PDA

View Full Version : Post Weight Loss Goals! 09 Edition

GavinL91
04-05-09, 11:29 PM
I saw post like this before,but i couldnt find one that wasnt 4-5 yrs old,so i decided to start 09 one.My goal is to be a poolee,and my ultimate goal is to be a Marine,but to achieve my goal,i have to lose alot of weight.

Im a hs football playin jr and im 6'0 pushin if not 300,ive already started my road to success to get down to 230,to DEP,and 203 to enlist.I want to enlist after hs,so i have a yr to get this done.I know there are others out there in my situation,those who may weigh more,but atleast we want to change our lives for the better.

Current weight-300
Monthly Goal-10 a month
DEP Goal-230
Ultimate Goal-200

nrml1
04-06-09, 04:37 AM
I saw post like this before,but i couldnt find one that wasnt 4-5 yrs old,so i decided to start 09 one.My goal is to be a poolee,and my ultimate goal is to be a Marine,but to achieve my goal,i have to lose alot of weight.

Im a hs football playin jr and im 6'0 pushin if not 300,ive already started my road to success to get down to 230,to DEP,and 203 to enlist.I want to enlist after hs,so i have a yr to get this done.I know there are others out there in my situation,those who may weigh more,but atleast we want to change our lives for the better.

Current weight-300
Monthly Goal-10 a month
DEP Goal-230
Ultimate Goal-200

I am a serious lurker, but other than age I was pretty much in the same boat you're on right now. I am 6'0 and was 310 in FEB2007, it took me a while but right now I am at 235lbs. I could have done it quicker, but I learned throughout my research that when you want real change and change that will stick it takes time. It took time for me to become a serious fat body and it is going to take time for me to lose it. Either way my journey is not over, I have 35lbs to go and I am working everyday to get rid of it and make sure that IT STAYS OFF.

I'm doing it, its a process, but all it takes is will power, dedication and some serious motivation. Do not look at the scales, look at the changes in yourself and how you feel and before you know it you'll be at 180.

Best of luck.

Weight: 310 in FEB2007
Weight now: 235
GOAL: 220 to DEP in Early June

KilpatrickF250
04-06-09, 10:51 AM
Hows it going guys, 6'3 210, looking to cut down to 200 and lean out, while this goal is a lot smaller than most, I'm fighting a family history of being large. It's going to take more than a little foul history to keep this poolee from staying moto. We'll make it guys, just don't stop looking forward and never quit. DO OR DIE

GavinL91
04-06-09, 11:32 AM
Yeah,its good to see some people post,i felt alone for a while.I need to buy a scale though,to track my progress.

GavinL91
04-06-09, 06:38 PM
Also thought about gettin me a sauna suit,to sweat more when i run.

MarinesFTW
04-06-09, 07:12 PM
Im 175 6'0" just wanna tone down and a lean mean ****you all up machine.

YOU OVERRIDE THAT CENSOR AGAIN WANABEE>>>AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT I CAN DO

HookEm25
04-06-09, 07:36 PM
I'm 5'11'' 175. Looking to get lean, around 160-165. And build more muscle.

Qwarkeh
04-06-09, 07:49 PM

Don't do that... You'll only lose weight because of water. If anything you'll just dehydrate yourself, which could lead to yourself going down as a heat case. You're not going to lose like 200 LBS of water.

MrSnips
04-06-09, 08:19 PM
I am around 5'8" tall. I weigh 180 now. My goal is to maintain my weight but gain muscle and endurance. I dont have an issue if the weight goes away though (history has shown that wont happen).

Mariyta
04-06-09, 08:21 PM
I've been working on losing weight since September. I've only really gotten serious since I moved into my own apartment in January. The toughest part for me is staying focused on why I'm doing this.

Highest Weight: 215 at the beginning of October
Weight now: 173
Goal: 149 to DEP by mid-June

MrSnips
04-06-09, 08:24 PM
I've been working on losing weight since September. I've only really gotten serious since I moved into my own apartment in January. The toughest part for me is staying focused on why I'm doing this.

Highest Weight: 215 at the beginning of October
Weight now: 173
Goal: 149 to DEP by mid-June

Motivation is something i've ALWAYS had issues with. Now the only shirt or attire i work out in has the Marine Corps logo or "Marine" or something along those lines. Anytime you think you can't do your last set or that you shouldn't run that last mile just look down and remind your self why your lifting, or why you are running and just what you will accomplish by doing so.:thumbup:

Ranger03
04-06-09, 08:34 PM
Yea i fall in here.

Highest weight: 350lbs. August 2008.
Weight now: 239
I want to be in the DEP in the next month. I have to lose 8 more lbs. Ultimate goal is to weight 200 or less for when i ship out.

rylee13
04-07-09, 12:38 AM
Height: 5'9
Age 19
DEP Weight 214
Current 200
Goal 190 requirement (196)
Keep up the motivation!

Mariyta
04-07-09, 06:49 PM
Motivation is something i've ALWAYS had issues with. Now the only shirt or attire i work out in has the Marine Corps logo or "Marine" or something along those lines. Anytime you think you can't do your last set or that you shouldn't run that last mile just look down and remind your self why your lifting, or why you are running and just what you will accomplish by doing so.:thumbup:

Yeah, I run to Run to Cadence with the U.S. Women Marines, and the U.S. Marines Vol 2. Once I'm running, I'm good. It's the getting up and getting out there that I have trouble with.

Hitchcock
04-07-09, 07:11 PM
Height: 6'1
DEP Weight: 145
Current 153
Goal:165
need more muscle before I leave in June.

mhanley09
04-07-09, 08:24 PM
wight at DEP:200
current wieght: 188

i constantly motivate myself by looking at a marines shirt or sign. also eating plays a huge role in losing wieght. smaller portions and more physical activity help.

GavinL91
04-07-09, 09:11 PM
Yea i fall in here.

Highest weight: 350lbs. August 2008.
Weight now: 239
I want to be in the DEP in the next month. I have to lose 8 more lbs. Ultimate goal is to weight 200 or less for when i ship out.Whoa,you lost all that in a year,man what is your secret.:thumbup:

KilpatrickF250
04-08-09, 10:50 AM
Whoa,you lost all that in a year,man what is your secret.:thumbup:

the human mind is a magnificent thing :evilgrin: put your mind to it, and you'll get there.

MrSnips
04-08-09, 12:56 PM
A Marine at MEPS shared with me a fairly interesting and difficult workout with me and the rest of us bored guys while we were waiting.

Its a mix of jumping jacks and push ups. Basically you start with a jumping jack, than bend from the waste until your hands touch the floor and kick your legs straight back into the push up position, after that you do one push up and kick your legs back up to how you were before going into the push up position, stand up and do a jumping jack.

It works everything pretty well.

NoRemorse
04-08-09, 01:00 PM
Side straddle hop into a bend and thrust. Repeat... forever.

So much fun:)

MrSnips
04-08-09, 01:26 PM
Picking a number and everytime you hear someone on TV say it you do that many push ups.

Or pick certain words that dictate certain exercises and do them every time you hear them on the tv or radio.

MrSnips
04-08-09, 01:35 PM
Picking a number and everytime you hear someone on TV say it you do that many push ups.

Or pick certain words that dictate certain exercises and do them every time you hear them on the tv or radio.

I woke up and picked "mid way" as my word of the day to do sit ups for...on the military channel its about all they are talking about today...i don't think i'll be able to move by the time i'm supposed to actually go work out.

GavinL91
04-08-09, 03:21 PM
i went with my mom to the track,i warmed up walked with her,and then left her while i started to jog recover walk,did this for about a mile.

Ranger03
04-08-09, 03:28 PM
Whoa,you lost all that in a year,man what is your secret.

No secret here dood. Just lots of working out, and eating right. To date i have lost 105lbs. I feel great. Just need to get to 230 so i can go to meps.

Here is some pics for proof.

In this pic i weighed 350lbs. the shirt is a 4x and tight, and the pants are size 46!
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h289/mvh88/frontbumper060.jpg

In this pic i weighed 244, this was 1 week ago. The shirt is a size xl, and the pants are a size 38.
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h289/mvh88/P3270060.jpg

Makes me feel good looking at those pics nowing what i am now, and what i really want to become, a U.S. Marine:flag:

KilpatrickF250
04-08-09, 10:09 PM
A Marine at MEPS shared with me a fairly interesting and difficult workout with me and the rest of us bored guys while we were waiting.

Its a mix of jumping jacks and push ups. Basically you start with a jumping jack, than bend from the waste until your hands touch the floor and kick your legs straight back into the push up position, after that you do one push up and kick your legs back up to how you were before going into the push up position, stand up and do a jumping jack.

Berpies (sp.) we had to do those at Gunny Ramos' famous "Beach Run"

GavinL91
04-08-09, 11:35 PM
No secret here dood. Just lots of working out, and eating right. To date i have lost 105lbs. I feel great. Just need to get to 230 so i can go to meps.

Makes me feel good looking at those pics nowing what i am now, and what i really want to become, a U.S. Marine:flag:Man,i hope i can post pics up like this in a year,im hungry as hell right now,nothing healthy in the kitchen,so im guzzling down water.:thumbup:

MrSnips
04-09-09, 05:19 AM
Is there any good way to work on push ups besides doing pushups? thats the only thing i'm having trouble with. The other 3 things have been easy to work on.

Wes40138
04-09-09, 05:36 AM

Here is some pics for proof.

In this pic i weighed 350lbs. the shirt is a 4x and tight, and the pants are size 46!

In this pic i weighed 244, this was 1 week ago. The shirt is a size xl, and the pants are a size 38.

Makes me feel good looking at those pics nowing what i am now, and what i really want to become, a U.S. Marine:flag:
Man , That is good stuff ! I'm not talking about your weight loss ,I'm speaking of that Slayer shirt :bunny: Just kidding,that is seriously motivating . I am hovering around 326 right now (I started out on Christmas eve @ 391 , so roughly I've lost 65lbs in 4 months ) A wise Marine (beyond his years) told me " Do you want to dig deep or just settle ?" My goal is to DEP in September , I need to lose another 80lbs . Just a measly 80 lbs ......

NRQ
04-09-09, 09:26 AM
hey man i was suppose to ship last week but i couldnt becuase of somthings i needed to take care of..but i couldnt help seen your post...man i was 315 this time last year now iam 235lbs and 6'2 i run the mile and half in 9:41 and do 70+ crunches and 4 pullups iam a poolee and iam going to bootcamp this month...you can do this and i encourage you to go to pool functions have your recruiter motivate you mine did i owe everything to Sgt.Telford my recruiter, but basicly this was my day from Septmeber 8th i was 292 eat 6 small meals a day eat nomore or less than 1500 calories, drink a half gallon of water a day depending on your enviroment, run atleast 3 miles at your pace everyday!! what day? everyday.. iam pretty big on lifting weights that something i love doing so i would if i where you cuz it builds lean mass, i played semi-pro football for the Cherokee County Eagels the summer after high school, my junior year of high school i was weighn in at 323lbs, my senior year i lost some weight just becuase of the competion levels for scholarships...but man i was you ok, you control the outcome of life i will be a US Marine, and if you really want it like i did you will become a Marine also, and if you want i will send you some befor and after pics...well good luck with your goal and let me know if this helps.

Current weight-300
Monthly Goal-10 a month
DEP Goal-230
Ultimate Goal-200

thezero
04-09-09, 09:32 AM
I'm not over weight but still have goals.

Current - 155ish
Goal - 160-165

I am trying to trim fat and build muscle/lean muscle :evilgrin:

NRQ
04-09-09, 09:36 AM
dont buy a scale they will D-moto you trust me
Yeah,its good to see some people post,i felt alone for a while.I need to buy a scale though,to track my progress.

Hayes
04-09-09, 09:40 AM
Height: 5'10
Current Weight:165 lbs
Objective: trying to get back down to 155 and tone myself. Then start building muscle.
Time: Before September
Current Diet: Lean meats, fish.
Diet Supplements: Ripped Fuel Extreme

KilpatrickF250
04-09-09, 10:01 AM
the human mind is a magnificent thing :evilgrin: put your mind to it, and you'll get there.

Even last night, I was puking before p.t. I pushed myself to go. We only did the IST, but I still got my 95 crunches, 5 pullups, and I really had to push myself to finish the 1 1/2 mile. I puked for 5 minutes after that and then we had a relay race :D and did an abdominal workout, then we built a house. It sucked, but I feel better knowing I pushed hard and I'm getting results. The mentallity is there, results will soon follow.

Ranger03
04-09-09, 03:38 PM
Man , That is good stuff ! I'm not talking about your weight loss ,I'm speaking of that Slayer shirt :bunny: Just kidding,that is seriously motivating . I am hovering around 326 right now (I started out on Christmas eve @ 391 , so roughly I've lost 65lbs in 4 months ) A wise Marine (beyond his years) told me " Do you want to dig deep or just settle ?" My goal is to DEP in September , I need to lose another 80lbs . Just a measly 80 lbs ......

Haha its an official concert tee too lol

Good luck on losing the 80lbs. Its is hard, at times. Temptation is always a B****! but the more you hold out the better off you will be. I weighed in this morning at 237! so it is possible.

My work out regiment i not as tough as it should be. I dont do too much weight lifting, i need to make weight first.

I work out 5 days a week at the gym. I live in San Diego, so usually the navy base gym( thks SSgt Inzunza) for getting us in. I stay at the gym and do cardio for about an 30 minutes at a non stop run uping the speed every 5 minutes. then a 10-15 minutes of speed walking. usually do about 3.5 = miles a day. Then sit in the sauna for 20 min, and do it again, but slower and out on the track.

