PDA

View Full Version : Honor Grad

PooleeWickline
02-24-09, 01:25 PM
I was wondering what DI's look for when they choose Honor Graduates from Platoons.

RYDERKUR
02-24-09, 01:26 PM
Certainly not the lack of initiative you used in not searching for this for finding your own answers!

NoRemorse
02-24-09, 01:37 PM
Certainly not the lack of initiative you used in not searching for this for finding your own answers!

Geez, I almost snapped to after reading that.

Semper Fi. :flag:

thedrifter
02-24-09, 01:45 PM
Geez, I almost snapped to after reading that.

Semper Fi. :flag:

:bunny:

SGT7477
02-24-09, 02:51 PM
I was wondering what DI's look for when they choose Honor Graduates from Platoons.
Every DI is different, have you got what it takes is the question?:flag:

BackhausD
02-24-09, 04:46 PM
For starters show justice, judgement, dependability, initiative, decisiveness, tact, integrity, enthusiasm, bearing, unselfishness, courage, knowledge, loyalty and endurance, have a 300 PFT, shoot very well on the range, know your knowledge, know your drill and don't fold under the pressure.

Rocky C
02-24-09, 05:19 PM
For starters show justice, judgement, dependability, initiative, decisiveness, tact, integrity, enthusiasm, bearing, unselfishness, courage, knowledge, loyalty and endurance, have a 300 PFT, shoot very well on the range, know your knowledge, know your drill and don't fold under the pressure.

Did you Google that??????

Rocky

giveen
02-24-09, 05:35 PM
Did you Google that??????

Rocky
If he didnt, I would say I am impressed.

Zulu 36
02-24-09, 05:55 PM
I don't know about the rest of you Marines, but in my platoon we had an election for honor man.

The guy we elected didn't get it. :D

SGT7477
02-24-09, 06:06 PM
That's what it takes to be a good MARINE.:D

SGT7477
02-24-09, 06:07 PM
I don't know about the rest of you Marines, but in my platoon we had an election for honor man.

Was he a ****bird?:D

BackhausD
02-24-09, 06:16 PM
Did you Google that??????No L/Cpl, it's what I picked up from Marines I know, my recruiter and this site.

Zulu 36
02-24-09, 06:18 PM
Was he a ****bird?:D
No, actually he had been the guide or a squad leader all through boot camp. In fact, he was guide when we had the election. I still think he would have been the better choice. He was smart, a sh*t hot private, and a good leader.

When I was in Vietnam, I had an occasion to go to the 1st ANGLICO detachment office in Saigon. Guess who was already a sergeant barely one year after we graduated boot camp? Yep, the guy who didn't make honor man. He was the detachment's admin chief.

I had just made meritorious corporal and he was already a sergeant. I was very happy to see him as a sergeant and I'm sure he earned it, even if it was so quickly.

jetdoc
02-26-09, 08:28 PM

Now that's funny Zu. :D