PDA

View Full Version : Medical Waivers

MrGoldCal
02-08-09, 11:33 AM
A quick question to those who have gone through this, how hard is it and what is the process for obtaining a medical waiver? I dont wish to get into specifics but I would just like to hear from you guys the process and how it went. Thank you

davblay
02-08-09, 11:38 AM
102 hits in our search in 0.75 seconds! Use the search button, PLease!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/search.php?searchid=794033

Dave

MrGoldCal
02-08-09, 11:49 AM
Sir, I have used the search function and all I found was a sparse mix of " my recruiter said I need a waiver" and "Do I need a waiver for ___"

davblay
02-08-09, 11:53 AM
Sir, I have used the search function and all I found was a sparse mix of " my recruiter said I need a waiver" and "Do I need a waiver for ___"

Did you try the link I gave you?

MrGoldCal
02-08-09, 11:59 AM
Did you try the link I gave you?

Yes sir, I want information about the process a poolee has to go through to get a waiver or what they had to do. I have about 3 medical conditions from early childhood that have not surfaced in more than 6 years or more

davblay
02-08-09, 12:28 PM
Sigh..........I don't want to rain on your parade, but this is something you need to discuss with your recruiter. Some Medical waivers are granted there at MEPS, or at least while you're there, and some are sent higher up for a decision, while some conditions don't even require anything other than being documented. Some take days, some take months. But this is a discussion you need to have with your recuiter.

Good luck, and I hope you get the information you want, but I just don't have enough to go on as far a using some of my experience as a recruiter. I haven't recruited in 22 years, a lot of things have changed since then!

My advice.....talk to your recruiter!

Dave

MrGoldCal
02-08-09, 12:37 PM
I sent you a private message sir