PDA

View Full Version : Didn't Lie at MEPS, been DQ'd

tomg87
01-26-09, 05:50 PM
So over a year and a half ago I saw a doc about depression. I'm 21, not depressed now, been off meds for over a year, going to college. I'm in good shape physically, perfect ASVAB and good DLAB, but when I went to MEPS I didn't lie to them, like the recruiters said to, about having seen a doc for depression. Permanently DQ'd. I would have lied but I figured for a security clearance they'd find out anyway and I'd get busted. The recruiter said I might be able to get a waiver, but he hasn't called me back.

Let's say I finish college and try joining Marines again. By that point I'll have been off meds for a least 5 years.

Will I likely be able to join? I don't want to be one of those guys who says, "I almost joined the Marines." It's my dream to be a Marine, I'll do whatever it takes

Quinbo
01-26-09, 06:01 PM
Ummm

buick233
01-26-09, 06:02 PM
Go for a commission. And don't tell them about the depression/meds. The medical screening you go through for ROTC/OCS is completely separate from MEPS. They'll never find out unless you tell them...

RYDERKUR
01-26-09, 06:06 PM
Go for a commission. And don't tell them about the depression/meds. The medical screening you go through for ROTC/OCS is completely separate from MEPS. They'll never find out unless you tell them...

A deceitful officer...outfvckingstanding, and one who has problems in his brain-housing group at that. That's a great beginning for a leader of Marines.

GySgtRet
01-26-09, 06:09 PM
Then when have have read and comprehended the rules re-post your question.

buick233,

I beg to differ with your statement. I don't mean to argue with a Marine Sister or Brother but that is just not good advice at all. My recruiting duty may have been back in the 80s but what stood then is still the same today. If you are going for a TS or any clearance then you must disclose all. What I don't understand is about this individual is what was the criteria for his year and a half? The usual BUMED constraint is to go without the medication for a year then the case is reviewed. I see no mention of anything to do with BUMED. Scores or not if you weren't properly advised you will fail and that doesn't mean or have anything to do with lying. If you lied and you joined my Marine Corps I would have you put out on breach of contract and evasion.

Gunny out
:usmc:

SGT7477
01-26-09, 06:15 PM

That wouldn't be good.:evilgrin:

Quinbo
01-26-09, 06:19 PM
Buick your're a maint chief too?>

CBRN5711Tech
01-26-09, 06:31 PM
Just go for your commission but don't lie. If all else fails you still have a degree and your whole life ahead of you. The Marine Corps isn't for everyone.

rvillac2
01-26-09, 06:46 PM
No profile, this thread will die.

GySgtRet
01-26-09, 07:00 PM
I tried to tell him/her? what they need to do but he/she hasn't been on. So I guess it wasn't important inforamtion.??

Gunny out
:usmc: