PDA

View Full Version : Taking Chance

Gnetics
03-04-09, 02:12 AM
Just watched the movie..wow that movie was good. Got a lil sand in my eye but its all good. Makes me want to go out and earn that title even faster. Thanks to all the service men and women that have come before us and protect our country, may god bless and look over you all.

If anyone wants to watch the movie go right ahead its on HBO...and if you dont have HBO like me, well follow the links at the bottom of the post and watch it from your computer. :flag:

Links:
1. http://www.supernovatube.com/human.php?viewkey=1211433010 ... click on the "I am human let me watch" button and it will redirect and load movie.

2. http://divxvine.com/m7g54krjc7vv/QFN-TKNCHNC.avi.html
Loads right on that page..you may have to scroll down just a bit.

3. http://megavideo.com/?v=GDVX1NNS
Loads on page. Just click Play to start. may autostart

Hope you all enjoy.

ThundaFromUnda
03-04-09, 02:27 AM
Good ****, I've been thinking about posting those links haha. Great move aye mate? Definitely a keeper.

Quinbo
03-04-09, 03:43 AM
Thanks for the drop

Dale0817
03-04-09, 04:17 AM
This movie was incredible.

0231Marine
03-04-09, 06:53 AM
Trivia: Can any of you poolee's who have seen the movie tell me why the Lt. Col. would not remove his Alpha blouse when going through airport security?

blackshirts
03-04-09, 12:22 PM
Just watched the movie..wow that movie was good. Got a lil sand in my eye but its all good. Makes me want to go out and earn that title even faster. Thanks to all the service men and women that have come before us and protect our country, may god bless and look over you all.

If anyone wants to watch the movie go right ahead its on HBO...and if you dont have HBO like me, well follow the links at the bottom of the post and watch it from your computer. :flag:

Links:
1. http://www.supernovatube.com/human.php?viewkey=1211433010 ... click on the "I am human let me watch" button and it will redirect and load movie.

2. http://divxvine.com/m7g54krjc7vv/QFN-TKNCHNC.avi.html
Loads right on that page..you may have to scroll down just a bit.

3. http://megavideo.com/?v=GDVX1NNS
Loads on page. Just click Play to start. may autostart

Hope you all enjoy.
Weird...I had just got done watching that on your first link at 1:50 am and was going to post this today.

blackshirts
03-04-09, 12:23 PM
Trivia: Can any of you poolee's who have seen the movie tell me why the Lt. Col. would not remove his Alpha blouse when going through airport security?
Because he would be out of uniform?

immaproshooter
03-04-09, 12:40 PM
he wouldnt of been out of uniform, learn the different forms of uniforms you can wear, try again..you can take the service coat off and it makes it a different uniform with the blouse and trousers.....he would have went from dress blue bravos, to dress blue charlies or in case of service uniform it would be from service alphas to service bravos, but theres a different reason for the not taking it off

sjfobbe
03-04-09, 12:53 PM
The Lt. Col. didn't want to show any kind of disrespect toward the uniform. Great film too. Very moving.

Fubar5812
03-04-09, 02:43 PM
let that be a lesson to you poolees,I learned it on my plane ride back from P.I...you are NOT required to take off your shoes or blouse if you are in uniform,no matter what they say.they can screen you privately if they wish.

KawiGunny
03-04-09, 02:53 PM
he wouldnt of been out of uniform, learn the different forms of uniforms you can wear, try again..you can take the service coat off and it makes it a different uniform with the blouse and trousers.....he would have went from dress blue bravos, to dress blue charlies or in case of service uniform it would be from service alphas to service bravos, but theres a different reason for the not taking it off

I know it's been a while since I read up on that uniform but it used to just be authorized while on a military base. Guess it's changed.

immaproshooter
03-04-09, 03:01 PM
With all due respect not tryin to make you look bad Gunny, but here is the txt from the unfirom regulations.

"The service "B" uniform (with long sleeve shirt and tie) is the
same as the service "A" uniform except that the service coat is not worn.
This uniform may be worn as the uniform of the day and for leave and
liberty, unless otherwise prescribed by the commander, and may be
prescribed for formations at parades or ceremonies on and off the military
activity. This uniform will not be worn for formal or semi-formal social
events."

