PDA

View Full Version : I just want to say...

RyanFling
03-18-09, 02:35 PM
Thanks. I know this is only my second posting on this website, but I've been reading all of your replies for the last couple weeks and taking advice from questions others have asked. I am not yet a Poolee, as I don't have a car and the Marine Recruiter nearest me is 45 miles away, but I plan to go see him with the help of a friend by the end of the week. Mainly I've been following fitness advice, as I'm your typical fatbody. I can do the pull-ups to pass the IST along with the crunches, but the running is killing me. Not that I'm gonna quit because of that. My family is not one that is known for its military service, I am a trail blazer in that aspect, but ever since I was probably 4 or 5 years old I knew what I wanted to be: A Marine. So to all you Marines out there thank you for your service to our great country, I can't wait to join your ranks, and to all the poolee's out there who are like me and are having trouble getting into shape don't give up.

NoRemorse
03-18-09, 02:41 PM
You asked before: your profile is acceptable.

Keep pushing.

CplKJSpevak
03-18-09, 03:22 PM
Young Man, Make that Recruiter come pick you up!!

New York
03-18-09, 05:50 PM
Hey Ryan, the key to the lock is not giving on up on your dream. Unfortunately in the United States weigh gain is a problem that is described as a big epidemic. That doesn't mean you have to be apart of it.

Watch what you eat, 2 factors, calorie intake and calories that are burnt. Simple math says if you eat more then what you burn daily, guess what? Weight gain. If you eat a balance amount (proper foods in the food pyramid), weight lose will occur in a proper form, ALONG with EXERCISE. Thus allowing you to even have proper muscle development.

Then again everyone's genes and body metabolism is not the same. So this means you have to find out what works for you. It's tricky, and almost in a trial and error (in the sense that find out what exercise along with diet is giving you results) sort of method.

There is no magic pill or magic work out routine, pure and hard old school work outs. Running your ass off (not to the point of killing yourself) doing them push ups and pull-ups and staying away from activities where you are stationary (other than work unfortunately). Living a active life means a active body which equals a healthy one in shape.

For the Recruiter stuff, Cpl KJSpevak is on point, get him to come get you.

Good luck...

ecfree
03-18-09, 06:49 PM
Hey Ryan,,,NEVER SAY NEVER...:evilgrin:
Keep trying lad...:evilgrin:

SGT7477
03-18-09, 07:17 PM
The recruiter will come to you it's just a phone call away, Good Luck.

sparkie
03-18-09, 09:02 PM
YOU WANT IT???????? YOU GET IT......... WE ain't your Mama,,,,,, but we WILL help. For a Marine, strike "can't" outta the dictonary. Search the threads,,,, Plenty of weight loss 'round here.

Marine84
03-18-09, 09:09 PM
Just remember..................Failure is NOT an option!

Tallboot
03-18-09, 09:12 PM
Push that weight down, even i still just simply suck at runnign dont quit period and youll do fine.

RyanFling
03-19-09, 08:50 PM
Oh I have no intention of quitting. This has been my goal since I was about 9 years old and I'll be damned if I don't make it. When i started out to enlist and get in shape I tipped the scales at 265, now I'm down to 230. I run at least 3 miles everyday (I have been graced with 80 acres of nothing but land to run on), do lat pull downs to work on my pull-ups and of course the good ole fashioned push ups and sit ups. I am determined. I WILL do this.
I'm going in to talk to the Recruiter tomorrow, so I'll know tons more by then.