PDA

View Full Version : How to Handle the Head Games

Sempermom66
01-31-09, 12:44 PM
I don't want to say too much, so let's talk theoretically:

It makes sense that a strong personality would require more breaking down--and would be inclined to resist more--than an acquiescent personality. And I imagine that in some ways, a recruit who believes he has prepared himself mentally for the psychological challenge of phase one may be surprised to discover that the DIs have his number from T-1.

This could probably come as quite a shock to a guy who aced the ASVAB and has had everything dialed for as long as he can remember.

So, given two recruits, apparently one is sleeping through the night, and one is logging a lot of fire watch.

Could someone direct me to a thread or provide a link about maintaining focus and getting into compliance that I could copy and send on to my recruit? I think that it could help with attitude adjustment...

C.

CH53MetalMan
01-31-09, 01:31 PM
Forget about the psychological aspect. Tell the recruit to suck it up and do exactly as he is told.

As far fire watch duty goes, along with most anything else, remember that in the Corps there is no such thing as fair. People that think the world will dole out its inconveniences in an orderly manor are in for a rude awakening during their Marine Corps days.

Sempermom66
01-31-09, 02:06 PM
Thank you for that response. It's brief enough to fit on a post card. I'll send it along.

Kegler300
01-31-09, 02:19 PM
Exactly. Boot Camp is a piece of cake compared to things to come.

cantonmark
01-31-09, 04:15 PM
In almost every letter to my son I told him to remember one thing. The quickest way out of recruit training is Graduation. The DI's have been trained and know how to deal with all situations. Most recruits settle in after the first couple of weeks. Keep the positive letters going and your recruit will be fine.

Quinbo
01-31-09, 04:29 PM
That's the beauty of the brotherhood ... mutual suffering through hell. Anyone who trys to act as though they are some how special and above the rest does not gain anything but extra education on being a Marine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_bvT-DGcWw

Nother brick in the wall.

Sempermom66
01-31-09, 10:09 PM
In almost every letter to my son I told him to remember one thing. The quickest way out of recruit training is Graduation. The DI's have been trained and know how to deal with all situations. Most recruits settle in after the first couple of weeks. Keep the positive letters going and your recruit will be fine.

Yes, thank you, I have more clarity with the collective response I've received.

I sent an encouragement card today (Saturday). I will follow up on Monday with something a little more blunt.

C.

davblay
01-31-09, 11:11 PM
Send them one of those card that sings and makes music and throughs shredded paper everywhere, The Dis love getting those, great for moral amd all. :evilgrin: Or maybe a subscription top HUSTLER or playbow! They like them too.

hehe

Dave

Quinbo
02-01-09, 12:16 AM
Ohhh most definitley Dave .... should also send a half eaten pair of edible underwear with a note ... sorry I ate some Love Jodie

Sempermom66
02-01-09, 06:11 AM
Ohhh most definitley Dave .... should also send a half eaten pair of edible underwear with a note ... sorry I ate some Love Jodie
FYI, my recruits logged some number of months on this website and knew better than to leave a Susie behind...

Quinbo
02-01-09, 11:32 AM
It was supposed to be a funny but I aint much of a comedian.

FistFu68
02-01-09, 11:36 AM
:evilgrin: DID YOU GIVE HIS YOUNG AZZ A BLANKET PARTY 4 HE LEFT :evilgrin:

SGT7477
02-01-09, 12:11 PM
The Marine Corps never did Promise A Rose Garden.:evilgrin: