PDA

View Full Version : Back from boot camp

SS109
01-24-09, 04:09 PM
Well I made it alright, PFC Turci on deck.

Posted in the "Former Poolee Advice" as well, any questions feel free to ask.

polizei
01-24-09, 04:49 PM
Congratulations Marine!

SGT7477
01-24-09, 05:54 PM
Congrats jarhead.

davblay
01-24-09, 06:21 PM
Well I made it alright, PFC Turci on deck.

Posted in the "Former Poolee Advice" as well, any questions feel free to ask.

Welcome to the brotherhood Marine! I am proud to call you brother.

Follow this link to get squared away.

Semper Fi,

Dave

yellowwing
01-24-09, 06:28 PM
Congratulations Turci! Wow, you outrank Menso now :D

davblay
01-24-09, 08:13 PM
Welcome to the brotherhood Marine! I am proud to call you brother.

Follow this link to get squared away.

Semper Fi,

Dave

Forgot to paste the link,,,,,another brain fart I guess! :marine:

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62292

Dave

thedrifter
01-25-09, 06:19 AM
Congratulations Marine!

Ellie

MattNC
01-25-09, 09:34 AM
Congratulations Marine, and welcome back to North Carolina!

Sgt Jim
01-25-09, 10:39 AM
Welcome aboard Marine

Artemis
01-25-09, 11:07 AM
Congrats Turci. Even made it out with a stripe OOOHRAH!

DGardner
01-25-09, 12:31 PM
Congrats Turci. Wasn't sure you were still alive on that island. Stopped getting mail from you... hehehe. ;)

CH53MetalMan
01-25-09, 12:58 PM
PFC Turci

Congratulations Marine.

I have a few questions. What nearly broke you? What did you dread doing most of all? What gave you the most confidence and what inspired you most of all? What did you like to do and what (is anything) will you miss?

SS109
01-25-09, 05:06 PM
PFC Turci

Congratulations Marine.

I have a few questions. What nearly broke you? What did you dread doing most of all? What gave you the most confidence and what inspired you most of all? What did you like to do and what (is anything) will you miss?

To be honest, nothing broke me except the cold haha I hated being freezing all dmned day! As far as dreading? I hated drilling more than anything, it's not that I sucked at it but I simply could not stand it.

What gave me the most confidence? Knowing that if half of the people that didn't deserve to graduate boot camp could make it.. Well hell I can leave them in the dust.

I liked pugil sticks, the PFT, rifle quals, boxing during the crucible. And of course chow, mail, free time haha

What will I miss? My DI's quoting DG's package "My drill instructors are weak/Turci loves the quarterdeck" everytime they smoked me (everyday)

I didn't think boot camp was very hard to be honest, only bits and pieces of it were difficult at times (crucible, BWT, etc) as a whole I think I did quite well.

CH53MetalMan
01-25-09, 05:42 PM
Pulgi sticks were fun. I loved having the boxing gloves and going up against a private from another platoon that fought with the pulgi stick. I was faster with the gloves than someone with the stick.

After boot camp I missed yelling during runs the most. I would scream them out when driving alone - - "If I die on the Russian Front - - What are we going to do when we get back, take a shower and hit the rack. Hell no. Marine Corps. - - Jodie, jodie six foot four, jodie aint never been whiped before - - Jump up, buckle up, shuffle to the door, jump right out and count to four. etc, etc.

Rains
01-26-09, 12:02 PM
WOW It seems like you just left!

:thumbup: Congradulations Marine! :thumbup:

Petz
01-26-09, 12:18 PM
DG.... sent that..... what was in the package? beers for the DIs?!

01-26-09, 12:57 PM
After boot camp I missed yelling during runs the most. I would scream them out when driving alone - - "If I die on the Russian Front - - What are we going to do when we get back, take a shower and hit the rack. Hell no. Marine Corps. - - Jodie, jodie six foot four, jodie aint never been whiped before - - Jump up, buckle up, shuffle to the door, jump right out and count to four. etc, etc.

Haha, that reminds me of when I was in boot camp at San Diego. At that time, the Navy had their basic training right next door to us, separated by just a fence. We would run back and forth up and down the fence, singing songs about how squids were such puddies!

SGT7477
01-26-09, 01:10 PM
Haha, that reminds me of when I was in boot camp at San Diego. At that time, the Navy had their basic training right next door to us, separated by just a fence. We would run back and forth up and down the fence, singing songs about how squids were such puddies!

We did the same,lol.:D

CH53MetalMan
01-27-09, 09:16 PM
We did the same,lol.:D

Birdie, birdie in the sky drop a little white wash in my eye, I'm no salior I won't cry, I'm just glad that cows don't fly.

Rains
01-29-09, 07:41 PM
YOU MIND TELLING US WHAT HAPPENED WHEN THE DUMBASS GARDNER SENT YOU THE CHEER LEADER COSTUME? :no: