PDA

View Full Version : FutureUSMC7- An example

Seyborg
02-14-09, 09:43 PM
FutureUSMC7

Came into chat and said "Semper Fidelis". We told him he doesn't rate that ****. He said various remarks about **** the Marines and **** us and he does rate it.

So, I'm posting this in Chesty's Hooch. You poolees don't rate that **** yet. Yeah it blows, you just want to be accepted believe me I understand it because there are things that I don't rate yet as a trained grunt and Marine, but you have to earn everything.

Be good.

Gnetics
02-15-09, 12:24 AM
I agree WE DO NOT rate anything because we have yet to earn the title of United States Marines...but I hope to earn that title and EGA soon enough.

bekster2008
02-15-09, 12:52 AM
Yes Private First Class, we Poolees do not rate that, I have that talk with many poolees in my RSS since I am squad leader, the worst was when one girl, a sixteen year old came in one day and had a REAL "Semper Fidelis" tattoo on her back. I just went off, we don't rate that, I am looking forward to earning it, and until I do the only thing I will wear referring to the Marine Corps is my Poolee shirt to Poolee functions.

BackhausD
02-15-09, 11:32 AM
I agree that we don't rate it in the context of the Marine Corps. We shouldn't be saying it around here or around anything that has to do with the Marine Corps.

BUT....the Marine Corps doesn't have a monopoly on the phrase "Semper Fidelis". It has been used by Irish and English families as their motto since the 15th century. It is also the motto of the English city of Exeter, the French city of St. Malo and the Ukranian city of Lviv. Everyone of those cities adopted the motto long before the Marine Corps did in 1883.

As far as the tattoo thing. Don't be retarded and get Semper Fidelis with an Eagle, Globe and Anchor when you're not a Marine. But if it just says Semper Fidelis, it could be referring to their family motto. So beware before you rip them a new azzhole.

PREPARE TO OPEN FIRE ON THE POOLEE

bekster2008
02-15-09, 11:40 AM
LOL it does have an EGA below it...

Petz
02-15-09, 11:44 AM
I agree that we don't rate it in the context of the Marine Corps. We shouldn't be saying it around here or around anything that has to do with the Marine Corps.

BUT....the Marine Corps doesn't have a monopoly on the phrase "Semper Fidelis". It has been used by Irish and English families as their motto since the 15th century. It is also the motto of the English city of Exeter, the French city of St. Malo and the Ukranian city of Lviv. Everyone of those cities adopted the motto long before the Marine Corps did in 1883.

As far as the tattoo thing. Don't be retarded and get Semper Fidelis with an Eagle, Globe and Anchor when you're not a Marine. But if it just says Semper Fidelis, it could be referring to their family motto. So beware before you rip them a new azzhole.

PREPARE TO OPEN FIRE ON THE POOLEE

it'd better have their family crest above it otherwise the DIs will have a field day with them the whole time in training.

Drill for life
02-15-09, 12:10 PM
Just remebr Imitation is the highest form of respect.

Achped
02-15-09, 12:30 PM
LOL@Semper Fidelis being a family motto. I guess we should let anything go, since Honor Courage and Commitment could your family's values, or Death Before Dishonor even, right?

Yes Private First Class, we Poolees do not rate that, I have that talk with many poolees in my RSS since I am squad leader, the worst was when one girl, a sixteen year old came in one day and had a REAL "Semper Fidelis" tattoo on her back. I just went off, we don't rate that, I am looking forward to earning it, and until I do the only thing I will wear referring to the Marine Corps is my Poolee shirt to Poolee functions.

So THATS what PFC means!!! I always thought it meant something else referring to corporals and boot females...but that's for Chesty's Hooch.

BackhausD
02-15-09, 01:17 PM
No poolee or wannabe with an intellect capacity above that of a telephone pole would use Semper Fidelis in context of the Marine Corps. The girl who had it PERMANENTLY WRITTEN on her body and the kid who came in the chat and threw it around like it was the word "the" are retarded. Marines have every right to chew people like that out.

The phrase is also used by other people to mean other things non-Marine related. It's not like Oorah, which is pretty much only used by the Marine Corps.

It has to be taken in context.

hempstead56
02-15-09, 03:16 PM

Dam I can't wait for that girl to get to PI......

bekster2008
02-15-09, 03:19 PM
Well here is the thing she is sixteen and so set on enlisting but then again she is sixteen meaning in two year who knows if she will want to join, she does have some weight to lose...then she will just be a dumba$$ who got the tattoo. LOL.

PaidinBlood
02-15-09, 03:23 PM
Oh but to be a fly on that wall...

Seriously, y'all play nice. Good job policing up the trash, Marine, but don't let it get ya all fired up. Just like I told Joe last night-there's plenty of bodies need dropping across the pond. Save your fire for them-you'll get your chance..:thumbup:

hempstead56
02-15-09, 03:23 PM
No I want her to go Parris Island. I want her Drill instructors to #$%^ with her. What do your recruiters say? They actually let that $hit fly?

PaidinBlood
02-15-09, 03:25 PM
No I want her to go Parris Island. I want her Drill instructors to #$%^ with her. What do your recruiters say? They actually let that $hit fly?

What are they going to do? Scuzz brush it off? Let her get her licks and earn it the hard way. No reason to lose sleep over it...

hempstead56
02-15-09, 03:28 PM
What are they going to do? Scuzz brush it off? Let her get her licks and earn it the hard way. No reason to lose sleep over it...

LOL yea your right man. For a second I was actually kind of ****ed off at that.

PaidinBlood
02-15-09, 03:32 PM
man you need to come over here and tell my wife that. I've been telling her for years...

mcvet57103
02-15-09, 03:34 PM
LOL yea your right man. For a second I was actually kind of ****ed off at that.Yeah and tell her to say Semper Fi to her drill instructors when she has her first face to face with em. I only wish I could be there to see the mushroom cloud.

PaidinBlood
02-15-09, 03:37 PM
Yeah and tell her to say Semper Fi to her drill instructors when she has her first face to face with em. I only wish I could be there to see the mushroom cloud.

or maybe just "WTF are you looking at?" that should do nicely...

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/8822/megx3profiltx8.jpg

bekster2008
02-15-09, 03:46 PM
My recruiter actually called her disgusting because she comes in dressed in things that show it sometimes so now if she does that he tells her to go next door to the Army with her clothes and maybe they will accept her. She thinks he is kidding....

mcvet57103
02-15-09, 04:10 PM
My recruiter actually called her disgusting because she comes in dressed in things that show it sometimes so now if she does that he tells her to go next door to the Army with her clothes and maybe they will accept her. She thinks he is kidding....That's the kinda person who can really use the Marine corps. I was cocky as h-ll, on probation, and looking at a stint at the local reform school when I enlisted. Straightened my smart-azz right out. She sounds like she needs some time to get to know the quarter deck intimently(sp). I guarantee, if she earns the EGA she will be a whole new person.