Eating wise, i eat oatmeal (not instant) for breakfast, OR a bowl of special K. Eat the suggested serving size on the package. about 150-200 calories. for lunch it is a frozen lean meal from vons. each one is about ~300 +/- calories. Dinner is a chicken breast with veggies, or a salad ( no dressing or croutons - they bad for you and add to many calories)

Its funny i actually enjoy running now, for the most part. The more you run the easier it is. You will lose that 80lbs quick. I lose about 20lbs a month on average. If you get in a plateau, keep on going dont stop, if anything add more calories, so you body will get out of "conserve mode".

GavinL91
04-13-09, 08:07 PM
Sup guys,ive came up with a workout
I call it Chase,its basically you and a partner playing tag.The first person runs and the "chaser" counts to 3 and sprints for them,The sets are 4,but if you get caught,it adds a sprint,you each take turns sprinting and chasing.A good and fun workout to get the blood pumpin and heart going.

Petz
04-13-09, 08:21 PM
Hows it going guys, 6'3 210, looking to cut down to 200 and lean out, while this goal is a lot smaller than most, I'm fighting a family history of being large. It's going to take more than a little foul history to keep this poolee from staying moto. We'll make it guys, just don't stop looking forward and never quit. DO OR DIE

your height weight regs are like 216-218 active duty... you're within height and weight standards... you're not "large" unless you have nothing but fat that needs to be turned into muscle.

Petz
04-13-09, 08:22 PM

you want to hydrate before and during a run, not dehydrate... canc that sauna suit... it will only make you loose water weight, and when your muscles are 70% water what suffers a bigger lose? muscle or fat?????

Petz
04-13-09, 08:28 PM

it's called a "body builder"

the Marines have what's called an 8-count body builder

one side straddle hop (thats two counts one up one down), bend over (one), kick your feet out (one) do a push up (two, one down, one up), kick your feet back under (one), stand up(one).

you can do 16 count body builders which requires you to do 3 side straddle hops and 3 push ups.... basically modify it how you see fit... but they are called body builders.

Petz
04-13-09, 08:33 PM
Is there any good way to work on push ups besides doing pushups? thats the only thing i'm having trouble with. The other 3 things have been easy to work on.

do planks.... or stay in the "rest" position... planks require you to rest on your elbows... you can do side planks also... other ideas are from the plank to reach our with one hand to "change the channel" as if you are turning the nob on the tv... and then do the same with the other hand... but have about 10 sec. inbetween arm raises... after you do 10sec left hand change 10 sec right hand change... that's one rep. get to ten reps and see where you are on push ups after that.

Petz
04-13-09, 08:38 PM
Haha its an official concert tee too lol

Good luck on losing the 80lbs. Its is hard, at times. Temptation is always a B****! but the more you hold out the better off you will be. I weighed in this morning at 237! so it is possible.

My work out regiment i not as tough as it should be. I dont do too much weight lifting, i need to make weight first.

I work out 5 days a week at the gym. I live in San Diego, so usually the navy base gym( thks SSgt Inzunza) for getting us in. I stay at the gym and do cardio for about an 30 minutes at a non stop run uping the speed every 5 minutes. then a 10-15 minutes of speed walking. usually do about 3.5 = miles a day. Then sit in the sauna for 20 min, and do it again, but slower and out on the track.

Eating wise, i eat oatmeal (not instant) for breakfast, OR a bowl of special K. Eat the suggested serving size on the package. about 150-200 calories. for lunch it is a frozen lean meal from vons. each one is about ~300 +/- calories. Dinner is a chicken breast with veggies, or a salad ( no dressing or croutons - they bad for you and add to many calories)

Its funny i actually enjoy running now, for the most part. The more you run the easier it is. You will lose that 80lbs quick. I lose about 20lbs a month on average. If you get in a plateau, keep on going dont stop, if anything add more calories, so you body will get out of "conserve mode".

I feel as if I'm spamming the crap out of this thread, but I haven't read it before and many of you need some guidance.

this enboldened text is GREAT, GREAT information... I am going to say Ranger03 is the guy you need to PM for your health/nutrition needs.

if he has questions he can PM me, I have a few other Marines who can assist.

eventually you will burn more calories than you take in, and you body will burn muscle and conserve fat... so taking more calories is NOT a bad idea... without getting into math and nutrition, there is a specific caloric intake for every person... you can't take the same portions another poolee is taking to lose weight... you need to find your groove, and sometimes it changes on you.

stay flexible, stay motivated and most of all stay active!!!

semper good luck

phantasm
04-13-09, 08:42 PM
I'm looking to lose fat and gain muscle mass. Ideally, 25lbs less would be nice. My workout routine is M-W-F 0500 cardio 2-4 miles then after 2000 I do upper body weights. T-R-Sat. 0500 is cardio 2-4 miles and then lower body weights at night. Lunch is a tuna sandwich with a yogurt and I drink nothing but water. I have a few small snacks as well to ensure my calorie intake isn't to low.

Petz
04-13-09, 08:47 PM
that's lots of cardio... consider cutting some of it, and increasing your anabolic weight lifting time.

good job on the diet.

phantasm
04-13-09, 08:51 PM
that's lots of cardio... consider cutting some of it, and increasing your anabolic weight lifting time.

good job on the diet.

Thank you for your input Staff Sergeant. In your opinion, would I benefit more from halving my cardio workout? The weight routine's are between 1hr and 2hr depending on how busy the gym is. Sometimes it's hard to keep the blood pumping due to the lack of availability of equipment.

Petz
04-13-09, 08:53 PM
I'd say, you should cut the cardio in increments of one day at a time for two weeks, then another day... until you get to about 3 - 4 days of cardio... as for the gym... if you can't use equipment do push-ups, leg lifts, crunches, the plank... there are so many that you don't need equipment for... and all of them will benefit your body until equipment opens up...

phantasm
04-13-09, 08:58 PM
I'd say, you should cut the cardio in increments of one day at a time for two weeks, then another day... until you get to about 3 - 4 days of cardio... as for the gym... if you can't use equipment do push-ups, leg lifts, crunches, the plank... there are so many that you don't need equipment for... and all of them will benefit your body until equipment opens up...

Thank you again. I'll mix it up a bit and see what it looks like. I need to speak with my sister for some specific stretches anyway. She has a PhD in Physical Therapy and is pretty good when it comes to stretching. Me, not so much.

KilpatrickF250
04-13-09, 09:08 PM
your height weight regs are like 216-218 active duty... you're within height and weight standards... you're not "large" unless you have nothing but fat that needs to be turned into muscle.

not necessarily LARGE, but still in need of thinning out :D

just got back from my nightly 1 1/2, Ssgt

Motivated :mad:

Petz
04-13-09, 09:09 PM
do three tomorrow night and then come talk about motivated....

KilpatrickF250
04-13-09, 09:37 PM
do three tomorrow night and then come talk about motivated....

Yes Sir!:evilgrin:

Ranger03
04-14-09, 12:43 PM
not necessarily LARGE, but still in need of thinning out :D

just got back from my nightly 1 1/2, Ssgt

Motivated :mad:

Push your self to go further. When i first started loosing weight, i struggled to do half a mile. I was winded. I did that same half mile for about a month and realized i was getting no where. Force you self to go and extra lap with out stopping, or coming to a walk. Just keep your feet moving. When i started to do this i lost more weight and felt an energy boost in the mornings when i woke up.

