PDA

View Full Version : Pool Function

ElDiablo
02-24-09, 11:57 AM
So for this month's Pool Function we went to the local National Guard Base and used their weapons simulator. It was freaking awesome! We got to use the M16 w/ M203, the M249, M240, and Berettas. It was by far one of the coolest functions yet. Anyone else done this or anything else as cool? My recruiters need ideas to get more guests interested in actually joining.

kash
02-24-09, 01:44 PM
We do PT for our pool functions and learn knowledge. Its fun and motivating.

ae2155
02-24-09, 02:50 PM
We went to a reserve unit in Trenton, NJ and used the weapons simulators and also tried on the chemical suits it was pretty cool.

SGT7477
02-24-09, 02:53 PM
So for this month's Pool Function we went to the local National Guard Base and used their weapons simulator. It was freaking awesome! We got to use the M16 w/ M203, the M249, M240, and Berettas. It was by far one of the coolest functions yet. Anyone else done this or anything else as cool? My recruiters need ideas to get more guests interested in actually joining.
The guard is trying to lure you away.:evilgrin:

Duffman008
02-24-09, 03:44 PM
For the monthly pool fuction where we go do something all day, we will be going on March 7th to the Reserve Center to try the simulator. I'm pretty excited for it, this past month we went and took apart M16A2's and put them back together.

dhenderson88
02-24-09, 04:10 PM

I actually shot said weapons...I guess that's as cool. :p :bunny:

BigGunz90
02-24-09, 04:23 PM
I'm pretty sure this Saturday we're going paintballing then to the Reserve center in South Bend and shoot AT-4s, M16s etc.

HammerOfJustice
02-24-09, 05:51 PM
Last Saturday we went to Camp Pendleton to run the O Course.

That was extremely motivating.

ae2155
02-24-09, 05:58 PM
Last Saturday we went to Camp Pendleton to run the O Course.

That was extremely motivating.

yea that must of been motivating being as that's where you'll be for boot camp and all.

kash
02-24-09, 06:17 PM
This Saturday we have Family Day. We have a male and female Drill Instructor coming up from Parris Island to give us a "preview". Should have some pictures and maybe a video.

BackhausD
02-24-09, 06:18 PM
We just did PT and some drill...good enough for me.

kash
02-24-09, 08:06 PM
We just did PT and some drill...good enough for me.
yep!

Tom88
02-24-09, 08:42 PM
My girlfriend works at a rock climbing gym so she's trying to set up an event for us to do a ropes course or something like that one weekend. Might be kind of fun if there's a gym in your area. We also had the static weapons event last weekend.

immaproshooter
02-25-09, 01:29 AM
you should inquire about using sim rounds instead of jsut going paint ball, its alot more fun and stings quite a bit more then a paintball...lol...not to mention alot better training

ElDiablo
02-25-09, 07:51 AM
For the monthly pool fuction where we go do something all day, we will be going on March 7th to the Reserve Center to try the simulator. I'm pretty excited for it, this past month we went and took apart M16A2's and put them back together.

We did the same thing a couple months ago. We went to the same National Guard base we did the simulator at and we stripped them and put them back together. It was pretty fun. :banana:

Tookie22
02-25-09, 10:26 AM
Last saturday our poolee function was paintballing. On March 27 we are having a D.I Night. We were told to invite our family and friends for a night of entertainment... =)

ElDiablo
02-25-09, 01:06 PM
According to my recruiters we can't go paintballing because of safety or something. But if we happened to "meet" and go...

Duffman008
02-25-09, 04:46 PM
Every pool function that we have had that was considered dangerous we signed waivers for the USMC and the place we would be going to. Maybe mention that to them.

Gnetics
02-25-09, 04:48 PM
Our Poolee functions so far have been PT, followed by PT. and when we got back we did some PT. lol

Gunner614
02-25-09, 07:18 PM
On my last pool function we went to Pendelton and checked out the barracks and the mess hall and all of that kind of suff. Then Gunny proceeded to PT us into the ground......

KaBar762
02-25-09, 10:29 PM
My pool function (first) we did a little bit of MCMAPS. It involved us beating the crap out of each other's arms and legs to numb the nerves. Talk about being sore for the next few days. It was fun though. We also did some relays that were some what like the CFT (is that right?). I look forward to the next function.

immaproshooter
02-27-09, 10:38 AM
lol...wait until you get into the real MCMAP......

Thrice
02-27-09, 06:42 PM
Here are some of the things we've done, or are going to do, at pool functions:
1.) Jeopardy (every wrong answer you do an exercise.)
2.) Weekend camping trip with another RSS.
3.) Combat Fitness Test.
4.) Run the IST. Afterward had a seminar on MCMAP and practice a few of the basics.
5.) Run the IST and then had a seminar on weapons.
6.) A circuit course.
7.) We were supposed to do a log obstacle course, and eat MREs, but that fell through.

