PDA

View Full Version : GED Waiver question (Recruiters help!)

ZombieHunt
02-27-09, 12:10 AM
EDIT: Realized too late that this was probably the wrong forum, mods please move if appropriate

I'm joining The Marines as my civilian life seems to be one big pot of boring and I've wanted to be a Marine since I was 12 (I'm 22, Now)

I keep hearing murmurings that a GED waiver can be given to me even though i'm not in the same state as this Hypothetical recruiting station by Signing up with them.

IF this is true, would I have to go there for MEPS or any other processes? could it be handled by an office here?

No worries if this isn't possible, I intend to enroll in community college and get my 15 credits so no waiver is needed. just seeing if my dream can come true a little sooner.

P.S. anyone consider it inappropriate for non-Marines to say Semper Fi? I had a Marine say it to me as a parting gesture and wasn't sure if my returning it would be a smart idea.

thanks to all who read.

Marine84
02-27-09, 07:50 AM
Welcome aboard and PLEASE do a search for the other 2,315,698,000 threads about what it will take to get in the Corps with a GED.

But first, take a moment to read the sticky threads about rules & regs around here.

lowkeys760
03-02-09, 05:40 PM
you can join with GED, yes you will need waiver just make sure you dont have any tattoos, drug, or criminal problems, also it depends on MEPS if they have any openings for GED's to join and then you have oppertunity. Also as you mentioned if you have the 15 colege units that are transferable then it will make it that much easier to join.

immaproshooter
03-02-09, 06:33 PM
you can get in with tattoos and without the college credits with a GED all it takes is waivers, i had a few tattoos and i have my GED and no college credits at all, and i even had to get an additional waiver for not shipping on my original ship date cause i didnt ship for personal reasons , my advice is go to your local recruiter and ask them, let them know your situation dont leave anythign out that way they will know what they need to do to get your ass in as quick as they can