PDA

View Full Version : A few questions for anyone with answers?

Jrny
03-06-09, 11:24 AM
At my recruiting office i was told i had to pick from 5 different options. i picked them but was figuring id get infantry ( which is kinda what i wanted any way) Recruiters told me everything i picked was unavailable and had to wait for one of them to open up( which sounded wierd to me, but who am i) so a week goes by and i get my mos. B8 mechanical option. Which there is about 30 different jobs under. When do i find out which 1 i get? The recruiters told me after boot? is this true? I want a job where ill be on the line not back at some base organizing ****. Will i get on the lines with this field? if not is there anything i can do to change my mos.

My other question. if everything i chose was unavailable how did my brother go the otherday enlisting as reserve and his only choices were rifleman or airmen. one of the two being what i wanted. he hasnt even taken the asvab yet. i dont understand this. As active duty im getting screwd it seems. :mad:

I will be greatly appreciative to anyone with answers.

Jrny
03-06-09, 11:30 AM
Why would they stop someone from going infantry when there are so many people who pick their mos trying to avoid combat? just thinking about this enrages me

NoRemorse
03-06-09, 11:35 AM
Why would they stop someone from going infantry when there are so many people who pick their mos trying to avoid combat? just thinking about this enrages me

Stop right there... Keep those comments to yourself and fill out your profile. Don't worry about what everyone else is doing. You're responsible for your own trash.

If you ever get to earn the title and join our brotherhood you'll learn a thing or two about those guys supporting combat operations and how much you'll really want to go into combat.

BackhausD
03-06-09, 11:41 AM
You want infantry?
Say you won't sign unless you get infantry.
Infantry was "closed" when I was picking MOS's, I said I'm only going if I get infantry, infantry magically opened up.

Why would they stop someone from going infantry when there are so many people who pick their mos trying to avoid combat?That's quiet the dumbass statement coming from someones that has probably only seen "combat" in COD4.

My other question. if everything i chose was unavailable how did my brother go the otherday enlisting as reserve and his only choices were rifleman or airmen

Because the reserves are different. You only have a few or maybe only one MOS to pick from at the unit you will be going to.

NoRemorse
03-06-09, 11:44 AM
You want infantry?
Say you won't sign unless you get infantry.
Infantry was "closed" when I was picking MOS's, I said I'm only going if I get infantry, infantry magically opened up.

That's quiet the dumbass statement coming from someones that has probably only seen "combat" in COD4.

You, push!

giveen
03-06-09, 11:46 AM
All MOS in the Marine Corps have their part. Its good that you want infantry, but dont stand by and make fun of those who arent in the combat position.

That is unless you dont want pay, food, computer usage, paperwork taken care of, boots issued, weapons repaired etc etc.

KawiGunny
03-06-09, 11:48 AM
That's quiet the dumbass statement coming from someones that has probably only seen "combat" in COD4.

And you saw it where????

Marine84
03-06-09, 11:48 AM
OH GOD!!!! Not another one!!!!!

KawiGunny
03-06-09, 11:49 AM
All MOS in the Marine Corps have their part. Its good that you want infantry, but dont stand by and make fun of those who arent in the combat position.

That is unless you dont want pay, food, computer usage, paperwork taken care of, boots issued, weapons repaired etc etc.

:thumbup:

Johnnyrotten
03-06-09, 11:49 AM
At my recruiting office i was told i had to pick from 5 different options. i picked them but was figuring id get infantry ( which is kinda what i wanted any way) Recruiters told me everything i picked was unavailable and had to wait for one of them to open up( which sounded wierd to me, but who am i) so a week goes by and i get my mos. B8 mechanical option. Which there is about 30 different jobs under. When do i find out which 1 i get? The recruiters told me after boot? is this true? I want a job where ill be on the line not back at some base organizing ****. Will i get on the lines with this field? if not is there anything i can do to change my mos.

My other question. if everything i chose was unavailable how did my brother go the otherday enlisting as reserve and his only choices were rifleman or airmen. one of the two being what i wanted. he hasnt even taken the asvab yet. i dont understand this. As active duty im getting screwd it seems. :mad:

I will be greatly appreciative to anyone with answers.

Your Recruiter can't guarantee you any job. They can however get you locked on in a field that appeals to you. It's my understanding that you find out your exact job in MCT or SOI. (I don't know how true that is since I'm still a poolee.)

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/marinejobs.htm

here is list of all the Marine enlisted jobs w/ descriptions and qualifications.

Make a list of all the ones that appeal to you. Not just one.

NoRemorse
03-06-09, 11:53 AM
OH GOD!!!! Not another one!!!!!

You wouldn't believe how many sacks of popcorn we've already popped today!

BackhausD
03-06-09, 11:54 AM
And you saw it where????