No that i have been at it for quite a while i can run just about 4 miles non stop at a pace of about 7mph.

Your diet will also really put you in your place. Replace 1 meal a day with a salad. Lettuce is very low in calorie and very filling. Use little to no salad dressing. I don't use any. with your salad have a grilled chicken breast. It is high in protein, so it will help you keep the muscle you have, and is easy to digest.

Stay away from sweets. Trust me. You will clean all of the crap out of you system and will be felling better after about 2 weeks on the clean food diet.

Make sure that you weight lift at the VERY least 2 times a week. It does not have to be extreme, but working your muscles boost your metabolism and keeps you body burning calories after a workout.

KilpatrickF250
04-14-09, 02:29 PM
Push your self to go further. When i first started loosing weight, i struggled to do half a mile. I was winded. I did that same half mile for about a month and realized i was getting no where. Force you self to go and extra lap with out stopping, or coming to a walk. Just keep your feet moving. When i started to do this i lost more weight and felt an energy boost in the mornings when i woke up.

No that i have been at it for quite a while i can run just about 4 miles non stop at a pace of about 7mph.

Your diet will also really put you in your place. Replace 1 meal a day with a salad. Lettuce is very low in calorie and very filling. Use little to no salad dressing. I don't use any. with your salad have a grilled chicken breast. It is high in protein, so it will help you keep the muscle you have, and is easy to digest.

Stay away from sweets. Trust me. You will clean all of the crap out of you system and will be felling better after about 2 weeks on the clean food diet.

Make sure that you weight lift at the VERY least 2 times a week. It does not have to be extreme, but working your muscles boost your metabolism and keeps you body burning calories after a workout.

cut out the sweets about two months ago. been lifting 3 times a week, run damn near everyday. about to start swimming at least 4 times a week

goodtimes
04-14-09, 07:18 PM
It is a lot easier to loose weight when you have a real goal to achieve (like the Corps). I was fat, heard about Marines, lost weight (21 lbs in a Month), DEPed in, and am now continuing to loose weight. Motivation!

GavinL91
04-14-09, 08:11 PM
Should i concentrate on cardio or a mix of weights and cardio,i need to lose alot of weight and burn alot of fat,i got weight training as a class,so what should i do.I heard muscle weighs more than fat,so if i am gaining muscle am i gaining weight?

MD8724
04-14-09, 09:09 PM
do planks.... or stay in the "rest" position... planks require you to rest on your elbows... you can do side planks also... other ideas are from the plank to reach our with one hand to "change the channel" as if you are turning the nob on the tv... and then do the same with the other hand... but have about 10 sec. inbetween arm raises... after you do 10sec left hand change 10 sec right hand change... that's one rep. get to ten reps and see where you are on push ups after that.

SSgt, Planks are more for your core. They may help a little with keeping a proper form during pushups, but you won't achieve any more by doing them. Pushups (depending on stance) work your chest and tricep muscles. Therefore, workout your chest and triceps. Rope pulldowns, bench press, etc. They also work your shoulders so do shrugs and shoulder presses or some shoulder workout as well. Honestly though, the way to get good at pushups is to do pushups. I was doing 1000 a day last summer for a few weeks. They get easier. I wouldn't recommend doing alot of them all the time though (i.e. 1000 a day) because your muscles need time to repair, and you can really injust yourself doing too many.

Petz
04-15-09, 02:13 AM
if you don't have a strong core (as many of these fatties dont) you can't use all your muscles in your body to do an exercise... you may not know this, but if you have a strong core muscle group, when you do a pull up, you are getting help from your leg muscles...

Cpl, those exercises are a great way to build your muscles... I won't disagree with you there, but they are looking for a way to do more... and strengthening your core is key... besides, keeping your back straight is a requirement... might as well train for it...

goodtimes
04-15-09, 03:44 AM
Hey GavinL91, my weight loss plan was not fun... not fun by any means. I cut everything out of my diet that was not essential nutrients. I mixed yogurt with boiled buckwheat and vegetable juice from whole foods. I ate that 4 times a day and my health slop made eating a chore (that should never happen). I also ran every day but Sundays. My runs would very from 3 to 8 miles a day. If it was more than 3 miles, I would run 2 miles and walk a half mile and run 2 miles and so on and so forth. This was a great way to actually burn fat permanently! Now that I lost 21 or so lbs in a month, I am good to go! The only reason that I could run when I wanted to and eat when I wanted to (which was never) was because I don't have a job until Aug 17th.

To sum it up, eat food that horses enjoy, become unemployed, and run everyday as if there was a mob of Drill Instructors chasing behind you.

In other words, if life sucks, you are doing it right! (disclaimer, this method worked for me because I wanted to see if I could handle such a situation of monotony. To everyone else trying to loose weight, find something a little more fun and less dangerous for your health and you may just stick to it!)

Ranger03
04-15-09, 12:07 PM
You use you core for almost every movement in your body. Having a strong core is essential. If you do planks everyday it will help you loose some weight and help you with other exercises. Planks are not fun at all, but they promote better form and posture.

I do planks everyday. It is my least favorite exercise.

NoRemorse
04-15-09, 12:35 PM
if you don't have a strong core (as many of these fatties dont) you can't use all your muscles in your body to do an exercise... you may not know this, but if you have a strong core muscle group, when you do a pull up, you are getting help from your leg muscles...

Cpl, those exercises are a great way to build your muscles... I won't disagree with you there, but they are looking for a way to do more... and strengthening your core is key... besides, keeping your back straight is a requirement... might as well train for it...

I'd have to fully agree with the SSgt here. If we're talking about core we're talking about the entire torso, which includes the shoulders. Planks done with the arms fully extended do strengthen the shoulder girdle and a stronger shoulder provides a stronger connection between the arms and the rest of the body.

A stronger midsection allows for more pushups as well because there are fewer leaks throughout the whole chain. Besides, all that shaking and quivering while holding a static position burns a lot of calories to boot.

But improving pushups requires doing more pushups, just like the CPL said.

NoRemorse
04-15-09, 12:36 PM
Hey GavinL91, my weight loss plan was not fun... not fun by any means. I cut everything out of my diet that was not essential nutrients. I mixed yogurt with boiled buckwheat and vegetable juice from whole foods. I ate that 4 times a day and my health slop made eating a chore (that should never happen). I also ran every day but Sundays. My runs would very from 3 to 8 miles a day. If it was more than 3 miles, I would run 2 miles and walk a half mile and run 2 miles and so on and so forth. This was a great way to actually burn fat permanently! Now that I lost 21 or so lbs in a month, I am good to go! The only reason that I could run when I wanted to and eat when I wanted to (which was never) was because I don't have a job until Aug 17th.

To sum it up, eat food that horses enjoy, become unemployed, and run everyday as if there was a mob of Drill Instructors chasing behind you.

In other words, if life sucks, you are doing it right! (disclaimer, this method worked for me because I wanted to see if I could handle such a situation of monotony. To everyone else trying to loose weight, find something a little more fun and less dangerous for your health and you may just stick to it!)