And in November for the celebration of the Marine Corps birthday, we went to a local VFW lodge. Met some of the great people there, then one of the recruiters read the Commandant's message, had a ceremonial cutting of the cake, ate some of the cake, watched a movie, and learned about Marine customs and traditions.

BackhausD
02-27-09, 07:18 PM
What the hell. We do PT, followed by PT, maybe a little drill in there, followed by PT. I like it. We don't need your fancy stuff lol.

kash
02-27-09, 07:33 PM
What the hell. We do PT, followed by PT, maybe a little drill in there, followed by PT. I like it. We don't need your fancy stuff lol.
:thumbup:

BR34
02-27-09, 07:36 PM
shoot AT-4s, M16s etc.

I'm skeptical. Unless yall just fire the practice 9mm rounds out of em.

immaproshooter
02-27-09, 07:37 PM
kid....you dont even know what real PT is

immaproshooter
02-27-09, 07:38 PM
lol ya id assume it was the 9mm as well...itd be too expensive otherwise

BackhausD
02-27-09, 08:04 PM
kid....you dont even know what real PT is

Yes L/Cpl. Probably not, but that is all we ever do at my poolee meetings and I love it.

BR34
02-27-09, 09:21 PM
Yes L/Cpl. Probably not

DOUBLE NEGATIVE!!!

Okay, I'm REALLY bored!!!

BackhausD
02-27-09, 10:21 PM
DOUBLE NEGATIVE!!!

Okay, I'm REALLY bored!!!

Rephrase :nerd:

Yes L/Cpl. I probably don't know what real PT is, but that is all we ever do at my poolee meetings and I love it.

immaproshooter
02-28-09, 08:27 AM
well what most of u dont understand...is you think PT is all you are gonna do. sadly you are mistaken, we dont make wanna bees into Marines but only PTing them into the ground we also cram their minds full of history and knowledge and drill them on the parade deck like theres no tomorrow...it is everything combined. so saying you dont need the fancy stuff. you are sadly mistaken they will just have a slight advantage over you when it comes down to other things

BackhausD
02-28-09, 10:07 AM
well what most of u dont understand...is you think PT is all you are gonna do. sadly you are mistaken, we dont make wanna bees into Marines but only PTing them into the ground we also cram their minds full of history and knowledge and drill them on the parade deck like theres no tomorrow...it is everything combined. so saying you dont need the fancy stuff. you are sadly mistaken they will just have a slight advantage over you when it comes down to other things

Oh no, By fancy stuff, I meant going to the National Guard Base and firing off weapons or going paint balling with your RS...things like that.
We do drill and knowledge also, just not as much as PT.
I apologize if I mislead you LCpl.

Rotella
03-01-09, 10:05 AM
My recruiter's trying to book us a slamball court. That should be pretty crazy.

immaproshooter
03-01-09, 11:06 AM
heres some advice see if there is any pools in the area that will allow you to wear clothes in it.....most wont allow it..if there is pick you up soem used camis. and and old pair of boots and practice swimming

kash
03-01-09, 11:26 AM
our pool function yesterday was a Family Day. I meet a Drill Instructor from 1st Battalion Bravo Company and hes going to be looking out for me since he will be down there at the time I go.

immaproshooter
03-01-09, 12:07 PM
LMAO....sucks for you

kash
03-01-09, 12:33 PM
whoops forgot to add his name. Sgt. Billings (i think I spelled it right)

immaproshooter
03-01-09, 02:39 PM
but seriously if you want to get on his good side or any other DI's good side jsut call em Sarge,

immaproshooter
03-01-09, 02:40 PM
they will make you their best friend for the rest of your time there

cocruxified
03-01-09, 05:10 PM
PT and knowledge is more than enough for me.

Rotella
03-01-09, 06:16 PM
"but seriously if you want to get on his good side or any other DI's good side jsut call em Sarge." They wouldn't think that is disrespectful?

BackhausD
03-01-09, 06:22 PM
Yes, call them Sarge and when you have to take a dump say "hey you, guy with the funny hat, I gotta question, let me go take a sh!t now before I do it all over your hut"

sarcasm, Rotella, sarcasm

immaproshooter
03-01-09, 06:53 PM
lol...no they wont think of it as disrespectful they will think of it as an invitation for fun and play time

ae2155
03-03-09, 09:57 PM
On the 14th of this month were getting together and doing an IST.

BackhausD
03-07-09, 02:17 PM
I just had a poolee function today where we went up to MEPS and competed against another RSS in the IST. We RAPED them.
On top of that, there were two DIs there having fun. Tell you the truth, it was kind of fun. But that wasn't the island and I got to go home at the end of the day. The only down side is that I have no voice right now. Just put out and fu*king SCREAM and they will leave you alone. Say something, AYE SIR, YES SIR, NO SIR, FU*K YOU SIR....anything is better than looking like a bi*ch with your mouth closed. I wouldn't recomend the last one though.
They made a poolee cry haha.

ae2155
03-07-09, 03:19 PM
haha yea when I do that Ill just stick with the first three

JRigg
03-07-09, 03:51 PM
whoops forgot to add his name. Sgt. Billings (i think I spelled it right)

My girl looked it up and i beleive he may be one of my DI's as i will be in 1st btn Bravo Company. Graduating hopefully June 26th i think it is.

