PDA

View Full Version : Just got back.

x515xevil
02-28-09, 11:42 AM
Just got back from MCRD last night. Best 3 months of my life. Had a great time.

PaidinBlood
02-28-09, 11:57 AM
Just got back from MCRD last night. Best 3 months of my life. Had a great time.

So.....you're a......Marine now? :banana:

http://www.cbu.edu/%7Eseisen/Duh02.jpg

BackhausD
02-28-09, 12:05 PM
LOL...yea I was going to say Congratulations Marine, but....you never know.

Whatever

Congratulations Marine.

SGT7477
02-28-09, 12:18 PM
Congrats if you are a Marine,Semper FI.

Gunner 0313
02-28-09, 12:59 PM
:flag: How he talked about it sounded like he just got back from fu ckin summer camp.

PaidinBlood
02-28-09, 01:15 PM
How he talked about it sounded like he just got back from fu ckin summer camp.

Must be talking about Paradise Island...:D

http://www.thinctanc.co.uk/photography/images/2006/paradise_island/paradise_island_05.jpg

Gunner 0313
02-28-09, 01:19 PM
Must be talking about Paradise Island...:D

http://www.thinctanc.co.uk/photography/images/2006/paradise_island/paradise_island_05.jpg

:flag: You Hollywood Boys are funny !!!

PaidinBlood
02-28-09, 01:22 PM
Do our best...ooo! Sand Fleas! oo! :banana:

Semper Fi y'all

immaproshooter
02-28-09, 01:50 PM
lol

BR34
02-28-09, 04:52 PM
That picture actually looks WAYYYY more like Pendleton/San Diego than P.I. And that girl's hair is about the length of the typical west coast male Marines'.

Congrats, x515xevil

immaproshooter
02-28-09, 09:45 PM
hes got a very valid point

Donut Brigade
02-28-09, 10:50 PM
All of you are haters.

PaidinBlood
02-28-09, 10:58 PM
http://holamun2.com/files/images/mun2-images/freejoles/stop-sippin-haterade.gif

immaproshooter
03-01-09, 12:01 AM
lol...not hatin just a lil brotherly love

x515xevil
03-01-09, 12:27 AM
yeah i'm a marine now... i was in San Diego.... no summer camp i just loved the training and how fit you get when you are there. there where times when i hated it tho. never forget the longest 13 weeks of my life tho.

PaidinBlood
03-01-09, 01:35 AM
Well congrats then, Marine... Semper Fi

BR34
03-01-09, 01:42 AM
It's funny. I've been on Edson Range for the last week, killing paper and what-not.

I didn't see a single recruit humping anywhere OTHER THAN the streets around the squad bays/ranges/chow hall/etc. We actually had to wait for them to pass by our cars in the parking lot when we were trying to leave, because they were on their Cruicible patrols...they can't even aim their rifles at anything because there are cars and people EVERYWHERE! What happened to all that "we climb really tall hills!" talk I always here? They didn't even leave the pavement. They were cleaner than me!!!

There is no point to this post other than to say MCRD SD sucks!

PaidinBlood
03-01-09, 01:51 AM
Crucible heads a bit up into the hills and what not. We started from the barracks at Edson Range and spent most of the time in between ER and that hilltop camp where LAAD and MCTSSA are. the reaper walk is the other way past the pistol ranges towards R131 Mout town. No it is not some Bear Gryllz survivor shi t :scared: but I actually had NO clue how close to civilization we were 'til after I got to the fleet and had a house over here and was driving around. Seems funny now but the DIs do a bada$s job of completing the effect. If you get a chance, drive up that hill and you can see the Million Dollar Head, 12 Stalls, and a few other events all from that road. Note the Ambulance pickup signs...:banana:

disclaimer-not pretending this somehow makes us all badas$, just sayin' there's more to the hills than meets the eye... kinda like those transformer fellows :thumbup:

BR34
03-01-09, 01:57 AM
Yea, I shot on one of the pistol ranges back there. Has a hill in front of it with a recruit head on top, don't know if it that range has a name or not. But I did notice the ambulance pick up signs. It's also weird to see all the recruits limping around after the crucible. Since they recieve their EGA right afterward we would always see them in pairs going to the PX and stuff...holding their canteens parallel to the deck, and calling us "sir". It's ****ing hilarious being around recruits!

immaproshooter
03-01-09, 02:02 AM
**** right afterwords?...... we had another week after the crucible where we still had final drill and bunch of paper work and final travel arrangements and all and then the next to last day we had the motto run and the EGA ceremony and the next day was last day on island and that was graduation

BR34
03-01-09, 02:08 AM
Yea, they set up on the parade deck across from Alpha range at Edson. When they get back from the Crucible they're given their EGAs. It was changed some time last year I think. They made it go back to the way it was a few years ago. I got to see the recruits cleaning the ground (with leaf blowers) and setting up the flags, but I missed the actual ceremony. Probably would have been pretty cool to see.

immaproshooter
03-01-09, 02:31 AM
wow...sounds like they have some luxuries there in hollywood

jetdoc
03-01-09, 08:39 AM
Congrats Jim and welcome to the brotherhood....bro

jungholee90
03-01-09, 10:14 PM
Congratulations Devil Dog! Enjoy your leave, you earned it.