Become unemployed... jeez, if I could afford that I'd be able to run a PFT and a CFT underwater...

SGT VAS
04-15-09, 02:30 PM
For all the fatbodies looking for an extremely motivating workout regime, try http://www.marinecorpsfitness.com/. You can keep progress of your personal goals, learn how to eat right, and they have a variety of workouts that will keep you from getting bored. And, its ****** FREE so no excuses!!!:thumbup:

agwilliams
04-15-09, 02:35 PM
Heres my goals.

Female
Height: 5'4"
Highest weight: 250 February 16, 2009
Current weight: 230
Weight to ship: 145
1st Goal: 180 by August 15 and meeting IST standards. If this happens I can Dep-in.
2nd Goal: 140 by December

Petz
04-16-09, 02:59 AM
one of your goals is to become a female?????? hahaha.

agwilliams
04-16-09, 04:41 PM
SSgt...Im all woman....:angel:

Ranger03
04-16-09, 04:46 PM
^^ thats good to hear lol

alicia1984
04-16-09, 05:12 PM
Heres my goals.

Female
Highest weight: 250 February 16, 2009
Weight to ship: 145
1st Goal: 180 by August 15 and meeting IST standards. If this happens I can Dep-in.
2nd Goal: 140 by December

You can enter the delayed entry program with 40 pounds still to lose?

agwilliams
04-16-09, 05:38 PM
the way i read it...you can enter DEP overweight and get a waiver for the weight as long as you can meet 2nd class PFT requirements...I could be wrong.
Marines is this correct information??

alicia1984
04-16-09, 05:47 PM
Where is it you're reading this? This isn't what your recruiter told you?

bekster2008
04-16-09, 06:55 PM
No that is to ship to boot camp, you can be 5 percent to 10 percent over weight as long as you pass the IST but if you are 10 percent you must also get a waiver depending on the score you get on your IST, in order to DEP in to the Marines you must be at the required weight.

As for females, they MUST be at weight to DEP in and ship to boot camp, no exceptions. Once women get to the fleet they can do tape tests for body fat percentage when they do their PFT's, etc.

alicia1984
04-16-09, 07:00 PM
Can you be a little more concise? When you say you must be at the required weight in the first paragraph do you mean the 5 to 10 percent over the ship weight? Cause then you go on to say that females must be at weight to enter the DEP.

bekster2008
04-16-09, 08:01 PM
Males can be at 5 percent and pass their IST in order to go to boot camp, if you are over that but under 10 percent and pass your IST and pass a body fat test, if you are at 10 percent but under I believe 12 percent you must pass your IST, get a waiver, and there is something else you must do but I forget what it is.

Females must be AT THE REQUIRED WEIGHT we women tend to gain weight differently than guys, so we have no body fat test until we get to the fleet. There will be no exceptions, no waivers, no chances on an IST, you must be at weight or you don't DEP in and you certainly will not ship to boot camp.

alicia1984
04-16-09, 08:27 PM
Thank you for the clarification.

Petz
04-17-09, 08:33 AM
all I know is that there are DEP weight limits and SHIP weight limits... you have to meet them in order to do them.

ask your recruiter for what yours are with your height/sex.

agwilliams
04-17-09, 08:45 AM
i got my information from *************. i must have read it wrong. since i am female and i will be 28 august, 19, my goals are as follows.

Heaviest weight: 250 on February 16, 2009
1st Goal: 180 by August 15(I still want to be meeting IST standards at this date)
2nd Goal: 145 by December 20th(special Marine Corp day in my family)
3rd Goal: 135 by ship date and surpassing IST standards (hopefully by February)

KilpatrickF250
04-17-09, 01:13 PM
just checking in; I have lost 5 lbs in a month :thumbsup:

GavinL91
04-17-09, 10:25 PM
I feelin good,people at school are sayin i look smaller so it must be working.Cardio and situps and pushups,ima get there.

nrml1
04-18-09, 04:46 AM
Got my arse kicked today at PT with the RS, it was awesome, cant wait to do it again. I've never been more motivated in my entire life! Although I didn't do as well as I had hoped I was OK with it for being my first time doing anything with Marines and Pool-ees.

GavinL91
04-20-09, 07:49 PM
Yeah gettin alot of feedback from the folks at school,im slimmin down,i cant see it but they can.I got football workouts all this week,gettin ready for spring.

Petz
04-22-09, 12:01 PM
kilpatrick, great job! keep it up... aim to lose 8 pounds this next month.

chrizzle17
04-22-09, 02:05 PM
Kinda off topic, i havent really been focusing on losing weight. However i just managed to pass the run part of my ist today. I have been working really hard towards meeting the time, and today i ran a 13:09. My last time was a 13:55. I leave for boot on Sunday. I was so happy to know that I am now able to go and start training. Nothing is holding me back. Running may be the worst thing for me, but thanks to certain Marines and poolees, I am able to go pursue my dream. Anybody having problems with the run, just keep busting that azz, it will come.

Petz
04-23-09, 12:55 AM
I'd be worried that you're gonna fail in boot camp in front of all those DIs... not knowing which one will be yours should scare you enough not to fail.... but you never know.

GavinL91
04-23-09, 11:48 AM
Kinda off topic, i havent really been focusing on losing weight. However i just managed to pass the run part of my ist today. I have been working really hard towards meeting the time, and today i ran a 13:09. My last time was a 13:55. I leave for boot on Sunday. I was so happy to know that I am now able to go and start training. Nothing is holding me back. Running may be the worst thing for me, but thanks to certain Marines and poolees, I am able to go pursue my dream. Anybody having problems with the run, just keep busting that azz, it will come.Good luckck at boot man,youll make it,just bust your ass of in front of your DIs,and stay motivated.:thumbup:

GavinL91
04-23-09, 11:50 AM
Man im am exhausted from yesterday,we had matt drills for football.It consist of drills for 15 mins a piece of straight cardio football drills.My grey tee was soaked after that day!

chrizzle17
04-23-09, 12:50 PM
Good luckck at boot man,youll make it,just bust your ass of in front of your DIs,and stay motivated.:thumbup:

Thanks bro, I don't plan on failing now that I know i can pass. My pullups and crunches are way past minimum and now i can pass the run. Its time to go become a Marine! Thanks for the moto.

Edit: by the way, thats a great statement you have at the bottom of your post. With that attitude, you should be passing recruit training in no time.

GavinL91
04-25-09, 10:49 PM
I need to be on a better diet,i feel like im eating crap.Like i eat things i want but not as much.Should i continue this or should i change up my whole diet.Still doing my cardio and weight training.

chrizzle17
04-25-09, 10:57 PM
Well my last post here, but I did start eating better for myself, not necessarily to lose weight. I would bake some chicken in the morning(wrap it in tinfoil and bake for 35 mins...easy as hell) then make a container of easy rice. Then cut up the chicken, add some veggies, and eat it all day long. Make enough to last all day. Good, and healthy. Bag of chicken at Wallyworld, is like 6 bucks lasts for a few days. Chinese food and pizza used to be a constant thing, and I would feel like crap all the time. Just start changing some of the foods you eat slowly. You will learn to appreciate better foods.

