PDA

View Full Version : Fleet Week NYC 2009

Books
03-22-09, 08:50 PM
Hey folks,

Do any of the poolees around here want to organize a get-together for fleet week in mid-May? I've been a few times and it's always a blast, but this year will be my first as a poolee. My RSS says it's impossible to keep track of all the poolees so it can't be a pool function to go there, but I'm going to go anyway. Anyone want to go with me? We should plan this in advance if enough poolees in the tri-state want to go.

Respect,
Books

introspect
03-24-09, 07:38 PM
What is fleet week? I don't live in NYC but I was planning to go to the tri-state area in the May/June time frame so I might plan to be there for this. What exactly is it?

Books
03-24-09, 07:45 PM
During "Fleet Week", a lot of USN Warships come up the Hudson River near USS Intrepid and make themselves open to the public. You can go aboard, talk to the crew, go in the aircraft (there usually is an amphib. assault ship), and watch demostrations performed by the crews. It is really a lot of fun. Lots of Marines to talk with too.

Here's the website:

http://www.cnrma.navy.mil/fleetweek/

New York
03-25-09, 02:34 PM
I'll see what my SSgt informs me, books. I'll pm you.

Potato Salad
03-26-09, 04:29 PM
I live in NYC and might be able to go. I don't know if my RSS will go though.

Marine84
03-26-09, 08:00 PM
What exactly is it?

Huntin' season - fresh meat :banana::)

Poolee Vasquez
03-26-09, 08:06 PM
My RSS is in Brooklyn,N.Y. I'll ask my recruiter if they would like to go. If they don't go I'll be there.

Books
03-26-09, 08:29 PM
Huntin' season - fresh meat :banana::)

Now we know what the Australian women are thinking.

NicholasITALY
03-26-09, 08:38 PM
During "Fleet Week", a lot of USN Warships come up the Hudson River near USS Intrepid and make themselves open to the public. You can go aboard, talk to the crew, go in the aircraft (there usually is an amphib. assault ship), and watch demostrations performed by the crews. It is really a lot of fun. Lots of Marines to talk with too.

Here's the website:

http://www.cnrma.navy.mil/fleetweek/

I wish I could be there :iwo:

cocruxified
03-27-09, 01:48 AM
I would love to go but I ship out in May. The 11th to be exact. Do you know the exact date?

0231Marine
03-27-09, 06:54 AM
Now we know what the Australian women are thinking.

You have no idea cockface!

Marine84
03-27-09, 08:07 AM
You have no idea cockface!

LOL!

Phantom Blooper
03-27-09, 08:23 AM
CockFace....How did you get Australia out of Atlanta,GA?:evilgrin:

New York
03-29-09, 04:33 AM
All of the NY(and City) also including the Tri-state who want participate add one another. That way we can plan this accordingly and with organization. All under the age of 17 make you sure get the permission from Mommy/Daddy or whoever is your guardian to go to the Fleet Week Event.

I am saying this publicly now, I hope all of you WILL act appropriately and mature. If anyone here plans on doing or participates in anything inappropriate or degrading to anything(one) in anyway, do not associate yourself with me.

Since no real one person has the power of authority over any of us, in other words when we go as a group, it's as if each person is to their own discretion.

SGT7477
03-29-09, 04:49 AM
Cock Face you better shave,lol.