PDA

View Full Version : Join the Corps with Mild Mild Encephalopathy? (Link to wiki inside)

Tylerhawkins
02-26-09, 04:07 PM
There is a chance that as a small child I was diagnosed with Mild Encephalopathy. Will this effect my chances to join the USMC:usmc:? As far as I know, I dont even show symptoms... Additional Details

Depending on the type and severity of encephalopathy, common neurological symptoms are progressive loss of memory and cognitive ability, subtle personality changes, inability to concentrate, lethargy, and progressive loss of consciousness. Other neurological symptoms may include myoclonus (involuntary twitching of a muscle or group of muscles), nystagmus (rapid, involuntary eye movement), tremor, muscle atrophy and weakness, dementia, seizures, and loss of ability to swallow or speak. Blood tests, spinal fluid examination, imaging studies, electroencephalograms, and similar diagnostic studies may be used to differentiate the various causes of encephalopathy.
As far as I am concerned, I dont show any of these symptoms. I emailed the doc that tested me as a child for more info.

rvillac2
02-26-09, 11:11 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59447