PDA

View Full Version : questions on motor t

futuregrunt03
07-03-03, 12:44 PM
can someone please tell me what people in mos motor t do? are they deployed during war and if so what does the training consist of?thank you

btrogu
07-03-03, 04:11 PM
Yes they get deployed. I was a grunt and later went to a motor-T unit. You'll learn to drive Hummers, 5-tons and how to repair them. Try to find someone here who was in Motor-T or try to find a Reserve unit by you. They will have better information then me.
Plus you'll do a lot of driving.

jinelson
07-03-03, 05:02 PM
I can answer some of your questions as I was a 3500 for training, a 3531-driver and finally a 3537 motor transport operation cheif/truck master. You will either be assigned as a driver or a mechanic depending on your aptitude. I was trained at Camp Pendleton's Del Mar area for 14 weeks. As far as deployment I was deployed to Vietnam twice, once as a truck company with all our gear and again byself reporting to 11th Motors. Hope this helps you out. MOS wise it is a darn good job.

jenrmurray
07-03-03, 10:26 PM
Future, in addition to all the info you'll get from people here, if you are looking for general MOS job descriptions, check out www.military.about.com, there is a ton of info on that site. :)

jinelson
07-03-03, 10:56 PM
GOOD JOB JENMURRY - POOLIE THATS WHAT WE ARE HERE FOR. ONCE A UNITED STATES MARINE ALWAYS A UNITED STATES MARINE.

CAS3
07-04-03, 09:28 AM
As a 3531, I was a motor T driver. The USMC has will train you on cut v, hummers, and 7 tons. The 5 ton is obsolete now. You do get deployed overseas and in times of war, you will go if your unit is deployed. I had a blast and wouldn't want any other job in the Corps!

jinelson
07-04-03, 01:19 PM
Another good source for information on motor T is the USMC Motor Transport Association they have a website at anglefire.com I'm not sure of the exact e-mail address so do a google search. I totally echo CAS3's last sentence.

Sgt0811
07-04-03, 01:28 PM
My primary MOS was 0811. I had a secondary MOS of 3531. I worked the 105 mm Howitzer and I drove the 2 1/2 ton duce and a half that towed the Howitzer. I was a driver up until I made Cpl. and became section chief of Gun 1 in Nam. I enjoyed driving.

futuregrunt03
07-05-03, 12:49 PM
thank you guys for the info it really helped I go to PI on july 14 so I will write when I get back

jinelson
07-05-03, 01:34 PM
Make us proud future grunt03 and I'll hold you to your word to write when you have your Eagle, Globe and Anchor.

22DevilPup87
07-05-03, 01:56 PM
... nine days. Excited, nervous?

leroy8541
07-06-03, 09:55 AM
Most of the time when Grunts get to ride, its on trucks. Who better to drive them than Motor-T, even when the bullets are flying!!

They may not be the pride, but without them the pride don't ride!!!!

futuregrunt03
07-06-03, 12:29 PM
yes I am a little nervous but also excited about my future!!!

22DevilPup87
07-06-03, 08:16 PM
It's not even me that's shipping and I'm nervous and excited for ya!

CPLRapoza
07-07-03, 02:38 AM
THeir getting rid of the 5 ton, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOO, this can't be, I have to get back to the fleet.

Motor-T
07-07-03, 10:22 AM
Well I guess my name says what I did. I was the cool fool at the motor pool. To answer your question on what motor- t does,we move supplies to the front line grunt and keep the rear stocked with the things that are needed at the front. Yes motor-t is deployed. Remember if the grunts have it a truck brought one way or another. It had to get to the plane some how or the chopper,and that is done by a truck. Also if you do go into motor-t I ask you to do 1 thing,and that is take care of those Mud Marines,because they will need a little rr at times,and if you can, never go and pick up a Mud Marines with out a beer for them. The people in supply can get you the beer,but you will have to give them something for it. Remember Marines take care of their own.
Also remember you are a basic riflemen be fore anything else.

They took away my M151,and now they are going to take away my M52(5 ton). Army must be getting some new stuff,and the Corps is getting the hand me downs again.

Bullrider
08-18-07, 06:31 PM
As a 3531, I was a motor T driver. The USMC has will train you on cut v, hummers, and 7 tons. The 5 ton is obsolete now. You do get deployed overseas and in times of war, you will go if your unit is deployed. I had a blast and wouldn't want any other job in the Corps!

Big bump, but I want to get all the information I can before I sign the papers on Tues.. As a 3531 can you test for a CDL with HAZMAT certifications since your hauling live ammo and other various equipment? And if you can is the CDL applicable for the entire United States?, sorry tryin link the Marine Corps and a career afterwards.