I never claimed that I've seen combat GySgt., but I'm also not the one bashing non combat Marines.
I apologize, it was not my place.

Theboyintrainin
03-06-09, 11:54 AM
Jrny, please remember that everyone who is sent out to a combat zone fights.

Infantry may be the guys who go first and who are trained and drilled the hardest for fighting among normal MOSs (I'd assume they are, sorry if I'm wrong), but you don't have the words 'don't fight me' tattoo'd on your helmet if you aren't infantry.

As far as I know, Mechanical oriented jobs are very often in the battlefield or very close to it (again, I don't know about individual MOSs and I don't have the experience of an actual Marine or even someone who has been in an MOS that serves in or around combat).

EDIT: As the others above said while I was typing: everyone's got their place.

The infantry is SOL if their equipment doesn't work and the mechanics are SOL if no one can fight with/for them while they work. Take pride in the fact that you have the opportunity to try to become a member of this fighting force, do not worry about your task unless your MOS is titled Latrine Scrubber.

Me?

I'm just glad that the recruiter didn't take one look at me and say that I couldn't possibly become a Marine and that it's actually possible for someone like me to be whipped into shape.

KawiGunny
03-06-09, 11:55 AM
Stop right there... Keep those comments to yourself and fill out your profile. Don't worry about what everyone else is doing. You're responsible for your own trash.

If you ever get to earn the title and join our brotherhood you'll learn a thing or two about those guys supporting combat operations and how much you'll really want to go into combat.

Looks like this one is gaffing you off with the profile.

NoRemorse
03-06-09, 11:57 AM
Looks like this one is gaffing you off with the profile.

It's ok, GySgt. His Recruiter's got an 845 area code. That's a max 2 hour or so drive for me. I'll get this kid's freakin' profile filled out :mad:

KawiGunny
03-06-09, 11:57 AM
I never claimed that I've seen combat GySgt., but I'm also not the one bashing non combat Marines.
I apologize, it was not my place.

Ohhhhhhh.....sorry. I thought you were bashing COD4. :beer:

Jrny
03-06-09, 12:07 PM
i apologize to those i offended with my statement about trying to avoid combat. I didnt mean that in a derogatory way the military needs all mos fields i was just simple stating why not give a combat one to someone who is begging to get it. so does anyone know with the field i got if i will get to front lines? again apologies to those i offended i look forward to serving with all of you.

and i know were all respnsiblefor our own crap i simply meant i dont wanna be stuck cleaning a rifle somewhere. and no ive never seen combat and dont know what cod4 even is. that is why im joinin. to help rid the world of terrorists pieces of crap. im not here to bicker about my profile either.lol. keep the helpful answers comin guys. i appreciate it

Jrny
03-06-09, 12:08 PM
Why do you care so much about my profile what do you want to know? im an honest guy ask away.

Jrny
03-06-09, 12:11 PM
im not bashing non combat marines either. i have respect for all marines. my brother was one of the people who wanted to stay around home thats what i meant by avoiding. and hes not the only one i have friends who joined trying to avoid combat. i didnt say anything bad about these people. you are taking my words out of context

NoRemorse
03-06-09, 12:12 PM
Why do you care so much about my profile what do you want to know? im an honest guy ask away.

It's a rule for posting on the site. You're allowed to post here and request help from Marines as long as you follow the rules. If you want to be a Marine you'd better learn how to follow orders to the letter and do it fast.

Besides, the internet is anonymous for the most part. We don't know you from squat so some basic profile info (like the rest of the poolees have filled out) is a necessity to make sure you're not blowing smoke up our azzes.

Marines on here have been known to call recruiters regarding some of their errant poolees and get paid in sweat and tears from said poolees. We've also been known to put in a good word, write letters to recruits and generally provide a ton of moto and knowledge.

If you want access to that here you'll follow the rules or someone may request that the Sgt make you push forever. When you're done with that and need a rest you can sit down... as in wall sit... forever. Arms falling asleep? Arm circles... you guessed it, forever.

What your mind doesn't comprehend in simple instruction your body will comprehend in abject pain.

Now square your trash away, poolee.

Jrny
03-06-09, 12:13 PM
Your Recruiter can't guarantee you any job. They can however get you locked on in a field that appeals to you. It's my understanding that you find out your exact job in MCT or SOI. (I don't know how true that is since I'm still a poolee.)

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/marinejobs.htm

here is list of all the Marine enlisted jobs w/ descriptions and qualifications.

Make a list of all the ones that appeal to you. Not just one.

Thank you for focusing on the questions i had

KawiGunny
03-06-09, 12:14 PM

Site rules.....since you are questioning simple site rules, maybe you need to join the Army. The don't mind being question. Fill out your profile or log off. No one is going to give you details till then.:evilgrin: