cute act. Your profile says you're 20, not 12. Act like you have some sense of maturity about yourself, your actions, and the way you present yourself.

Thank You....;)

Ellie