PDA

View Full Version : Finally back from the depot!!

cuzzo333
04-05-09, 07:16 PM
Graduated April 3, PFC Roccuzzo 2nd BN Hotel Co. Plt 2176.

Damn does it feel good to claim the title Marine. I can't believe it but I already miss MCRD San Diego. ;)

commdog7
04-05-09, 07:44 PM
Congrats Marine!

If you miss boot camp now, know that you will miss it even more as the years pass on.... I did.

cuzzo333
04-05-09, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the congrats. I hung out with my friends today and it was pretty awkward. They were doing the same old crap, no ambition what so ever, and it was boring to be around them. There wasn't anything to talk about because they hadn't accomplished anything (besides smoking more pot). It made me appreciate being a Marine even more.

commdog7
04-05-09, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the congrats. I hung out with my friends today and it was pretty awkward. They were doing the same old crap, no ambition what so ever, and it was boring to be around them. There wasn't anything to talk about because they hadn't accomplished anything (besides smoking more pot). It made me appreciate being a Marine even more.

I had a similar experience when I returned from the Island. The world I came back to was the same as I left it. I realized how much I had changed, especially my mentality. I had a constant urge to be productive, but the world around me did not reflect that desire. You belong to the Corps now, you are no longer 'one of them'. Just like that recruiting poster, the change is forever. Rah!

StoneTheWeak
04-09-09, 07:48 PM
Bootcamps the easy (and for me so far the fun) part. Don't worry, MCT will give you a whole new appreciation for bootcamp too. They say bootcamps only 13 weeks, but MCT is essentially 4th phase, making it 17. It's a joke we all tell here at Pensacola, especially if you're east coast. Camp Geiger is like the ******* of the universe, especially in January when I was there. Probably not that bad now.