BackhausD
03-07-09, 05:52 PM
My girl looked it up and i beleive he may be one of my DI's as i will be in 1st btn Bravo Company. Graduating hopefully June 26th i think it is.

Haha that blows. At least you have a chance of not being in his platoon.

kash
03-07-09, 06:37 PM
I feel for you....also dont let your g/f send cookies....he will eat them in front of you(he told us)

JRigg
03-07-09, 06:38 PM
Haha that blows. At least you have a chance of not being in his platoon.

Doesnt really matter to me, they are all going to play mind games, smoke me, slay me, kill me, etc until my "heart pops" and play lovely fvck fvck games. :D

JRigg
03-07-09, 06:43 PM
I feel for you....also dont let your g/f send cookies....he will eat them in front of you(he told us)

Shes a Marine (not the reason im joining) so she knows all the rules haha. She promised me she wouldnt write things on my envelopes either about my DI's n so forth. Thank goodness. :banana:

HammerOfJustice
03-08-09, 07:46 PM
Shes a Marine (not the reason im joining) so she knows all the rules haha. She promised me she wouldnt write things on my envelopes either about my DI's n so forth. Thank goodness. :banana:

My wife intends to send cookies and write on the envelope "To the DIs, please eat in front of him"

JRigg
03-08-09, 10:10 PM
My wife intends to send cookies and write on the envelope "To the DIs, please eat in front of him"

Hahahaha nice!

kash
03-09-09, 06:39 AM
Saturday we had a pool function and competed against 2 other RSS. The Major and Sergeant Major brought up two Drill Instructors from Parris Island to motivate us. I can still barely talk from yelling Aye Sir, Aye Ma'am, Yes Sir, Yes Ma'am so much Saturday. Our Pool Function next month is going to be a statewide competition.

immaproshooter
03-09-09, 10:53 AM
lmao....yall think your throats hurt now... wait until Boot you know you are doin it right when u are caughin up blood from havin a really bad sore throat

Rains
03-09-09, 03:14 PM
This last saturday we went to Beale Air Force Base and shot the 9mm Pistol.
A Sergeant Major was there with us all day.

We got there at like 0900 and I was in the last stick to shoot so I got to sit around all day long in the sun shooting the breeze and what-not.

Funny sh!t happened that day... After we all ate our MRE at lunch, our Staff Sergeant had us put all the little packs of laxitif gum in a box, and we had one of the newer Poolees chew it all (54 peices), he didnt know they had laxitif in them until after he chewed it all in one bigass wad and he got told.
LMAO :banana:

Rotella
03-14-09, 10:35 PM
For our pool function today we did a 5 mile hike around a lake in a state park. We wore packs that we filled with rocks, sang cadences, and ate MRE's. It way by far the best pool function I've been to.

Anding
03-14-09, 10:57 PM

Happens the other way around too. DI might make you eat them. ALL of them. :sick:

Achped
03-15-09, 05:49 AM

St. Pete Florida??? Who's your gf? She's from St. Pete too?

Achped
03-15-09, 05:50 AM
Haha no way, SSgt Assad got promoted! Do you know if SSgt V and SSgt Robinson are leaving any time soon (like before May?)

SGT7477
03-15-09, 07:37 AM
Promises are made to be broken.:D

MattNC
03-15-09, 09:41 AM
Saturday we had a pool function and competed against 2 other RSS. The Major and Sergeant Major brought up two Drill Instructors from Parris Island to motivate us. I can still barely talk from yelling Aye Sir, Aye Ma'am, Yes Sir, Yes Ma'am so much Saturday. Our Pool Function next month is going to be a statewide competition.

Yeah, we had ours yesterday. We had 6 RSS at ours: Garner(mine), Raleigh, Fayetteville, Durham, and 2 others. We only had half our guys there; so we had like 18 guys, whereas Raleigh and the others had like 50 a piece haha. I'll see ya there next month then right?

Tug of war was fun as mess. I'm looking forwards to getting to play that again next month.

Any idea where the state wide competition is going to be held?

futurepoole08
03-15-09, 07:37 PM
My first Pool Function consisted of pull-ups, crunches, than a two mile beach run in the middle of Spring Break. We were going to play some volleyball, but that got canceled due to a lot of our Poolees living in other surrounding towns and having to be back. So the day was cut short. This month we're having two Pool Functions, one will be working the air show, and the one the weekened after will be our ACTUAL Pool Function. No idea what it will consist of, being we never know until they tell us.