GavinL91
04-30-09, 08:23 PM
Update:
April 30-Today after checking the scale after a whole month i have lost 20 pnds.
(Its not alot i know,but its a start for the good.

Starting weight:307
Current weight:287
DEP Goal:230
Ultimate Goal:200

Good luck to the rest!

ÓGlaisne
04-30-09, 08:59 PM
Hey everybody, this will be my first post as I've been on the road to weight loss myself.

As of December, I weighed in at 310 lbs. Today, I'm at 255 lbs and counting. I start a three-month workout regimen on Saturday that will be the final push to my target weight of 200 lbs. I'm already capable of passing the push-ups and sit-ups standards, so it's just a matter of getting to a proper enlistment weight, getting my mile time up to snuff, and my pull-ups to a suitable number (only three at present).

Starting Saturday, I begin a 7-day workout routine that will include 3-miles running, 10 laps in the pool, as well as various cardio and weights. Once I get down to about 225, I plan to start working my way up to 10-mile ruck marches.

Congratulations to all of you for taking the steps to better yourselves and congratulations for the progress you've made. I pray for your continued successes.

Petz
04-30-09, 09:16 PM
Hey everybody, this will be my first post as I've been on the road to weight loss myself.

As of December, I weighed in at 310 lbs. Today, I'm at 255 lbs and counting. I start a three-month workout regimen on Saturday that will be the final push to my target weight of 200 lbs. I'm already capable of passing the push-ups and sit-ups standards, so it's just a matter of getting to a proper enlistment weight, getting my mile time up to snuff, and my pull-ups to a suitable number (only three at present).

Starting Saturday, I begin a 7-day workout routine that will include 3-miles running, 10 laps in the pool, as well as various cardio and weights. Once I get down to about 225, I plan to start working my way up to 10-mile ruck marches.

Congratulations to all of you for taking the steps to better yourselves and congratulations for the progress you've made. I pray for your continued successes.

are you serious?!

you need to ask another poolee what the requirements are and where you should put your focuses to better improve yourself to succeed in boot camp.

ÓGlaisne
04-30-09, 09:29 PM
I'll always be open to some direction, I have no family or friends in the Marine Corps and the recruiters weren't interested in talking to me until I lost some weight so I've really been flying by the seat of my pants in all of this. I've just been pushing everything as hard as I can in everything I can. I don't really know much other way to go about it, to be honest.

I wasn't really working from a total state of inability from the start, though. Yes, I was grossly overweight at 310 lbs but I wasn't wholly out of shape, if that makes sense. I've always been a strong and able guy, I just got a little too wild with the Miller High Life, pork ribs, and cake and my weight got out of hand.

Like I said though, I'm definitely going to be pouring over your forums here all night to gain some experience and knowledge that I previously have not had. I hope to be much better informed thanks to your resource, here.

MarinesFTW
04-30-09, 09:33 PM
There are loads of threads of weight loss and getting stronger... Read them and learn.

ÓGlaisne
04-30-09, 09:37 PM
Also, I realized I should clarify... I don't know if I can get up to 10 miles, but I read online that you will do ruck marches up to that length in boot so it's just a number I set as a goal for myself. I'm sure I sounded stupid saying that in the first post, but I mean that I just set that as something to look towards because it was a number I read in a breakdown of Marine Corps training. I don't convey what I'm trying to say very well, sometimes.

ÓGlaisne
04-30-09, 09:38 PM
There are loads of threads of weight loss and getting stronger... Read them and learn.

I definitely will. This is my first day here on your forum so I am very excited to learn. Thank you.

Petz
04-30-09, 09:46 PM
it's not called ruck marches... or packs being called rucks.... mainly for the reason that "RUC"s are unit admin locations (for HQMC purposes)

go learn from the poolees.

ÓGlaisne
04-30-09, 09:48 PM
it's not called ruck marches... or packs being called rucks.... mainly for the reason that "RUC"s are unit admin locations (for HQMC purposes)

go learn from the poolees.

Understood, thank you. I'm reading up as we speak.

Petz
04-30-09, 09:53 PM
now start using Marines Ranks.

GavinL91
05-03-09, 05:52 PM
I try to update on this as much as possible to keep it in the top page.
Anyway its storming outside so i cant pt,but i pt earlier so its cool.

It'll be cool to sticky this so we can post picks and give others a chance to read this.It sometimes get buried on the 2nd page.

Everybody stay up and pt!
My goal this month-10pnds

kpuente
05-03-09, 06:30 PM
I did some running earlier and then did a bike ride on this fitness trail, that i live by. Then to top it all off I had a double header in softball today. So overall it was a good day.

In February I weighed 281, now im down to 254. My goal is to be at 221 in July. That's what I need to be at in order to enlist the recruiter said. I think if I keep eating right and working out everday, I shouldn't have a problem.

I hope everyone has a good day.

GavinL91
05-03-09, 06:36 PM
Your on the right track with the weight loss keep it up!
Alot of people here have goals and want the same thing we all want,
to be a Marine!

Welcome to the thread!

Mariyta
05-04-09, 06:30 PM
Sounds like everyone is right on track. I'm on pace to be able to talk to the recruiter by the end of June. I had a feel-good moment today. I went to buckle my belt and realized I could buckle the next notch. Two months ago, I couldn't wear the belt at all, now I only have one hole to go before it starts to get too big.

Faze
05-06-09, 12:18 AM
In February I weighed 281, now im down to 254. My goal is to be at 221 in July. That's what I need to be at in order to enlist the recruiter said. I think if I keep eating right and working out everday, I shouldn't have a problem.

221 is my goal by july aswell.

I started talking to my recruiter in november and I weighed 272 pounds, but it wasn't until January that I took it seriously. I'm down to 238 now and want to weigh 221 by the end of June so I can enlist.

I feel like I've hit a plateau because I've only lost two pounds these last three weeks. Gonna start working a lot harder though. Started running in the mornings and I hit the gym everyday after school.

Mtn395
05-06-09, 08:03 AM
200lbs is my goal, but I gotta lose 50lbs before I can sign

kpuente
05-06-09, 05:32 PM
MTN395 and Faze,

Good to know im not alone. Im motivated to do it. Earlier this week, I got a call from a new recruiter. He replaced the recruiter, I was originally talking to. Were getting together Friday and now I feel extra motivated because he said he wants to work out with me and invite me to some of their Poolee functions. So im excited. Goodluck to the both of you. We will do it.

Mtn395
05-06-09, 06:42 PM
MTN395 and Faze,

Good to know im not alone. Im motivated to do it. Earlier this week, I got a call from a new recruiter. He replaced the recruiter, I was originally talking to. Were getting together Friday and now I feel extra motivated because he said he wants to work out with me and invite me to some of their Poolee functions. So im excited. Goodluck to the both of you. We will do it.