-for poolees: which is why he was wearing his civies at the bar that night

SGT7477
03-04-09, 05:05 PM
That was an outstanding movie but his salute kept getting worse, my wife says boy are you picky, I said you got that right if you want to portray a Marine get it right.

60Days
03-04-09, 05:45 PM
The airport security screener played as Sgt. Pilla in Black Hawk Down. Great movie... very cool people were being so respectful, even civilians.

usmc2007
03-04-09, 05:57 PM
Awesome movie. It motivated me to get off my *** and get back to Parris Island.

YOU OVERRIDE THE CENSOR AGAIN AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT I CAN DO...WINKY WINK

JWG
03-04-09, 06:35 PM
Definitely had some tears trying to escape when I watched it. Glad they represented the Marines in the manner they deserve and definitely honored the fallen Marine and the respect shown by all very well.

Great movie!

STAY MOTO!

Capital M
03-04-09, 08:02 PM
Thanks for posting this! I had my parents DVR it so I could watch it when I got home from school. Now I don't have to wait those 2 months.

Rotella
03-04-09, 10:29 PM
Excellent movie. Thanks for the post.

jungholee90
03-04-09, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the link, I'll try to watch sometime soon.
It's funny how this thread started right after one of my schoolhouse Sergeants told us about this movie and the Uniform.

Did you know, for any movie about the Marine Corps, if the actor/actress did not actually serve in the Marines, he/she must have, throughout the movie, at least 5 things on or about the Uniform that are out of regulation or wrong?
(One example he told us is that the insignia on the buttons of the Dress Blues Blouse the dead actor is wearing are not straight upright but turned around, etc.)

I need to start watching all those movies again to find out if this is really true lol.

Jyates383
03-04-09, 11:52 PM
Awesome movie, very sad. Thank you to all of you that have served and are still serving, and thank you to all who have given the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.

0231Marine
03-05-09, 06:44 AM
It's funny how this thread started right after one of my schoolhouse Sergeants told us about this movie and the Uniform.

Did you know, for any movie about the Marine Corps, if the actor/actress did not actually serve in the Marines, he/she must have, throughout the movie, at least 5 things on or about the Uniform that are out of regulation or wrong?
(One example he told us is that the insignia on the buttons of the Dress Blues Blouse the dead actor is wearing are not straight upright but turned around, etc.)

I need to start watching all those movies again to find out if this is really true lol.

Where did you hear that at? Not disputing it but just curious. I looked over Kevin Bacon's uniform pretty hard since he wore it the whole movie and it looked pretty squared away. Maybe I missed something but it sure looked like he could have passed a uniform inspection.

0231Marine
03-05-09, 06:48 AM
Because he would be out of uniform?

You're half right. You still don't answer why he would be out of uniform.

Answer is, he was on duty (like he said when refusing an alcoholic drink after boarding the first plane). A Marine on duty must remain in his uniform that is required for that duty regardless of any circumstances that present itself.

Just as on base, MP's on duty and carrying their sidearm will remain covered (wearing their 8 point cover) at all times, even when inside a building. This is why you will see Marines with sidearms or a duty belt with their covers on inside of the px or the chow hall.

If he would have removed his Alpha blouse, he would have been out of the required uniform for his duty and that's why he refused to take it off.

Quinbo
03-05-09, 07:48 AM
I have also heard the tale that actors can not wear authentic to the letter uniforms. If you watch a few good men kevin bacon and jack nicholson both look pretty squared away to me.

immaproshooter
03-05-09, 09:18 AM
Just as on base, MP's on duty and carrying their sidearm will remain covered (wearing their 8 point cover) at all times, even when inside a building. This is why you will see Marines with sidearms or a duty belt with their covers on inside of the px or the chow hall.

which recruits will understand when they get to boot and miss out on sleep doing firewatch

KawiGunny
03-05-09, 11:23 AM

I used to look at the uniforms when I was a young pup. Always wanted to make sure things were right. After a while I realized that I was missing the movie. Don't worry about their unforms. Just watch the movie's and enjoy them for the entertainment they were made for. Watch it a second time if you want to nitpick.

0231Marine
03-05-09, 12:14 PM
I used to look at the uniforms when I was a young pup. Always wanted to make sure things were right. After a while I realized that I was missing the movie. Don't worry about their unforms. Just watch the movie's and enjoy them for the entertainment they were made for. Watch it a second time if you want to nitpick.

