PDA

View Full Version : Introduction. Outroduction.

Soto C
02-17-09, 06:41 PM
Hello all! I'm extremely excited to be shipping soon and can't wait to earn the title of U.S. Marine. It's something I've aspired to be for quite some time now and I'm so motivated.

My MOS is slated as 6800 which would place me under Meteorology and Oceanography. So I guess that makes me a weatherman of the Corps. If someone has any experience as one or knows someone who has been one your experiences with this MOS would be appreciated. I'm also not quite sure why it's a five year contract seeing as the MOS school isn't that long.

I'm going active duty and have been informed that I have a good chance of being deployed into a combat zone (something I wish to do in my enlistment).

My uncle is Force Recon and believe me you I don't want to be Ricky Recon or some type of high speed overachieving rambo type of guy but I picked the USMC for a few reasons:

1. I'm absolutely astonished by the community of Marines and how they selflessly serve this country.

2. The sense of humor, honor, and excellence that the Marine Corps promotes is quite similar to mine or at least.

3. I am pretty fit physically and want the most demanding training I can possibly receive!

4. This country has given me countless opportunities and I truly appreciate all that is being done to keep it that way for others.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I have a good head on my shoulders and I'm pretty much going to get destroyed in boot camp but no pain no gain right!

I'd also like to stress the fact that I know it's going to be really hard and I don't assume that I'm going to skate through or anything like that.

Hello everyone!

By the way my stats are:

5'6 120lb's
IST:

10:30
1/2 Mile

75-80
Crunches (HELP)

16-20
Pullups (Being light is the advantage!):banana:

thewookie
02-17-09, 06:54 PM
Hello all! I'm extremely excited to be shipping soon and can't wait to earn the title of U.S. Marine. It's something I've aspired to be for quite some time now and I'm so motivated.

My MOS is slated as 6800 which would place me under Meteorology and Oceanography. So I guess that makes me a weatherman of the Corps. If someone has any experience as one or knows someone who has been one your experiences with this MOS would be appreciated. I'm also not quite sure why it's a five year contract seeing as the MOS school isn't that long.

I'm going active duty and have been informed that I have a good chance of being deployed into a combat zone (something I wish to do in my enlistment).

My uncle is Force Recon and believe me you I don't want to be Ricky Recon or some type of high speed overachieving rambo type of guy but I picked the USMC for a few reasons:

1. I'm absolutely astonished by the community of Marines and how they selflessly serve this country.

2. The sense of humor, honor, and excellence that the Marine Corps promotes is quite similar to mine or at least.

3. I am pretty fit physically and want the most demanding training I can possibly receive!

4. This country has given me countless opportunities and I truly appreciate all that is being done to keep it that way for others.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I have a good head on my shoulders and I'm pretty much going to get destroyed in boot camp but no pain no gain right!

I'd also like to stress the fact that I know it's going to be really hard and I don't assume that I'm going to skate through or anything like that.

Hello everyone!

By the way my stats are:

5'6 120lb's
IST:

1/2 Mile

75-80
Crunches (HELP)

16-20
Pullups (Being light is the advantage!):banana:

Sounds like they will finish you off well, good luck. Make it happen.

lavgunman
02-17-09, 07:02 PM
1/2 Mile

Better start there before you leave for boot. 21 min is decent for a three mile run.

Soto C
02-17-09, 09:23 PM
Thank you. It's kind of weak no?

0231Marine
02-18-09, 07:28 AM
Thank you. It's kind of weak no?

No, that's very week. At that rate, you'll run your 3 miles in over an hour. I really hope you intended to say 1 1/2 miles.

KawiGunny
02-18-09, 08:37 AM
No, that's very week. At that rate, you'll run your 3 miles in over an hour. I really hope you intended to say 1 1/2 miles.

I hope it was a misprint also. If not, Give me your address and I will send my 12 y/o son over to PT you till you get that run time down. I haze him all the time and he thinks it's funny. So does my 6 y/o daughter that likes doing push-ups with her feet on the couch. And no, I am not a mean dad.

BackhausD
02-18-09, 10:14 AM
1/2 Mile

It most likely is a typo. The average human walks 2 to 3 mph. That's not even walking fast. Most people could walk a half mile in under 10:30.

Soto C
02-18-09, 01:10 PM
OMG!

Yeah that was a misprint lol!!!

1 1/2 miles @10:30

That would be a disgrace!!!:nerd:

Sorry about that guys!