PDA

View Full Version : A question about M.O.S.'s

DevilPup_2003
06-26-03, 12:12 AM
I have recently been looking through the M.O.S. listings in my search for a job I could enjoy. Right now I have a few different categories I'm interested in...I was just wondering if I could get some opinions from any Marines out there who may have had experience with these career choices. I've got quite a few here, but right now I'm trying to get a general view just so I can find one that's open as well. Right now I've been looking at the Media field (photography), Public Relations, Legal, Intelligence, Aviation Ops (UAV Operator), and recently my recruiter told me to try for Cryptological Linguistics...sounds cool...he explained it a bit and I signed up to take the D Lab test next wednesday. To be honest I don't have a clue what that test includes and my recruiter didn't really know himself what it was about. If any of you could provide info. on what the test may contain that would also be much appreciated. Basically any info. that anyone can give me on any of these careers or the test would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so very much for your help.

Semper Fi everyone! :marine:

NYLady13
06-26-03, 08:31 AM
I don't know much about Cryptological Linguistics, but there is a website, if you have never heard of it and it may be helpful
WWW.MilitaryCareers.COM

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-26-03, 11:20 AM
They're all fine choices. I know a little about UAV operatpr (My gf was one) and intel (my best friend is one). I've met some of the linguists, they seem to love it, but all agree that the school was really difficult. Public Relations and JAG Corps are both places where enlisted people aren't the real focus, but you can still have a great time. Just surf the web and you will find info about all of the jobs, and you can rest assured that you'll find they are all very good jobs with their own set of challanges. Just remember, you're always a rifleman first.

jenrmurray
06-26-03, 01:25 PM
ooh! Also an awesome site is www.about.military.com.. they've got job descriptions for every MOS out there.

DevilPup_2003
06-26-03, 02:46 PM
Thanks everyone for your input...I've been to a lot of the websites...I'm just looking for more..."in depth" information on most of the jobs. More of the things that the web sites won't tell you. People that have personally experienced something or known someone that has can always give a better idea of what the whole deal is, in my opinion. They give such basic information on most websites, but thanks for your input so far. Keep the good stuff coming. :)

DevilPup_2003
06-26-03, 03:08 PM
Well I took another look around on about.com's military sites. I did find all I need to know about the DLAB. I'd been all up and down that site, but I guess there's always something more on there. So I have all I need about the DLAB, but anything else anyone can give me on the rest would be so very much appreciated.

btrogu
06-26-03, 04:33 PM
Try to get a M.O.S. that can help you get a job if you decide not to retire in the Marines. I wanted to be a M.P. but there were no slots so I took a Reservist spot as a machinegunner. I enjoyed it but looking back now, I really should of did more research. Not many employers looking for a machinegunner right now.

Good luck