PDA

View Full Version : Marine in 3 months.

thablizzit
01-23-09, 12:16 PM
Hi all.

I joined this site a little over a month ago.

December 13th, 2008 was my original ship date. I failed to do the pull-ups at MEPs [which I could previously do 2 weeks earlier], so my date is now Jan. 26th, 2009. I am glad I didn't go because my mom had to have surgery to remove fibroid tumors which we didn't know about prior to my original ship date. She's okay now.

Progress...

This site and my recruiter has helped me ALOT by providing suggestions, tips and information. I went from 0-3 dead hang pull-ups in about a months time. Huge success for me, I worked my ass off.

I did 200 push-ups, crunches, dips & 10 lb. curls daily. I also did assisted pull-ups with a resistance band and sometimes I used a spotter. Negatives helped me out tremendously. At first I couldn't do a pull-up, so I would attempt, it helps also although you're not raising yourself up high from the floor, lol.

Weight loss played a vital role into helping me achieve my pull-ups. With my routine that I started a little over a month ago, I went from a 14:36 run time to a 11:26 mile and a half run. Jan 10th, '09, I could do one and a half of a pull-up now I doubled that within almost two weeks. Anything is possible.

I also got to meet a local poolee from leatherneck, JZfs720. She's amazing and her support and advice contributed also. She's going to make one helluva Marine.

This post is long but I'm just grateful to be shipping out on time, thanks for you're help, Leatherneck Marines and future Marines. Like I said, I didn't think 2 pull-ups in a months time was possible, but after running my ass off, shedding 10-15 lbs, increasing upperbody strength and attempting pull-ups and doing dozens of negatives, anything is possible.

My MOS is intel. My company is Hotel. I'll be graduating April 24th, 2009.

Wes40138
01-23-09, 12:55 PM
you're graduating on my birthday :banana:

JWG
01-23-09, 01:16 PM
Awesome news, I'm glad to hear it. Earn that Title!

Pennyw1se
01-23-09, 01:54 PM
I ship on the 26th as well, but since you're Hotel Company I figure you're going to PI. I'm going to be in San Diego in a couple days ;) Good job on staying motivated and doing what you need to do. I wish the best of luck to you, and maybe I'll see you around here again after our graduation.

Achped
01-23-09, 02:09 PM
Hopefully I'll be back in Iraq by then and be able to congratulate you on earning the title from the comfort of my barracks room in Hawaii.

Stay motivated!

MrRobert
01-23-09, 02:14 PM
How do you know what company you are? I'm headed to PI on the 26th. I have no idea what company I'm in. Lol, my recruiter tells me nothing.

thedrifter
01-23-09, 02:20 PM
Best of Luck!

Ellie

Pennyw1se
01-23-09, 02:33 PM
How do you know what company you are? I'm headed to PI on the 26th. I have no idea what company I'm in. Lol, my recruiter tells me nothing.

I actually found out my checking the 2009 Graduation Schedule at the MCRDSD website.

http://www.mcrdsd.usmc.mil/

If you're going to PI, then check here:

http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/index.asp

polizei
01-23-09, 03:22 PM
Cool, thanks for the link. Looks like if I don't get dropped I'll be graduating 3rd Bn Mike Co. on May 8th. Best of luck!

JZfs720
01-23-09, 09:38 PM
I knew you could do it Josh. You motivate me dude! You'll be back in time to wish me luck at Parris Island. Good luck, and come back here a Marine.

Siggs
01-23-09, 10:55 PM
I'm leaving for Parris Island on the 26th too, see you there! :yes:

-Grant

degenerate138
01-24-09, 05:53 PM
I'm also leaving the 26th. Good luck and hopefully we'll see each other on the parade deck if not sooner.

thablizzit
01-24-09, 06:07 PM
I knew you could do it Josh. You motivate me dude! You'll be back in time to wish me luck at Parris Island. Good luck, and come back here a Marine.

I won't quit boot camp. Only way I'm leaving without that title is if I drop dead or get abducted by aliens. Seriously, I am committed. I have much motivation to keep me going and when I feel like giving up, thinking about my life and where it is now will only ignite the flames to keep me going.

I've seen the Marine documentary on the Military channel. I read posts about bootcamp. I am expecting it to be hellish but I am a fighter.

Thanks everyone!