My Recruiter invited me to do PT with them, but I can't get a ride, if I could go I could drop my weight fast, but...

kpuente
05-06-09, 10:24 PM
My Recruiter invited me to do PT with them, but I can't get a ride, if I could go I could drop my weight fast, but...

Understandable, I live about four miles from mine. So I just ride my bike there or walk. But most of the time I run in the nieghborhood or use the treadmill my family has. I dont have a gym membership, so I try to find other ways to workout outside. So far it has been working.

Gnetics
05-07-09, 04:45 AM
Workout on a budget? :thumbup:Prison style workout, Inclined pushups, squats with a lil brother on ur shoulders, Poker deck pushups, fill juice containers with dirt, rocks etc for weight with tape handles. use a brick as a kettlebell..do suicides in a parking lot..will definetly lean you out fast and in a hurry. Remember to check your diet too, you will see the most improvement after you fix what goes in and powers your body!

Wes40138
05-07-09, 05:48 AM
Weighed in yesterday @ 312 , 66lbs to go for my DEP weight .

Mtn395
05-07-09, 08:04 AM
The RS is like 30 miles from my house, thats my problem

kpuente
05-07-09, 12:26 PM
The RS is like 30 miles from my house, thats my problem

That is a distance away. But if you just keep doing what you have been, then you should be fine.

GavinL91
05-07-09, 04:53 PM
Sup guys ive lost 7 pnds this week and now im at 280.
50 more to go till i can DEP.

StrikeQ
05-07-09, 07:16 PM
Sup guys ive lost 7 pnds this week and now im at 280.
50 more to go till i can DEP.

I'll take that 50 from you, I could use it!

Good job, and keep going after your goals.

Teak
05-07-09, 08:21 PM
StrikeQ you can have the 30 I need to lose. But you have to keep it cause I sure as heck don't want it back.

GavinL91
05-07-09, 08:27 PM
no,he can take the 50,it will make this whole process a hell of alot easier.

Teak
05-07-09, 09:53 PM
Ok but I need to find sone who needs 30. Thats all I need to lose. I have already lost around 15 pounds in the last month. There is a website that you can go to and it helps you get the right portions down. It gives you ideas for food and fitness. If you would like the website just let me know it has helped me out a lot.

StrikeQ
05-07-09, 09:54 PM
I'll take all 80, though that would put me at the upper limit so no more! haha

Keep at it, you're doing good.

agwilliams
05-08-09, 04:57 PM
im down to 225 now from 250!!!

Teak
05-08-09, 06:53 PM
You go girl!!! Keep going and you will hit your target weight. You know walking helps alot. I have a few friends here that I walk with. Make sure tho that the people that you walk with will walk with you no matter what. I walk when it is hot and even when it is raining. I like the hot weather better cause you feel like you have really done something.

GavinL91
05-11-09, 07:46 PM
bump

GavinL91
05-11-09, 07:48 PM
Bump

Petz
05-12-09, 09:23 PM
got my brother PTing (non-Marine/wannabe) he was shocked he can run a mile without passing out now.

Myriah
05-13-09, 09:16 AM
got my brother PTing (non-Marine/wannabe) he was shocked he can run a mile without passing out now.

I wish I could get my little brother to PT

Hartford
05-13-09, 12:48 PM
Age - 19
Height - 6'1"

Heighest Weight - 208
Current Weight - 205
Goal Weight Before Shipping - 195
Final Weight - 190

I know I'm within standards for weight and BF% but I want to be a little leaner so I don't have to move as much weight around for pullups and running and just everything at boot camp.

Waiting on a med waiver now from MEPS but then I'm signing up for 5800, hoping to get 5811 (MP) or 5812 (MP Working Dog Handler).

LegacyCase
05-16-09, 03:32 PM
Female
Height: 5'3"

Weight goals:
Starting weight (January 13, 2009): 215
Current weight (May 16, 2009): 190
Goal Weight: 140

I had a setback in April. During rugby practice one Sunday, I sprained my knee. I've recently gotten back into my workouts. Thankfully, I maintained my weight during my forced convalescence.

Regimen: Runs up and down hills with three dogs who pull in different directions, Daily 16, Red Rocks Fitness, rugby when in season, kettlebells

My mom doesn't know yet why I'm trying to lose weight. She's just glad I am. So far, the recruiters haven't been in touch with me much, but I'm sticking to my guns because I want to be a Marine.

I haven't done a baseline on flexed arm hang, but I know that I can bodily lift 200+ pound rugby forwards so I'm not as concerned. I'll be doing a baseline in a week. I'm going for my first serious run - not a jog or walk, a run - since I sprained my knee. Hopefully I'll be able to make a decent showing.

Pants
05-16-09, 08:40 PM
Height: 5'11"
Current Weight: 273
Goal Weight: 220 By the Sep-Oct.

Striving for this.

FutureRifleman
05-17-09, 05:43 PM
Height: 5'09"
Current Weight: 235lbs.
Goal Weight: 200lbs.

I'd like to be at a comfortable position to ship out at the end of this summer.

Mtn395
05-19-09, 08:23 AM

I wish I could run a mile

NoRemorse
05-19-09, 08:30 AM

Don't wish. You spend your time wishing you won't have any time to go out and do the thing you're wishing for.

Start small, start often, stay consistent. You'll be running a mile or 10 and humping that much more before long if you keep your head about you and stay consistent.

Falling off the wagon is easy. Getting back on is easy... staying on the b!tch is hard.

Petz
05-19-09, 01:13 PM
yeah, I think they make the wheels some oblong shape so it's always a bumpy fvcking ride....

alicia1984
05-19-09, 06:04 PM

If you own an iPod touch by chance or the iPhone even there's an application on iTunes called C25K running plan. It's the Couch 2 Five K running plan designed to get you running 3 miles in 8 weeks. I've never been a runner and can't run for crap and I just started it this past week. The app tells you when to start your running intervals and when to stop. And it allows you to play your own music in the backround. I'm hoping this will help more than me just running until I'm tired and then stopping and then going again. This way I know how much progress I'm making. I'm the type that needs the strict focus of a program instead of leaving it all up to me.lol

usmcmsf
05-19-09, 06:21 PM
yeah, I think they make the wheels some oblong shape so it's always a bumpy fvcking ride....

HAHA, you make me laugh SSgt

Pants
05-19-09, 10:18 PM
I'm going strong, got some weights, started an intense exercise routine today to supplement the jogging id been doing. I'm very impatient and I hope to see SOME results soon.

Faze
05-20-09, 11:05 PM
Down to 232. Just 11 pounds until I can DEP in. I think I went three or four weeks without losing any weight and I'm sure it was because of my diet.

Started eating better food and doing the whole 6 small meals a day thing. Lost 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I was ecstatic when I weighed myself today.

I also managed to run 3 miles today without stopping which surprised me quite a bit. I use to struggle running half a mile.

nrml1
05-21-09, 03:52 AM
I'm at 228 (from 235 a month or so ago) - don't need to lose any more to DEP in but I need to be able to do 2 pull-ups and run a 11:30 1 1/2 mile. Still my goal is 200 so I've got quite a bit. My 1 1/2 mile is at 13:03.

