PDA

View Full Version : They changed the date on me?

boblasek
02-19-09, 12:33 PM
Let me say thanks to all the Marines, Poolees and other people for the information i have gathered on this forum.

My ship date from what i signed is supposed to be August 24th 2009. I jusr recieved a call from my recruiter Sgt Nava that the date he sees on his computer (after i got my MOS) was August 3rd 2009. This does not bother much, but i would have most likely been home for Thanksgiving with my first ship date.

My question is can they do this and has anyone had this done to them? He said it might be because of schooling.

bstewar09
02-19-09, 12:49 PM
Its the needs of the Corps

0231Marine
02-19-09, 12:53 PM
Don't take it personal but you'll go when the Corps says it's time. You've signed the papers so there isn't much you can do now. There will always be other Thanksgivings and what is better than spending time with your new Marine Corps family over the holidays?

giveen
02-19-09, 12:54 PM
Welcome to the Corps, were the Corps needs override anything you want.

Couldnt tell you how many Marines here have missed holidays with their loved ones because of deployments, duty, work schedules etc.

ThundaFromUnda
02-19-09, 12:57 PM
A lot of ship dates are getting pushed to different times currently. My recruiter told us that there needs to be a slow down in recruiting due to the sheer amount of people who are seeking to join now.

It seems you lucked out on getting your date earlier, most of our ship dates in our DEP are in risk of being pushed back to a later date. Or possibly it's what 0231 said, the need of the Corps.

KawiGunny
02-19-09, 01:09 PM
You could complain about it and cry breach of contract or you could just SITFU and go. Your choice.

boblasek
02-19-09, 01:21 PM
I am not complaining I just wanted to know why? Sorry if I offended you in anyway KawiGunny. I would rather leave earlier then later.

KawiGunny
02-19-09, 01:34 PM
You didn't offend me. You are asking questions here that you need to be directing to your recruiter. He has the answers without us guessing.

0231Marine
02-19-09, 01:37 PM
Couldnt tell you how many Marines here have missed holidays with their loved ones because of deployments, duty, work schedules etc.

Very true...try having 4 birthdays in a row on the same base in Ramadi.

usmcpooleepfd
02-19-09, 02:51 PM
They changed my ship date too. It started off being june 22 and it got bumped down to june 15. They told me it was because females ship out only twice a month (idk if this is true) and that the june 22 bus got filled right before i enlisted and that a girl on the bus to leave on june 15 got dropped. So i was the next person to fill in her place.

kash
02-19-09, 03:18 PM
They changed my ship date too. It started off being june 22 and it got bumped down to june 15. They told me it was because females ship out only twice a month (idk if this is true) and that the june 22 bus got filled right before i enlisted and that a girl on the bus to leave on june 15 got dropped. So i was the next person to fill in her place.
We had 5 people going Active on the 15th. All but me and another friend got pushed back till like July and August.

Are you going to Parris Island?

usmcpooleepfd
02-19-09, 03:22 PM
yes i am i'm a female..lol

CplKJSpevak
02-19-09, 03:27 PM
It happened to me, Remember Semper Gumby "Alway's Flexible". I would think as all Poolee's ship dates get closer, they have to refine the numbers a bit. I was ****ed too, with me it was "Your leaving Oct 14th", then they pushed it back to the end of November, then they called me November 9th and told me I was leaving the next day. Just roll with it.

Rocky C
02-19-09, 03:36 PM
AHHH the memories. June, July and August at P.I. 120 degree weather, 20 mile Force March, sand fleas.
You Lucky B*sstards.
Good Luck and God Bless The Marine Corps.
Semper Fi,
Rocky

usmcpooleepfd
02-19-09, 03:42 PM
AHHH the memories. June, July and August at P.I. 120 degree weather, 20 mile Force March, sand fleas.
You Lucky B*sstards.
Good Luck and God Bless The Marine Corps.
Semper Fi,
Rocky

LMAO i hear the humidity makes it 10x worse....lol.....and i don't even want to think of all the bugs...lol...sticking to ya going in your eyes...oh boy..i cant wait...lol...well not really...but hey i'll do whatever it takes to earn the Title!!

boblasek
02-19-09, 07:20 PM
You didn't offend me. You are asking questions here that you need to be directing to your recruiter. He has the answers without us guessing.

Sorry if I did not put that in my intial post but I did in fact ask him and he had no clue. Thats why I asked here to see if anyone had the same situation.

Thanks for all the responses and I hope to now claim my title even sooner!

C BAKER
02-19-09, 10:40 PM
Let me say thanks to all the Marines, Poolees and other people for the information i have gathered on this forum.

My ship date from what i signed is supposed to be August 24th 2009. I jusr recieved a call from my recruiter Sgt Nava that the date he sees on his computer (after i got my MOS) was August 3rd 2009. This does not bother much, but i would have most likely been home for Thanksgiving with my first ship date.

My question is can they do this and has anyone had this done to them? He said it might be because of schooling.

We ship out the same day. Maybe we will be in the same platoon.

C BAKER
02-19-09, 10:52 PM
We ship out the same day. Maybe we will be in the same platoon.
Didn't get to edit my post in time. If we do or dont get in the same platoon. I would suggest getting your PT on. Because those 6 pull ups and 40 crunches are pathetic. My running time isn't good either but running for baseball helps alot and keeps me off the Lazy-Boy. So if i was in you position I would Get Some PT.

boblasek
02-19-09, 11:06 PM
Didn't get to edit my post in time. If we do or dont get in the same platoon. I would suggest getting your PT on. Because those 6 pull ups and 40 crunches are pathetic. My running time isn't good either but running for baseball helps alot and keeps me off the Lazy-Boy. So if i was in you position I would Get Some PT.

Yes I know they are very pathetic :( but I haven't done pull ups in over 6 years and I pulled off 6 in my first try. Sit ups have been getting better but I really need to work on my running. When I was applying for the Sheriffs all of my stats where a lot better.

Okay so I am editing my post because I read your profile. You put your ship date for 2008. Your pretty close to the border of the Mississippi so are you coming to MCRD San Diego or PI?

C BAKER
02-19-09, 11:11 PM
Yes I know they are very pathetic :( but I haven't done pull ups in over 6 years and I pulled off 6 in my first try. Sit ups have been getting better but I really need to work on my running. When I was applying for the Sheriffs all of my stats where a lot better.

Okay so I am editing my post because I read your profile. You put your ship date for 2008. Your pretty close to the border of the Mississippi so are you coming to MCRD San Diego or PI?
MCRD San Diego.

Poolee Vasquez
03-26-09, 08:28 PM
SDP: 20090227
MOS: Aviation Mechanic
MCRDPI
Ship Date:20090801

My ship date was actually supposed to be 20090622 but due to the MOS I wanted which is Aviation Mechanic My recruiter had to request to push my ship date back to 20090801 because that is when Aviation Mechanic had its first open slot.

boblasek
03-26-09, 09:46 PM
SDP: 20090227
MOS: Aviation Mechanic
MCRDPI
Ship Date:20090801

My ship date was actually supposed to be 20090622 but due to the MOS I wanted which is Aviation Mechanic My recruiter had to request to push my ship date back to 20090801 because that is when Aviation Mechanic had its first open slot.

So you leave Saturday? which means we start on the same day (the 3rd) and have the same MOS. Maybe after MCT we will meet each other for our schooling?

Poolee Vasquez
03-27-09, 05:48 AM
Yeah we just might

Hayes
03-27-09, 06:07 AM
Psh I dont know what your talking about 120 heat at PI. It freaking snowed on the damn range when I was there....and yes our drill instructors hit us with snowballs...bastards.