PDA

View Full Version : Phone Calls

KaylaNobbs
03-26-09, 11:26 AM
I'm not really a spouse, rather just a girlfriend right now, nonetheless, I'm dwelling on this phone call.

I've recieved the first phone call from my boyfriend when he arrived at Parris Island for bootcamp, but I'm worried that I may have missed his second phone call. I've been informed that he has to do some workout before he's eligable for one, but does anyone know around when that would be, or if the number would show up on my phone and claim to be disconnected when a call is returned?

He's been gone for 59 days of his 3 months thus far and I'm just worried I'll miss the call, or possibly already have. Any suggestions, etc.?

JWDevilDog
03-26-09, 11:33 AM
Phone calls are never guaranteed at Parris Island. I had one on Mother's Day (only allowed to call my mom, and only my platoon received that privilege), and not a single one until the day of Marine...

SSgt McCord
04-05-09, 07:19 AM
I agree, KEEP WRITING LETTERS!!! That is one of the most movitaing things to get is MAIL!! My Plt got a phone call once becuause we won inital drill and final drill!! I think we did get 3 phone calls, I think we got our last phone call because we had the highest PFT scores!! We would have got another one for the Range but got beat !!

Just keep writing letters and dont worry before you know it he will be standing on that parade deck and you will be able to see him!!!!

Semper Fi
SSgt McCord

fallen771
04-13-09, 07:51 PM
As said; stick with the letters. When I went through boot I never got a single phone call so be happy you got one. I was promised 2 while in boot for earning them in different events such as pugil sticks and high pft school, but never actually got them. The SDI is gonna determine everything as mentioned. Just hope he's nice about that.

Petz
04-13-09, 07:58 PM
yeah... you'd only have no more than 5 min.s to talk on the phone anyways...

Marine84
04-14-09, 05:49 PM
before you know it he will be standing on that parade deck and you will be able to see him!!!!

And have you heard them women scream when Marines fall out at the end of the ceremony? GOOD LORD! You would think they're at a freakin Justin Timberlake concert! They broke my eardrums and I was sitting waaaaaaaaay down on the other end of the Parade Deck in front of the WM's!

Old Marine
04-14-09, 07:09 PM
They have telephones now in Boot Camp!!!!!!!!!

Never saw a phone while I was in Boot, in fact I knew better to even ask about one.

Petz
04-15-09, 02:17 AM
And have you heard them women scream when Marines fall out at the end of the ceremony? GOOD LORD! You would think they're at a freakin Justin Timberlake concert! They broke my eardrums and I was sitting waaaaaaaaay down on the other end of the Parade Deck in front of the WM's!

since you bring up justin... a DI friend of mine heard a ditty of 'to the rear' as "we're bringing sexy ba-ack" .... female Marines of course... he had to make sure so he fell behind (wasn't in command of the plt at the time) and listened for the second 'to the rear' and there it was...

it's a whole new Corps.

They have telephones now in Boot Camp!!!!!!!!!

Never saw a phone while I was in Boot, in fact I knew better to even ask about one.

only one I knew of was the one in the duty hut, used only by the DIs and when there were red cross messages...

NoRemorse
04-15-09, 07:59 AM
If he gets a phone call prior to liberty (unless liberty is secured, nasty recruits!) then expect him to be a robot depending on who is in the area. We had a mini-drill competition running through a few counts of 'Inspection Arms' and the last man standing got a call home.

Nobody picked up, too bad, so sad. Letters are better though, they're a life line and you can get a lot across. Your guy is getting close. Keep the moto high in your letters to him.

Jaybaker87
11-01-09, 09:42 PM
Hi my name is Tiffany, my husband just recently left for PI on Oct. 26th and I'm not real sure if you'll get another phone call or not while he's in boot camp I know my husband's recruiter told him he has to earn a phone call like knocking someones mouth guard out or something. But I was also hopeing for alittle info. plz, my husband told me to keep the phone beside me that night bc when he had arrived he was going to call me, and trust me I kept it by my side all night. But there was no phone call, is that normal? It's been 6 days now and I still havent heard anything from him. Any info would be really helpful. I'm alittle worried.

Petz
11-01-09, 09:48 PM
did he call his parents? they HAVE to call someone.

If he didn't call them, then talk to your recruiter. They should be able to call down there to see what happened. The last thing anyone wants is a congressman calling to find out why so-an-so didn't contact his wife.

Jaybaker87
11-01-09, 09:54 PM
No I talked to his parents no one has heard from him and I had no missed calls. I talked to his recruiter and he said he wont be able to find anything out until tuesday which will be the 8th day he's been gone. I know I sound whiny but I'm alittle worried I was looking forward to that last phone call bc I know it's very seldom to get a phone call from them while they're there.

montana
11-01-09, 09:56 PM
my wife had a baby while i was in bootcamp...they made me read the telagram to the plt...no phone calls till after graduation one month later...never heard of such a thing??? phone calls in bootcamp!...whats this world comeing too?