Keep at it fellers. Everything that is easy was difficult at one point.

Wes40138
05-21-09, 05:39 AM
I'm at 228 (from 235 a month or so ago) - don't need to lose any more to DEP in but I need to be able to do 2 pull-ups and run a 11:30 1 1/2 mile. Still my goal is 200 so I've got quite a bit. My 1 1/2 mile is at 13:03.

Keep at it fellers. Everything that is easy was difficult at one point.
Hell yes! Thats good stuff , I'm glad to see that youre almost there .

Chick Pea
05-23-09, 02:11 PM
Height: 5'4
Current: 175
GOAL: 150 or below :p

Mariyta
05-23-09, 03:08 PM
I hit 163 today, down 3 since last Saturday. I had stopped losing weight, because I dropped my calorie intake too far. Once I bumped it back up, I started losing again. I also picked up Amy Bento's Kickboxing Xtreme. Today was my first day with it, and it was a great workout, even though I got lost on a lot of the combos. It's definitely worth the look if anyone is interested in that kind of thing.

alicia1984
05-24-09, 07:59 PM
I hit 163 today, down 3 since last Saturday. I had stopped losing weight, because I dropped my calorie intake too far. Once I bumped it back up, I started losing again. I also picked up Amy Bento's Kickboxing Xtreme. Today was my first day with it, and it was a great workout, even though I got lost on a lot of the combos. It's definitely worth the look if anyone is interested in that kind of thing.

How low did you drop it and how much did you bump it back up to?

Mariyta
05-24-09, 08:37 PM
How low did you drop it and how much did you bump it back up to?

I dropped it for a couple weeks. I bumped it back up to 1500-1600, which is where it was when I was losing steadily.

Hartford
05-24-09, 10:15 PM
Losing weight is harder than I would have though! In high school I was always the very very skinny kid. So after graduating I've been working out pretty much every day and eating a lot of meat to bulk up. Went from 6'0" @ 135lbs to 6'1" @ 205 pounds. Bench press went from 95lbs to 215lbs. :) But now that I'm strong enough for now I want to cut down for boot camp for the running and pretty much just everything as it's easier to do as a light person. Hoping to get down to 195-190 before going without losing much muscle mass. I'm probably about 15% body fat now and hope to be 12% some day.

Pants
05-28-09, 11:34 AM
I've gone from 273 to about 260 in a little over a week and a half. Hope to get to 249 in 2 weeks!

reallybigshoe
06-11-09, 06:33 PM
I've gone from 273 to about 260 in a little over a week and a half. Hope to get to 249 in 2 weeks!

5 Pounds per week is not possible to do in a healthy way. The only way you lose that is mostly in water loss, which will slow fat burning and make you gain more weight in the long run when you stop hard core dieting.

Make sure you are drinking TONS of water, and be happy with 2 pounds per week.

44ghad
06-15-09, 03:34 AM
Well folks to be honest I've been slacking. I was pt'ing every day & running 3 or so miles most every day, wasn't dieting per say but not like I was pigging out either. I was eating once or twice a day, I know thats not particularly good but you do how you have to. Alls I ate was eggs in different fashions post pt, & as I've said gained speed & strength & 10 lbs. Ya I think it's funny but only half in the haha funny way. So I was 220ish & now 230ish. Hoping to get my paperwork through & my med read thumbs up soon & to drop back under 220 @ 5'10 or 11(that's right some days I'm 71" & others 70.5") @ 27 yrs. Haven't tested in a bit but no doubt 1.5 still @ 13.5ish pulls maybe 4 or 5 & crunch still 60 or better- accounting for slacker loss. But no more all day school so back on the grind for my fat body.

Petz
06-15-09, 08:56 AM
I recently got the Wii Fit.... it's great! it tracks your day-to-day weight and the exercises are fun and engaging.

I'd recommend it for you all as something to do before you go for a run as it strengthens your core muscles and will aid in burning fat.

enjoy.

agwilliams
06-22-09, 05:57 PM
Ive been away for a long while. I have been working my butt off at work. I hit somewhat of a plateau. But this past week I was able to break that plateau and lose 10 lbs in 12 days. I feel great and I can run 1/4 mile with out stopping. My mile is still slow but I am building it up. I am down to 220lbs. Only have 80 more to go. I got just a little bit over a year to do it before I turn 29. I can and will do it!!!

ChrisWood311
06-22-09, 07:52 PM
5'9
185-190 pounds (fluctuates)
I would like to drop about ten pounds. Most of my weight is fat weigh around the midsection that I'd like to work off. Started serious PT again this week.

RyanFling
06-22-09, 10:21 PM
I started out at 6'2" and 275 pounds, a real fat body.
Since March I've cut that down to 6'3"(Don't ask me where that inch came from) and I know way 215, hoping to cut that down to about 200 before I leave for Boot in October. I cut my IST run down to 10:35 as my best, I can do 11 pull ups and 110 sit ups in 2 minutes.

sbombard15
06-22-09, 10:31 PM
You guys should check out p90x. Its an amazing program that sounds prefect for you guys.

ChrisWood311
06-23-09, 08:28 AM
You guys should check out p90x. Its an amazing program that sounds prefect for you guys.
I just got it. It is pretty awesome. Makes a good pushup and crunch tool too.

sbombard15
06-23-09, 11:06 AM
I just got it. It is pretty awesome. Makes a good pushup and crunch tool too.

And it really helps you pullups. You have to do it everyday though and you really should follow the meal plan. All the meal plan dose is show you how to eat healthy to lose fat and gain muscle.

Pitman6710
06-27-09, 01:46 PM
I'm 5'3'' and DEPed last month at 131 lbs. I used to be 145 lbs and I'm hoping to get to 120 by the end of summer. I got the Iron Gym a couple of weeks ago and I can do one pull up now! I don't want to do the flexed arm hang. I think females should have to do the male standards so my goal is to exceed the male standards for my IST.

Hartford
06-27-09, 02:08 PM
Good work Pitman (that's a recruiters name at my office actually), the Iron Gym is awesome and if you're able to do a good amount of pullups by the time boot camp comes around, the flexed arm hang will be easy.

Gunner614
06-27-09, 02:58 PM
If your a female, you should probably just stick to doing flexed arm hangs. Theres a girl in my RS that can do a 97 second hang, but only 2 pullups. Girls do the flex arm hang for a reason, their bodies are built differently, and should only do the flex arm hang.

MarinesFTW
06-27-09, 08:45 PM
If your a female, you should probably just stick to doing flexed arm hangs. Theres a girl in my RS that can do a 97 second hang, but only 2 pullups. Girls do the flex arm hang for a reason, their bodies are built differently, and should only do the flex arm hang.

Same here but the girl at my RSS can do a 93 second hang, with 2 pull ups. Shes damn neare a 300 PFT she runs her 3 miles in under 19 and does 120 crunches. Highest PFT of our RSS ever sence Ricky Recon left. (He did 30 pull ups 140 crunches and a 17:42 3 miles, CRAZY MOTHER TRUCKA)