I'm of that mindset as well but the one thing I can never overlook and it drives me crazy is in "A Few Good Men" when LCpl Harold W. Dawson salutes Lt. Caffert inside the courtroom at the end of the movie. Just makes me want to scream at the T.V. for ruining an otherwise accurate and entertaining movie.

Poolee's, remember that Marines do not salute indoors.

KawiGunny
03-05-09, 12:28 PM
I'm of that mindset as well but the one thing I can never overlook and it drives me crazy is in "A Few Good Men" when LCpl Harold W. Dawson salutes Lt. Caffert inside the courtroom at the end of the movie. Just makes me want to scream at the T.V. for ruining an otherwise accurate and entertaining movie.

I hear ya brother. That part has always p!ssed me off too.:devious:

Fubar5812
03-05-09, 03:32 PM
try watching the max payne movie....that "Marine Sgt" depicted in the movie is wearing sgt 1st class army rank(looks like our gunny without the crossed rifles) on his collar in his picture then wearing LT bars during a interview on a video they watch (he'se still a sgt) later,drives me NUTS!

Alisium
03-05-09, 04:03 PM
I have also heard the tale that actors can not wear authentic to the letter uniforms. If you watch a few good men kevin bacon and jack nicholson both look pretty squared away to me.

That's gotta be an urban legend. I heard that as well. But, when you think out it, it doesn't make sense that the Marine Corps can tell Hollywood what to do in anything other than in an official capacity. That can't be legal.

BR34
03-05-09, 07:57 PM

Kinda like the Army chic on Taking Chance at Dover that saluted, outside, while uncovered, the LtCol before he departed with the PFC.

jungholee90
03-05-09, 08:35 PM
Where did you hear that at? Not disputing it but just curious. I looked over Kevin Bacon's uniform pretty hard since he wore it the whole movie and it looked pretty squared away. Maybe I missed something but it sure looked like he could have passed a uniform inspection.

It was one of the Sergeants in my school, when we were waiting for MSgt. to come and talk to the class we were talking about the difference between the three Tie Clasps (Pvt-Sgt, SSgt and up, and then the Officers) and then the topic just switched to the movies about the Marine Corps. I don't know if it's true though.

Yes Gunny, I make sure I enjoy the movie, and then when I don't have life I just watch again for the heck of it haha.

0231Marine
03-06-09, 05:40 AM
Kinda like the Army chic on Taking Chance at Dover that saluted, outside, while uncovered, the LtCol before he departed with the PFC.

No, not at all like that. That Army female was within Army regs when she saluted outside without a cover or blouse. The Army has different orders and regulations regarding those things and one is that they can render a salute in any uniform, including pt gear. It's pretty nasty to see in real life but as long as it's an order, I can't call it wrong. However, that is just one simple example of what seperates the Marines from the Army.

Reminds me of being in Kuwait which was a no salute area for Marines but the Army did salute, especially in pt gear and there were Army Lt's and Captains who would walk past a group of us and then come back and ask why we didn't salute him. I told one, "Sir, with all do respect, this is a combat zone and I don't want to identify you as a target for a sniper." He seemed to get the hint and moved on. I have no issues giving the proper greeting of the day but saluting is a no go when not authorized.

shnon89
03-09-09, 02:49 PM
It was a well made movie. I like Heartbreak Ridge better. My favorite part in the movie is when hes on the plane. The girl next to him is texting....hot soldier....actually its Marine. You guys know the part...LOL.

Gnetics
03-10-09, 02:17 PM
Haha yea that was one of the best parts! Yup Heartbreak ridge is a good one too, any movie with Bad *** Clint Eastwood is good.

YOU OVERRIDE THAT CENSOR AGAIN AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT I CAN DO>>>WINKY WINK

underdogBJJ
05-31-09, 11:11 AM
My eyes watered up several times during the movie. My thoughts and prayers go out to the fallen Marines family.

AMBruce
05-31-09, 11:38 AM
I think it is a actual law somewhere that the actors can not wear 100% accurate uniforms, in most movies you can usually find something wrong with their uniform.

But yeah, I loved the movie, very good.