PDA

View Full Version : On his way!!!

kansasmom
01-21-09, 02:56 PM
Hi all,
my son just called and an officer has contacted him and he has a Friday afternoon appointment in Kansas City. He is VERY EXCITED! His ACT scores were high enough he does not have to take a pre test (not sure if that is correct name) and his college hours at the end of this year qualify him. I believe he is on his way! Thank you to those who offered suggestions - :thumbup:

0231Marine
01-22-09, 06:53 AM
You're welcome ma'am. Best of luck and let him know about this site. If he's ever got any questions, there are enough Marines on here that someone should be able to help him out.

ScottsMom
01-22-09, 07:25 AM
Congratulations to your Marine!!!

kansasmom
01-22-09, 08:39 AM
Hi Gina,
I saw the pic of you and your son, I am hoping that is us later this year! Phil is so excited and it is such a good feeling as a parent that he has chosen this path. He has some family not totally "on board" with this but I have asked them to support Phil's decision. They just can't get past leaving college after his third year, why not finish and then do this is their reasoning. Phil has every intention of getting his degree, but he wants to serve and I believe he is capable of doing both. Thank you for your support - I am so glad I found this site full of people just like us!