PDA

View Full Version : Finally able to start my Path to the Title

JWG
02-10-09, 08:23 PM
Well, those of you who have been here a long time may still remember me from way back. I've been here, on an off over years, looking forward to becoming a Marine.

Just thought I'd let all of you that care know I started my path toward the Title finally now since I'm 17. Just signed papers to go to MEPS next Tuesday, the 17th for my Physical and ASVAB. I can't DEP until June or May since that is when the first high school in the nation graduates it student, making me considered a Senior by the government. But they're getting me started anyways so I can fast track the process when it comes time.

This feels great. Started going to Poolee functions, even though I can't offically DEP until June/May. I love them, it's great to be around others with the same mission.

STAY MOTO! :thumbup::flag:

kash
02-10-09, 08:36 PM
Congrats! I DEPed on June 6th of last year. Last day of school I went to MEPS and sworn in first day of summer. First day on the Island is June 15th. Been a long wait.

napalm
02-10-09, 08:53 PM
Grats man, hopefully I'll sign sometime this summer :)

jinelson
02-10-09, 09:38 PM
Outstanding Jon I was hoping to see this day come to pass. You have been an outstanding contributor to Poolee Hall for several years and have greatly impressed a number of Marines on this site. Your...

ecfree
02-10-09, 09:41 PM
JWG.....Get er Done.....:thumbup:

davblay
02-10-09, 10:11 PM
GOOD ON YOU JON! I hope you all the success in the world. It just don't seem possible that you are old enough to enlist already.

Dave

Books
02-10-09, 10:30 PM
Well done! Do you have an MOS field you are interested in?

JWG
02-11-09, 09:56 PM
Those words mean a lot, thank you very much. Yes, SSgt, I can't wait to give you the honor. Wish I could DEP now. But I'm still going each week and acting as one anyways.

Poolee Berkeley- To answer your question I'm not sure what MOS yet. My main goal really is to just be a Marine right now. They will put me wherever needed in the end anyways, hehe. Going to look at it a bit once I get results from next week's ASVAB.

Just an update. Tonight's poolee function was awesome. We did IST which I love and the best part was after. It was raining out (finally warmed up and snow cleared) so the soccer/football field we used to play some football was soaked in puddles and ALL MUD. Was a MOTO time. I blocked whole time for my recruiter and held back like 3-4 guys. Was a damn good time all around. This Saturday they are having Drill Instructors come in, and I can't wait.

So glad I'm able to finally start this journey. Truly a calling and I am so grateful to have answered it.

STAY MOTOS BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!! :thumbup::flag::thumbup:

JWG
02-19-09, 11:41 AM
Hey all,

Just got back from MEPS the other evening. Got to stay in a nice Embassy Suites hotel room and dinner thanks to Uncle Sam. Got a 72 ASFQT on my ASVAB and passed my Physical. Now all I got to do is raise my hand May 1st and I'm good to go. Even though I won't ship to Parris Island til next year due to me only being a Junior. Oh well, I look at it as an opportunity to get stronger and well rounded and to help out more at the RSS and Pool functions.

Glad it's getting closer. Has been a long wait so far, this is nothing.

jetdoc
02-19-09, 02:47 PM
Good to go Jon.